Quantcast

3 TRILLION dollar budget??

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Are you kidding me?
Know what I would do if I had 3 trillion dollars? 2 chicks at the same time...

And he is cutting MediCare and MedicAid. I hope I dont catch anything...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Clinton.... surplus....Bush....deficit....Loopy....incredulous....N8....oblivious...there....can....be....only....one.....idiot....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
on thing that is for certain is that the US economy can grow and expand and rake in tax monies like no other in the world.

dont fret.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Hmmmm, 15% increase in military spending while cutting medical services to the poor and reducing the amount of $$ to help with heating costs. Is bush still trying to get "Scrooge of the year award"?

If it were up to me, I'd reduce all military spending by 90%, and just keep our large stockpile of nuclear weapons. Piss us off, and BOOM! Instead of a lengthy war in Iraq, a couple of targeted thermonuclear missile strikes and no more Saddam. Use the last 10% as bribes to get other people to do our fighting for us. Couple hundred million dollars in weapons for the Kurds and Shi'ites, couple of nukes for Baghdad, problem solved. Next!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
$600 to keep the yokels happy and buy votes.

"on thing that is for certain is that the US economy can grow and expand and rake in tax monies like no other in the world."

Government as a profit making proposition. Brilliant. The idea is to break almost even, and be fiscally responsible. Not mortage the national soul to China so that our childrens children are still cleaning up Shrubs mess.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
$600 to keep the yokels happy and buy votes.

"on thing that is for certain is that the US economy can grow and expand and rake in tax monies like no other in the world."

Government as a profit making proposition. Brilliant. The idea is to break almost even, and be fiscally responsible. Not mortage the national soul to China so that our childrens children are still cleaning up Shrubs mess.
you are sadly mistaken/misinformed about the $600 rebate and the rest of your statement is suspect as well

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you are sadly mistaken/misinformed about the $600 rebate and the rest of your statement is suspect as well
Are you saying the $600 WON'T stimulate the economy? OK, now I'm starting to think GWB doesn't know what he's doing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
happend twice before:

2001 & 1975 both times to soften a recession.

It is not a bribe for votes :rolleyes: but rather an economy kick-start based on some economic mumbo-jumbo.
There was no recession in 2001, there was positive economic growth. Never really was a threat of negative growth.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Okay, its not a bribe for votes...just very convenient timing. Go drink some more GOP Kool Aid N8...
How is $600 ea. going to kick start the economy? Get every household lead a hooker and some tequilia? I have an idea, how about the government lead by example and not spend our childrens futures on oil wars?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Am I reading this right?

Some of Bush's proposals are hopelessly unrealistic, such as cutting veterans' medical programs for four years in a row after awarding them a small increase next year. Their costs have nearly doubled during Bush's tenure.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hlkG9t2Z4m8UfIya6iQ3-TfTPhRwD8UJON580

What a piece of sh*t! Commit them to battle, and then pull the rug out from under them when they return home wounded.
How's that for "supporting the troops" ?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I feel sorry for the next poor sap who becomes POTUS...gonna have a helluva mess to clean up.

Who came up with the theory about it being a GOP plot...fvck sh#t up so bad the Dems will win one term, then be done forever when they cant pull the country out of its GOP induced tailspin, badda bing, badda boom, GOP rule forever...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Am I reading this right?

What a piece of sh*t! Commit them to battle, and then pull the rug out from under them when they return home wounded.
What 'programs' exactly are slated for cuts??

Cuz..

Department of Veterans Affairs
The Administration appreciates the Committee’s continued support of the Nation’s veterans, but
strongly believes that the President’s FY 2008 Budget for the Department of Veterans Affairs
(VA) and the recently enacted FY 2007 supplemental funding provide ample resources to ensure
that veterans, including those returning from current combat operations, receive the quality care
and services that they deserve. The President’s request for veterans is over 8 percent above last
year’s level and more than 76 percent above the level when he took office.

The President’s FY 2008 Budget meets the growing health care needs of the Nation’s veterans,
expands VA’s ability to provide mental health care and prosthetics, supports continued
restructuring of the medical care system to ensure that services are available where veterans live,
funds the construction of six new cemeteries, and strengthens the collaboration between VA and
the Department of Defense to better aid servicemembers as they transition out of the military.
The Administration is closely tracking the ongoing cost of providing for our veterans in the VA
medical care system, and FY 2007 appropriations are sufficient to meet these projected needs.
Congress augmented FY 2007 resources by including $1.8 billion for VA in the recently enacted
FY 2007 supplemental. As this additional funding came late in the year and is available until
expended, most of these resources will be available in FY 2008 to supplement the 8 percent
increase the Administration is seeking for the VA. The Administration believes that, when
combined with these supplemental resources, the requested level for FY 2008 is more than
sufficient to address all needs within the VA system.

The bill is $3.8 billion more than the President’s request and represents an 18.5 percent increase
over the FY 2007 discretionary budget that Congress enacted for VA before the supplemental.
The Administration agrees with Congress on the critical importance of providing needed care to
the Nation’s veterans and looks forward to working together on an appropriate funding level
within the total $933 billion discretionary topline for FY 2008.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
And how long was this suspended? Since before the end of FY 07 (LAST OCTOBER!) which is why we (Service members) are getting retroactive pay starting next month for our huge 3.5 % pay raise that Shrub DIDNT WANT US TO HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
And how long was this suspended? Since before the end of FY 07 (LAST OCTOBER!) which is why we (Service members) are getting retroactive pay starting next month for our huge 3.5 % pay raise that Shrub DIDNT WANT US TO HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE...
welcome to every year... Continuing resolution fund the gov/military for months past the Oct 1 new fiscal year start...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
C'mon, this will be the first time in 18 years of service that I have experienced a retro active pay raise.
(That I can remember. A few years are kind of fuzzy. Too much Soju, Bitburger or desert sand to clog the memory. Also, the wife keeps track of me money now, something about feeding kids or something...)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Am I reading this right?

recall that we too are vets. and check this out: b/c i got a hernia operation & my knee scoped while on active duty, i can apply for partial disability payments for the rest of my life. on the order of 10-20% disability won't make the house payments, but is more than bush's stimulus package, and for the rest of my life.

these 'partially debilitating injuries' happened in the normal course of life, not from being in the combat zone, or training for combat. that's one part of the program that should be cut.

next time you see someone w/ a disabled vet tag (where available), ask them what their disability is. if it's legit, they'll get that 1000 yd stare & go into a well-rehearsed & slightly embellished tale of woe. if they're like me, they'll start citing HIPAA & privacy laws and question your patriotism.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
recall that we too are vets. and check this out: b/c i got a hernia operation & my knee scoped while on active duty, i can apply for partial disability payments for the rest of my life. on the order of 10-20% disability won't make the house payments, but is more than bush's stimulus package, and for the rest of my life.

these 'partially debilitating injuries' happened in the normal course of life, not from being in the combat zone, or training for combat. that's one part of the program that should be cut.

next time you see someone w/ a disabled vet tag (where available), ask them what their disability is. if it's legit, they'll get that 1000 yd stare & go into a well-rehearsed & slightly embellished tale of woe. if they're like me, they'll start citing HIPAA & privacy laws and question your patriotism.
I have to say that the guys I know who retire out of the Air Force are freekin' experts are claiming disabilies. They know exactly what to get on their record and what to say at when at their outprocessing interview.

Every one of them gets at least 20% and I have seen a lot more going to prefectly healthy people.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
N8, you of all people should know that there are scammers in all branches of service. To point the finger at AF retirees is just ignant...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
N8, you of all people should know that there are scammers in all branches of service. To point the finger at AF retirees is just ignant...
it was never ever as 'in your face' in the Navy... no one i knew ever applied unless they were seriously messed up. However, different story in the AF... it's routine

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
another anecdote: friend of mine did one hitch & couldn't stand the dormrats, so he wore headphones & drowned out the sounds of life around.

guess who's paying for his 20% disability for hearing loss due to his own negligence?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
another anecdote: friend of mine did one hitch & couldn't stand the dormrats, so he wore headphones & drowned out the sounds of life around.

guess who's paying for his 20% disability for hearing loss due to his own negligence?
i just knew that 80's metal would f*&k you up!!!

On the flip side; my exwife was a Navy Air Traffic Controller and she had hearing loss from wearing her ear piece during her enlistment but was denied disability when she went to get out.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN

Heard that women vets, during outprocessing, simply get to check a yes/no box that asks "were you sexually assaulted/harassed at any time during your service?" And if they check yes, they automatically get 15% disability for the rest of their days, with no investigation or inquiry into their "claim."

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Heard that women vets, during outprocessing, simply get to check a yes/no box that asks "were you sexually assaulted/harassed at any time during your service?" And if they check yes, they automatically get 15% disability for the rest of their days, with no investigation or inquiry into their "clam."

:disgust1:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
it was never ever as 'in your face' in the Navy... no one i knew ever applied unless they were seriously messed up. However, different story in the AF... it's routine
Well big surprise there. I once stayed in an all-forces barracks, supposedly the AF guys recieved extra pay as a "low standard of living" compensation, where as for us, well, better than a squad bay.