Quantcast

3.72lb steel/carbon HT

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
just finished building this on friday.

It rolls in at 3.72lbs with paint.
Features TrueTemper OX Platinum tubes with stainless steel lugged carbon-fiber seatstays. Disc only.

The rider of this bike has it built nicely with a mix of sram, fox, and thomson goodies. it'll roll in around 22lbs when its fully built.... with a possibility of it dropping as low as 21 with nicer wheels and bits.

inaugural ride was today on borrowed wheels and results were positive. stiff, light, and smooth.

I just think it looks great.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think he means in this case due to the way they have to bond it to the rest of the frame. It does, however, ride smoother.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
kicknitLivE said:
I believe the carbon is purely aesthetic. Just adds weight.
if by adds weight you mean removes it, then yes. The carbon with its stainless lug weighs less than its comparable truetemper ox platinum stay.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
draco said:
if by adds weight you mean removes it, then yes. The carbon with its stainless lug weighs less than its comparable truetemper ox platinum stay.
:thumb:

Gotta love it when people talk without thinking first ;)

Nice frame, I've always liked the stuff you've done.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
that looks really hot. give it an eccentric bottom bracket and drop the derailleur hanger and id be all over it. ss is the only way that ill race xc . its just not as fun with gears.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Its a beautiful frame, and I don't doubt that the carbon provides a smooth ride. Ive just heard framebuilders say that the weight savings of carbon are negated(or even weight added) by the necessary reinforcement(steel, in this case).