Quantcast

3/19/24GMT42\91\3

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
2:30, this insomnia sucks.
In good news, I guess, Mother in Law sold their condo in Boca they have had for 50 years. Top dollah, amazingly, as RE is tanking there.
Some of that is going into a college fund, so that’s cool.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Real estate market is super slow here at the moment. So not the best time to try to sell an expensive house.

Was nice to finally get the bike dropped of at the bike shop. Service of both front and rear shocks. Not cheap but I just don't do it ofter enough to be good enough at it to risk fucking up some small details. Plus its good people at the shop.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Up for a couple of hours last night too. First time in months. Was obsessing over the tick I mangled pulling it out of my son's shoulder. Despite using a tick key, I still managed to break off its body. We tried digging the jaws out, but were not successful.

I'm not exactly sure where he got it and how long he had it. Most likely it was from Sunday afternoon's hike (at a notorious tick spot - but it's fuckin March... normally we don't see them till April or even May), or Friday nights sleepover at a cabin, or even last week's trip to NYC (less likely I suppose, but maybe Central Park had some?)

I friggin hope he doesn't get Lyme's... Friggin ticks in March... And they say climate change ain't real...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Tackled a bunch of overdue car maintenance and yard work after work yesterday. Started ripping into the choking mass of bittersweet that's taken over the area by the road. Tempted to rent a brush mower and go scorched earth to try and get rid of it.

Up for a couple of hours last night too. First time in months. Was obsessing over the tick I mangled pulling it out of my son's shoulder. Despite using a tick key, I still managed to break off its body. We tried digging the jaws out, but were not successful.

I'm not exactly sure where he got it and how long he had it. Most likely it was from Sunday afternoon's hike (at a notorious tick spot - but it's fuckin March... normally we don't see them till April or even May), or Friday nights sleepover at a cabin, or even last week's trip to NYC (less likely I suppose, but maybe Central Park had some?)

I friggin hope he doesn't get Lyme's... Friggin ticks in March... And they say climate change ain't real...
Wife and daughter have picked them up already, luckily neither attached. Lyme is a big worry, especially since the neighbor child got tick born encephalitis/meningitis last year and had to deal with cognitive issues.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I keep Doxycycline in my first aid kit in my thru hiking pack just in case I find a target shaped rash after a tick bite and am days away from town. However it was too cold in the mountains for the little bastards They weren’t an issue at all last year. Did find two on training hikes prior to leaving for the AT though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I had a good 9 mile run workout this morning (6:56 pace). Then I had a six month dental checkup. Everything is good there, as usual. I've got to give a presentation for work at NOON. It's virtual though, so that makes it easier.

Happy Birthday, @Sandwich !

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meh sleep. walk with wife in a few. then into work for some meetings. prob hit the gym w/the younger kid this afternoon. sunny but chilly in these parts today.

oh, and happy bday @Sandwich. may your day be fully of joyously mismatched fluorescent bike parts!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@Sandwich wouldn't be named Clint would he?
1710856345669.png

HBD Sandwich!

I keep Doxycycline in my first aid kit in my thru hiking pack just in case I find a target shaped rash after a tick bite and am days away from town. However it was too cold in the mountains for the little bastards They weren’t an issue at all last year. Did find two on training hikes prior to leaving for the AT though.
Called the Dr. She said call the pharmacist. Pharmacist said if it's been in 36 hours or more, I can give doxycycline. So I will be heading off to get it, then bring it to him at school. stupid ticks. stupid climate change.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
felling a giant myrtlewood today then moving all the dirt underneath it in the sakes of preserving a future well house that will reside under neath it. Will use the excavator till afternoon and have caterpillar bring out a masticator or muclhing head for the front of the property since it too steep for a big machine. Just about flipped the fugger about three times yesterday.

In other news,

The river house closed and funded yesterday, celebration din din included, crab stuffed mushrooms, fillet minion, cocktails and more cocktails.

hey @Sandwich , come here sammich, I got a present for ya! HBD brotato

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
how's the missus doing?
good but recovery is slow. working from home now. starting to wear soft brace an hour or so a day, hard brace all other times. doing some very minimal pt to start to re-strengthen neck muscles. next xray/dr. visit is 4/15. i'd guess no driving until may at least. just hanging in there and being patient.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Light schedule with only 2 meetings and will do some paired programming because that has been both helpful and beneficial. WFH, so that will be good.

I'm down 6 pounds so far, 2 pounds a week seems sustainable for now. My recovery time has increased with age, this is suboptimal.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
FFS. Today is turning out to be a total shit show. When I went to get the antibiotics for my son, my car hard a hard time starting. It's not cold so I thought that was odd... But whatever. But when I went to leave the pharmacy, it took three stabs at the push button to get it to start. Feels like a dead battery... This one is 5 or 6 years old, so not unheard of to need replacement. After I dropped off the pills for my boy (without turning off the car) I went straight to Canadian Tire. They can change the battery on the spot. They will also inspect the ignition system, alternator and battery...

I have surgery scheduled for my elbow at a rural hospital 45 minutes away tomorrow, so I don't want to fuck around with this.

Today was supposed to be a 'sushi lunch' day with my wife, so the timing on this sux extra hard.... :disgust:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
FFS. Today is turning out to be a total shit show. When I went to get the antibiotics for my son, my car hard a hard time starting. It's not cold so I thought that was odd... But whatever. But when I went to leave the pharmacy, it took three stabs at the push button to get it to start. Feels like a dead battery... This one is 5 or 6 years old, so not unheard of to need replacement. After I dropped off the pills for my boy (without turning off the car) I went straight to Canadian Tire. They can change the battery on the spot. They will also inspect the ignition system, alternator and battery...

I have surgery scheduled for my elbow at a rural hospital 45 minutes away tomorrow, so I don't want to fuck around with this.

Today was supposed to be a 'sushi lunch' day with my wife, so the timing on this sux extra hard.... :disgust:
Shit - that reminds me... I need to get a new battery for our Mazda.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Happy birthday @Sandwich

tired today. just had an early afternoon espresso. let's hope that helps

continued PT for the neck & should bullcrap that I've been enjoying earlier today. It's getting better, but so very, very slowly.

ordered some eyeball filters for the upcoming eclipse. going to visit @JBP since he's fun and on the path of the event. maybe the world will end?

it's almost warm enough on a consistent basis for me to pull out the bike and ride some asphalt. but I'm a baby about the cold and it's still false spring season.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hamstring is still effed from straining it while digging out the plow from someones off road excursion last week. Suboptimal given I'm getting on a germ tube tomorrow for a riding holiday :/