Quantcast

3 TRILLION dollar budget??

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Wait..you mean I can get $$ for my f'ed up feet and knees due to wearing flightdeck boots for 13 hours a day and my sore back from falling off a helicopter and for not being able to hear that well after 24 years of aviation maintenance??????

Wait..if they fixed my hearing, I'd have to listen to my wife.

There are scammers in all branches and well as SS, Disability, welfare and any other entitlement program.

Ahhh.I'm just jealous. I had to check no or n/a on all the annual flight physicals to keep flying and get flight pay. VA said last year after I retired that I can claim 0% since I never had any thing documented...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Ahhh.I'm just jealous. I had to check no or n/a on all the annual flight physicals to keep flying and get flight pay. VA said last year after I retired that I can claim 0% since I never had any thing documented...
your claim seems legit, and definitely approvable. make an appt w/ a va dr (call you regional va office), & get a physical. nothing is permanent, no matter what you signed.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
it was never ever as 'in your face' in the Navy... no one i knew ever applied unless they were seriously messed up. However, different story in the AF... it's routine
Yeah...right. All the Swabbies are so hardcore. All the monies come frm the same pool, and what makes the difference is how much you whine about whatever imagined malady has wrecked your life. Like how you are psychologically scarred by emlisting in a service where buggery is commonplace.

Bite me N8...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you'd think the AP has it in for dubya: " Bush budget would bring record deficits".

but a careful read a few paras down reveals the "record deficit":
Slumping revenues and the cost of an economic rescue package will combine to produce a huge jump in the deficit to $410 billion this year and $407 billion in 2009, the White House says, just shy of the record $413 billion set four years ago.
talk about your miserable fale-ures

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Bush's budget is balance by 2012 too.. something that's been ignored as well.
Did you even read the article?

Quotes:

Bush's overall request for defense spending in 2009 is $588.3 billion, compared with $670 billion this year. But it includes only $70 billion for initial war costs in Iraq and Afghanistan, $119 billion less than has been projected for this year. That $70 billion is almost certain to increase.

"There was an assumption that in the short term that the budget would start to correct and that we could balance in the short term," said Sen. Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, top Republican on the Budget Committee. "But with the stimulus package and with the continuing war costs, that's not going to happen. In fact it's going to get very serious when you're hitting $400 billion deficits."

Some of Bush's proposals are hopelessly unrealistic, such as cutting veterans' medical programs for four years in a row after awarding them a small increase next year. Their costs have nearly doubled during Bush's tenure.

You may be the second person I've heard of who can type, but cannot read.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
you'd think the AP has it in for dubya: " Bush budget would bring record deficits".

but a careful read a few paras down reveals the "record deficit":talk about your miserable fale-ures
In the interests of balance, surely you should also quote the next paragraph:

But even those figures are optimistic since they depend on rosy economic forecasts and leave out the full costs of the war in Iraq. The White House predicts the economy will grow at a 2.7 percent clip this year, far higher than congressional and private economists expect, and the administration's $70 billion figure for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan is simply a placeholder until the next president takes office.

So by any realistic project it is going to be far larger.

Hey, do you want to buy my bike? It will make you 50% faster than you could ever otherwise be, honest...

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
We can all claim that one shot in the arm would work better than the other, or that a shot in the arm will only enhance our problems (truly), the fact of the matter is; there is NO stimulus package out there that can make such a correction.

Mark My Words... this country will undergo the largest economical melt-down any country has ever faced.

You can not have a $14-19trill?? global debt, a $150bill a year war, and a steadily devaluing dollar... and just correct it with some more printed monopoly money.

Until this country realizes that we have to get re-involved in manufacturing of goods and components, we will always be on the decline.
Parents have to start influencing there kids into learning trades and hands on skills, but instead we teach them how to be a "great sales person".

Fvck sales... fvck over paid ceo's... and fvck out-sourcing!

No one wants to work hard in this country, and eventually there won't be much to work hard at.

Pyramids and Ponzi schemes, have NEVER prospered. This country will unfortunately follow suit.