Quantcast

2nd Shift....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody work 2 jobs?

Is there a typical time that "second shift" starts at or is it different for each company?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My office cut out OT, and our mortgage payment jumped up $400 and will probably go up even more because of bad estimated taxes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mortgage jumped $400 ??? what do you have an Adjustable rate ?
Nope we estimated 7500 for taxes and our school taxes alone were $6900 and our property taxes are going to be like $4500. So they bumped us up for the difference this year and next year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jeez. I pay $1K a year in property taxes.

My mortgage + taxes + insurance is less than Stosh's tax bill.

Last edited:

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
**** that man my rent is equal to about $1000 a month before bills and tax. i cant wait to buy a house. better than living in a tiny matchbox sized thing. but saying that i do work 70hr weeks normally

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think you need to have a conversation with whoever estimated your taxes. Not that you can get out of paying them, but I'd call just to ream someone out for that. It should have been estimated by your mortgage people and/or the closing attorney.

Shifts are pretty standard. Second shift starts between 2:00pm and 4:00pm. Third shift starts between 10:00pm and 12:00pm.

Sorry to hear it, stosh :(

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
We had a similar occurance recently. Trying to sell our house but couldn't so we have renters, two months after we got them in and signed our payment jumped 250 due to taxes. Friggin figures.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I thank Jebus everyday for the Butte's high dropout rate, we're saving a bundle on the free lunch program.

I say screw the 2nd job - send your wife out to work the second shift. :)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Plant of bunch of fruit trees on your coveted acreage and declare it farmland.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Does all of NY suck like this?
Pretty much, though I'm better off than Stosh. I live alone in a 1500 sq ft house assessed at $147k and pay about $4k/yr in taxes. We do have the STAR program here that reduces your taxes based on whether or not you have kids in public schools, fixed income, elderly, etc and I get a partial exemption. The town I live in is lucky enough to be a pilot program for a 100% annual reassessment. The next town over has houses that haven't been reassessed in nearly 30 years. The STAR program is getting overhauled by the new governor and I'll likely not qualify for anything in the near future.

I know several families paying in the $12-15k range in annual taxes. Considering we have a rather poor infrastructure, slipping school system, and I don't send kids to school or use any of the social services it's easy to feel ripped off. I'm in the Southern Tier of NY, pretty much no man's land.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Pretty much, though I'm better off than Stosh. I live alone in a 1500 sq ft house assessed at $147k and pay about $4k/yr in taxes. We do have the STAR program here that reduces your taxes based on whether or not you have kids in public schools, fixed income, elderly, etc and I get a partial exemption. The town I live in is lucky enough to be a pilot program for a 100% annual reassessment. The next town over has houses that haven't been reassessed in nearly 30 years. The STAR program is getting overhauled by the new governor and I'll likely not qualify for anything in the near future.

I know several families paying in the $12-15k range in annual taxes. Considering we have a rather poor infrastructure, slipping school system, and I don't send kids to school or use any of the social services it's easy to feel ripped off. I'm in the Southern Tier of NY, pretty much no man's land.
There are people around here paying $20k+.

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
I just did a hot tub sale at the Orange County Fairgrounds last week. It was the worst show I've ever done, only sold one. Now at least I can understand why...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I just did a hot tub sale at the Orange County Fairgrounds last week. It was the worst show I've ever done, only sold one. Now at least I can understand why...
Ha, I heard about that show on the radio the other week and I thought to myself the last thing anybody is going to buy right now is a hot tub.

I will however take one off your hands for free though. :)

Most shows at the OC Fairgrounds suck.

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
We have actually had REALLY good shows there in the past. In fact last spring we did one and sold about 65 units in three days. Just to put that into perspective, most spa dealers barely break 100 for their whole year.

Unfortunately even with the economy being what it is, we still have to TRY to move inventory for the local dealers.

I'm sure that if you go to Orange County Pools they may allow you to "warehouse" one over the winter since they are still stuck with about 45 (or about $270,000 of inventory) to sit on for the winter months.

By the way, any good riding close to that area? I will be back up there in the spring.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Nope we estimated 7500 for taxes and our school taxes alone were $6900 and our property taxes are going to be like $4500. So they bumped us up for the difference this year and next year.
Jesus H. Christ!

I think my yearly taxes are $600.

Really sucks man.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We have actually had REALLY good shows there in the past. In fact last spring we did one and sold about 65 units in three days. Just to put that into perspective, most spa dealers barely break 100 for their whole year.

Unfortunately even with the economy being what it is, we still have to TRY to move inventory for the local dealers.

I'm sure that if you go to Orange County Pools they may allow you to "warehouse" one over the winter since they are still stuck with about 45 (or about $270,000 of inventory) to sit on for the winter months.

By the way, any good riding close to that area? I will be back up there in the spring.

We have some great riding up here! Aint no French Creek though, mostly flatter. :)

Warehouse one huh?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Backing away from Property taxes for a moment, and back to the two jobs.

As an Auto tech I work five days a week, and for the bikes, either one or two days a week. SO I dont do the second shift, I just work near every day.

Back to Property taxs, Damn some of you guys are getting screwed on your taxes. Our new house the home payment is 890, total mortgage is going to be 1153. which includes taxes, interest, and Ins. And I picked my own provider for the Ins, I wanted better coverage than what the mortgage company was offereing.

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Backing away from Property taxes for a moment, and back to the two jobs.

As an Auto tech I work five days a week, and for the bikes, either one or two days a week. SO I dont do the second shift, I just work near every day.

Back to Property taxs, Damn some of you guys are getting screwed on your taxes. Our new house the home payment is 890, total mortgage is going to be 1153. which includes taxes, interest, and Ins. And I picked my own provider for the Ins, I wanted better coverage than what the mortgage company was offereing.
How much is your house worth?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
How much is your house worth?

140K is what it is closing for. which here in Cali is how you figure your Property taxes. 100% financing.

I havent seen tha actuall Appraisal though, I know we are walking into it with enough Equity that we dont ahve to have the Loan Insurance So at least 20% over what it is closing for

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sweet I landed a second job!

In the same office building as my office from 5-8 every day! 12hr days for me!