Quantcast

2s derp GMT 2s

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good morning!

Papers signed last night, our house will officially be going up on the market in 7-10 days. With any luck we will be outta here at the end of June.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Had to clean up my garage after the long winter of just tossing stuff in it. Hopefully finish cranking on my bike tonight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
9:35 on my commute this morning. With a little hard work, and some good timing on the two traffic lights on my route, I should be able to make it in under 9. it's good to have goals.

otherwise, Greenpeace had set up a protest on the lawn of my office building today. Bunch of headstones for the dead and dissapearing cariboo. I may have ruined their photo op by locking my bike to the tree in their background.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
9:35 on my commute this morning. With a little hard work, and some good timing on the two traffic lights on my route, I should be able to make it in under 9. it's good to have goals.

otherwise, Greenpeace had set up a protest on the lawn of my office building today. Bunch of headstones for the dead and dissapearing cariboo. I may have ruined their photo op by locking my bike to the tree in their background.
They should give you a high 5 for pedaling to work. Carbon neutral.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hot water heater is broke :mad:
If you are replacing it on your own, make sure to find out whether your heater needs an overflow tank. Apparently it's a new thing that keeps them from becoming water rockets.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HOLY FACK. You know when you're having a rough day, and then something STUPID happens, like tripping up a set of metal stairs and in the process obliterating the skin on top of your finger nail? Yeah. It took a lot of restraint not to put a hole in the wall.

I will 100% be riding a bike tonight to relieve this stress.

Oh and you know what really grinds my gears? Losing one allen key from a quality set. arghhh. Need to find a place that sells Bondhus, as apparently Home Depot and other spots only sell Chinesium bullpoop.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rode my bike in to work, slowly. Tuesday == pancreas cancer day as is the case every week. Munching on leftover curry fried rice from Sunday's dinner--I think I'll have leftovers to last the week!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
HOLY FACK. You know when you're having a rough day, and then something STUPID happens, like tripping up a set of metal stairs and in the process obliterating the skin on top of your finger nail? Yeah. It took a lot of restraint not to put a hole in the wall.

I will 100% be riding a bike tonight to relieve this stress.

Oh and you know what really grinds my gears? Losing one allen key from a quality set. arghhh. Need to find a place that sells Bondhus, as apparently Home Depot and other spots only sell Chinesium bullpoop.
amazon usually only has bonhus stuff around here, you might be able to find a locally run hardware store (if those still exist) that might have them

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They should give you a high 5 for pedaling to work. Carbon neutral.
I work for Environment and Climate Change Canada (equivalent of the DOE [well, it used to be equivalent... DOE now is something else I guess]). I'm sure they know most people who choose to work here care about the issues... It's kind of ironic they're protesting here and not at Parliament... but I guess this is where the Minister's office is, and most of her staff work.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I work for Environment and Climate Change Canada (equivalent of the DOE [well, it used to be equivalent... DOE now is something else I guess]). I'm sure they know most people who choose to work here care about the issues... It's kind of ironic they're protesting here and not at Parliament... but I guess this is where the Minister's office is, and most of her staff work.
did you ask them about the global impact of disappearing caribous on the lizurd population? :tinfoil:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well first day at the new consulting gig. Getting there with public transport sucks and I think we will lease a car to begin with. Found a good deal on a Hyundai Ionic Hybrid where we can give up the car after 6 months without a fee.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Long conversation with Haley last night about the boys bullying her. Made it clear that if anything comes up with them she goes straight to a teacher, no questions asked. Turns out they are both WAY behind the rest of the class in all aspects. Shocker.

Part of her issue is that she doesn't feel that she gets the attention she should because of Hannah, which I had to explain to her why. That is on us. She understands it more, that there is only so much time in the day. Promised to have more Haley-Daddy and Haley-Mommy time going forward. Deal has been made that she is going to help me build the climbing wall once I finish my test in June. She gets to help choose the routes, measure, paint the wall, etc.

Unintentionally punched Wifey in the kidney last night. Had a dream that the baby rolled off the bed and I went to grab her in real life. Unfortunately for Wifey she was in the way and took a solid shot to the kidney, thankfully somewhat openhanded. It's just insult to injury because she currently has strep throat and pink eye (yeah kids!).