Quantcast

3 tire choices? fo my 26!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am putting my first DJ/Park rig together and am looking for some input on Tire selection... I will mostly be riding this at Ray's and some urban street riding during winter, and our local hard pack DJ's for summertime. Looking for a tire that would do it all!

the three I am thinking of are:
Kenda Kiniption
Kenda K-Rad
Maxxis Holy Roller

opinions are like @$$holes, everyone's got one, so lets here 'm

am I missing an obvious choice? I have to make up my mind soon because I have to place the order soon for them to be here in time for a Ray's trip this weekend...

Thanks for the input in advance...

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Currently on K-rads. I love them. Great tire for wood/cement at the park and good for DJ. Cheap and work very well.

A buddy of mine rides Holy Rollers. He has had them forever and show no signs of wear..

I have also ridden Schwalbe Table Tops. Great tire but too light for me. I need some weight on the tires to keep the gyroscopic feel. But that is just me. I will re-try them again as I love the weight. But IMO the K-rads are the best choice..

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I still think Halo Twin Rails are the best. They have a lower rolling resistance than all of those that you listed and they still hook up on the dirt. You'll be smokin' fools on that pump track!!

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Halo Twin Rails are definitely worth adding to your list.

The Schwalbe tires are good options, too.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Thanks a bunch for the input!

due to the availability of the K-rads (I can have them to the shop here in a day) and their price is great, I decided to go that route... my eyes are opened to the Halo's and schwallabe's though!

thanks for the input :thumb: the monkey rocks yet again! :monkeydance:

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
DMR motodigger is a nice nice tire.. Just started running one. And I have a kiniption rear. I love that combo. Kiniptions kickass for street... dirt, not so much. but its in the rear, it doesnt need much traction where I jump.. or try to jump i should say.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
DMR motodigger is a nice nice tire.. Just started running one. And I have a kiniption rear. I love that combo. Kiniptions kickass for street... dirt, not so much. but its in the rear, it doesnt need much traction where I jump.. or try to jump i should say.
ya, motodiggers are really nice tires. they look super knobby but they roll really fast on the street and don't loose traction at all. they also obviously do fantastic on the dirt. i run one up front right now and they impress me enough that i will buy more. i run the DMR trani in back which is the best 26" street tire i know of. who cares about tioga FS100's when you can get a hold of one of these way easier..