Quantcast

3 Reasons why Texas does not suck...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
can't speak for thunderhead, but victory (PA) and dogfish (DE) have nothing to do w/ TX.

here's a big reason why TX sucks. it produces stuff like this:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
can't speak for thunderhead, but victory (PA) and dogfish (DE) have nothing to do w/ TX.

here's a big reason why TX sucks. it produces stuff like this:
Hey dumbass, where do you live??? :D

President Bush was born on July 6, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut, and grew up in Midland and Houston, Texas.

He's not ours. :plthumbsdown:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Reason #4: Concrete median barriers... not just cable barriers...

About 10 miles west of Tyler Tx a full sized Chevy Silverado extra cab decided to spin sideways in the west bound lane. We were east bound in the fast lane doing 80 in the FJ Cruiser when I saw the truck start to spin sideways in the oncoming lane. The truck swerved into the concrete median barrier which managed to flip it upside down in my lane right in front of us. Didn't have anytime to do anything other than to apply the brakes and try to get over on the shoulder... glad for the FJ's vehicle stability control that's for damn sure! We managed to pass to miss the flipped truck which was skidding towards us by less than a foot... I dont know how really... just got damn lucky and it wasnt our time i suppose. The whole thing reminded me of one of those nasty NASCAR wecks where one driver manages to avoid the carnage by mere inches to emerge unscathed past the pile up. Anyhow... got stopped in the grassy shoulder got out, called 911 and ran to the pick up where the driver was crawling out... he said there was a woman with him... i didnt want to look inside but just had to do it any way (the truck landed on the passenger side roof when it flipped it was totally crushed on that side).. sure enough a young lady was in there... we were able to get her free of her safety belt and she crawled out of the wreckage. She had a small cut (more of a scratch) on her leg but was otherwise walking around in shock. Lucky for them and lucky for us... no one was seriously injured.

Wear your safety belts!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Pyramid, the maker of Thunderhead, is a PNW brewery. The Pyramid Alehouse across from Safeco is a great place to be go before and after Mariner's games.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
No, no, no.

OK, Hill Country, I'll give you that. Nothing like waterskiing on the Pedernales River early in the morning...

Other real reasons Texas rocks: Shiner Bock and Blue Bell ice cream.

/native Texan
//um... but got out as soon as I could
///loves Texas, but from a distance

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
well since we can not get Dogfish here in Louisiana (along with a lot of other beers) it has to come from Texas if you want some.
that's much more of a reason why louisiana sucks, not why texas doesn't.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
so that's how it is in your family!
My bro and family just moved down there. It has finally sunk in how bad it sucks and they figure having me move down there would add one more thing to the "why texas doesn't suck" list. I reckon just telling them about the Toninator should be good enough.