Quantcast

3 Paycheck Month

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
So if you got paid today then you might know that is month is 3 paycheck month.....

What a great month...... So anyone planning on wasting some of that extra check on something fun?

I'm thinking about some Avid Juicy's for my XC bike, and some new rotors / pads for my Rover.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
funny you should mention that... i was making a list of things i need....

Bottle stans sealant
gloves
knee pads
upper body armor
set of dh tires
DHX air - i wish..

I will probably also make a few extra payments on the bills.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
the DHX air is a Fox rear shock. I have a DHX coil on my 5-spot, but i'd love to loose a pound off my bike with the air version. After getting the tings i really need i wont be able to afford, but one can dream....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
3 paycheck month for me! Hmmm.. let's see... body armor? Fork for the hard tail? CK pink hubs?

I love three paycheck months!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
3 paycheck month? i have a paycheck from a few weeks ago that my boss owes me. i usually have to wait at least a week after im supposed to get my paycheck to actually get it since my boss always forgets about me.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
freakrock said:
why do u guys get 3 paychecks this month? :S
Its the way the calender works.

I get paid on thursday. So get a calender, and mark thurs of this week, now start skipping every other thursday marking that as a payday and see the pattern? I think there are 2 - 3 pay months a year. Usually its all spent already. I think the check in the middle of the month is my real free one... this one will go to my house pmt....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
reflux said:
True if you're salary, but it's different if you're hourly.
I was salary, but they just made my group hourly employees. oon the one hand we can now get overtime... on the other hand we can't take off from work early.

I used to work an average of a 6 - 7 hour day (unless we're on a special project). Now I actually have to work 8 hours!!!! :mumble:

I'm tellin ya... the MAN is keeping me down!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I got paid today but didnt get no 2nd pay check... :think:

And now i cant get my ****ing money out of my wells fargo savings account, becuase the check i deposited wont show up till midnight tonight, and they are closed. Now i have to call in to close out my account. :mumble:

So now its gunna take 2 weeks to get my money. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

WHY THE HELL ARENT FUNDS AVAILABLE??? THE CHECK I CHASHED IS A FREAKIN WELLS FARGO CHECK, I SHOULD HAVE THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT NOW! Agian, :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mack said:
I got paid today but didnt get no 2nd pay check... :think:

And now i cant get my ****ing money out of my wells fargo savings account, becuase the check i deposited wont show up till midnight tonight, and they are closed. Now i have to call in to close out my account. :mumble:

So now its gunna take 2 weeks to get my money. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

WHY THE HELL ARENT FUNDS AVAILABLE??? THE CHECK I CHASHED IS A FREAKIN WELLS FARGO CHECK, I SHOULD HAVE THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT NOW! Agian, :mumble:
Ummmmmm........ why didn't you just cash the check? :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
uhh. You guys need direct deposit.
LOL... I already have it. And yeah, it rocks... Mony is in there at midninght of payday, and checking account is free and overdraft and all that... it's pretty cool, but not as cool as an extra pay check.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
LOL... I already have it. And yeah, it rocks... Mony is in there at midninght of payday, and checking account is free and overdraft and all that... it's pretty cool, but not as cool as an extra pay check.
It's not EXTRA.

I would think that a Supreme Commander would know that.

More evidence to the contrary, Mr. Dick Tator.

BillT

Monkey
I've always budgeted for 2 paychecks a month because I was paid on the 1st and 15th at my last job which I was at for over 5 years. Since switching to my new job a year and half ago, my paychecks come every 2 weeks. I still do all my budgeting based on 2 checks a month so the two months each year (this month being one of them) I receive 3 checks so in effect, I do get an 'extra check'. This 'extra check' is going towards paying off a computer I bought a couple months ago and sending some cash to the Red Cross...my next 'extra check' month (about 6 months from now) will probably go towards a new frame to replace my old Bullit.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
bahh, my boss is the worst, he pays us basically "whenever it's convienent", in the beginning of the summer no one had gotten a check for over a month. He's finally writing us checks this weekend after 3 weeks of none, it gets pretty rediclous.

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
MancilG said:
So if you got paid today then you might know that is month is 3 paycheck month.....

What a great month...... So anyone planning on wasting some of that extra check on something fun?

I'm thinking about some Avid Juicy's for my XC bike, and some new rotors / pads for my Rover.

Be Brave..Donate it to Hurricane relief.. :monkey:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
:stupid:

Excellent suggestion. For everyone getting an *extra* check this month, donate it to the Salvation Army/Red Cross/etc. :thumb:
Julie's aunt has requested we donate for her birthday. We will be giving to the Red Cross. Seems pretty selfless to me. :thumb: