Quantcast

3 Bike stolen in VT

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
X-post from Busted Spoke

Piper's Ironhorse SGS World Cup and Evil DOC as well as Scott's (Lanky here) Balfa 2 Step DH were stolen from Scott's Yukon which was parked at the Trumpore's house in Burlington VT at the time. I'm not sure if they were taken Sat or Sunday night yet.

Here is the partial build on the bikes for now as well as some pics, hopefully someone will see something before they disappear.

04 sgs world cup painted black with progressive 5th
fox dh40
Hayes el caminos i beleive
profiles with evil crown ring
im sure you have all seen his bikes.

05 evil doc red
04 Manitou flick, no stickers
shimano 105 short cage
evil guide, with crown ring
red grips with sic chase bar

Lankys bike
02 balfa two step dh w/ pushed Rc shock
marz super t, 03 i think
profiles with evil guide

I'm sure they will have better ones when they get back but for now...

Piper's SGS

Pipers DOC
1:

2:

Scotts 2- step

Lanky

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
Ma
here is the Balfa part by part

Balfa 2 step DH frame, gray, no sticks on it besides a “Fat Boy” sticker
Pushed Fox RC shock
Marzocchi super T fork, chrome with out stickers
Race Face diabous 50mm stem, Black
Easton EA70 low raise handle bar
Sram attack shifter
LX R derail
Shimano 12-27 9speed cassette
Shimano XT rear hub laced to an atom lab trail pimp with black spokes and a bolt on axle
Marzocchi QR20 front hub laced up to a sun single wide with black spokes
Profile crank arms, 165mm, chrome
E-13 chain wheel 36 tooth
E-13 SRS chain guide with 36 tooth bash ring
Atom Lab Trail King pedals

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
it is kind of scary when stuff like this happens. you would be hard pressed to find a quieter/safer neighborhood in town that mine (bikes were stolen from in front of my house).

it was definetly not a spur of the moment job either judging by the fact that someone has to use one hell of a bolt cutter to cut the lock as clean as they did (it was a clean as cutting a brake cable with cable cutters, only the cable was 1/2" thick)

the bikes were all there friday night, and i would not be suprised if somone came back saturday looking for them again. for the amount of expensive bikes that are always in and around my house, i think someone must have taken notice and are keeping their eye out.... not good

scott and brain, keep me informed with how you make out in getting this taken care of, i feel bad since it was my house, and you were my guests. let me know if i can be of any help in any way

sorry i had to go to work before the police showed up, were they of any help, probably not. (though i bet if my $800 truck got stolen it would be a huge deal... but $10,000 in bikes is still "just bikes" to the cops). i definetly took all the back roads through all parts of town while i was driving around at work today

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Damn, that sucks. I'll keep an eye out, for what it's worth. I think they were stolen Sun. night. Weren't those boys racing on Sun? I thought I saw them at Bolton, anyways.

mfrdhracer

Chimp
Feb 19, 2005
Vermont
JRogers said:
Damn, that sucks. I'll keep an eye out, for what it's worth. I think they were stolen Sun. night. Weren't those boys racing on Sun? I thought I saw them at Bolton, anyways.
Your from middlebury?

mfrdhracer

Chimp
Feb 19, 2005
Vermont
JRogers said:
I go to school here (1 more year) at the college and right now I'm living in Middlebury working.
Get a hold of me if you ever wanna do some riding. i have some trails about 10 miles out of town that are great in the fall, but suck during the summer beceause bugs.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Repack said:
That really sucks. Word to the wise: tin snips are fully capable of doing the damage that Dave described.
You can cut through cables with regular Park Cable Cutters.......just cut a little at a time.......

....i did it when i lost my key at a race.....not a good choice for security....

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Cant Climb said:
You can cut through cables with regular Park Cable Cutters.......just cut a little at a time.......

....i did it when i lost my key at a race.....not a good choice for security....
I know. The tips wil dig in & cut through just about anything. Scary s***. I would do it to scare customers into buying a u-lock when they came in after having lost the keys/combo to their cable lock. I'll be buying a New Yorker before Mt Snow.