Quantcast

@@@ 3@@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I knew the espresso was going to be strong when it was barely dribbling out of the machine this morning. Tamped it down a bit to tight. not that I'm complaining about the result mind you. I just have the feeling that I'm going to be bouncing off the walls.

Ruth went to the mountain winery with her sister last night to go see Train, Me I took the opportunity to sack out early in a quiet house WIN

Supposed to be the last day in the 100s for a while...YAY

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Wifes birthday today. I have organized a surprise party for this afternoon. At work just long enough for the girls to go to school, then back to the house for a shit load of cooking. The kid sure has done a heck of a job helping me organize and pull this off. She's a good one, think I'll keep her.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 'Nother day, 'nother early run. One hour on the track. Doing my best to run myself into the ground, but my body seems to be holding up just fine (301 miles the last 30 days).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I knew the espresso was going to be strong when it was barely dribbling out of the machine this morning. Tamped it down a bit to tight. not that I'm complaining about the result mind you. I just have the feeling that I'm going to be bouncing off the walls.
unlikely. overtamping just restricts the flow when you pull the shot, and it takes longer to pull a full shot.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Sleeping baby on me, sleeping wifey in the bed. My parents came to meet the little one yesterday and my mom didn't wanna put her down. She's been waiting too long for this moment.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work and just feel "blah" and numb about everything. :s

Its our group ride night tonight, but even that I feel blah about. Will just go home and take the gravel bike out for a short spin, if I have the energy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
At least now you can buy one that can connect to the internet, so then it can hold your beer for ransom when it gets hacked.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thanks to the rona....sister in law is getting a she shed office in the backyard of their house...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

What kind of fridge? Good chance it has a simple and cheap thermal overload switch in it somewhere that may kill power to everything. It may even have a reset button. You can often find electrical drawings online.

Of course it may have tripped because your compressor shit the bed but it is worth looking into in case it is something simple. I had something similar happen to one that was a simply a just a $3 starting capacitor.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
What kind of fridge? Good chance it has a simple and cheap thermal overload switch in it somewhere that may kill power to everything. It may even have a reset button. You can often find electrical drawings online.

Of course it may have tripped because your compressor shit the bed but it is worth looking into in case it is something simple. I had something similar happen to one that was a simply a just a $3 starting capacitor.
It's a Frigidaire Gallery, model LGHN2844MF1.

I hope it ain't the compressor. :dead:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys. 2 rides yesterday, was only planning on the one to adjust my fork after adding a token. I rode hard to see if it would still bottom out and it did not. Back at the car park the former owner of my LBS pulled in as I was leaving. he convinced me to hang around for a group ride so I did. Ended up only being 4 total riders, they strava'd but I did not. A little shy of 17 miles. Much tired today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey's work is at the overload point. I might take 1-2 days off over the next week or two to do house work to finish projects. Confirmed taking Haley to WP on Sept 24th to do stupid things on her bike. That's the best I've got.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's a Frigidaire Gallery, model LGHN2844MF1.

I hope it ain't the compressor. :dead:
From a quick scan it looks like everything runs through a main circuit board. My guess is that if nothing is working that board shit the bed, You may see if there is a fuse on it but probably not. I assume there is nothing on the diagnostic display? If it was just the compressor it would probably give you an alarm code.

1631127555356.png

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
update on yesterdays poo incident. turns out it was not the cat we thought, but our older cat. he's been throwing up (but not hairballs) more than usual. this does not bode well for him. thankfully he was already going to the vet tomorrow. he has gained a fair amount of weight since the new kittens joined us, and has been helping himself to their food. i suspect that may be a factor.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
2 for 2 on lunch rides this work week.
interesting. i'm 2/2 for lunch beers this week, myself.

got woken up by crazy thunder around 5:30 this am. couldn't get back to sleep. kind of dragging.

figuring a plan so that i can show @rideit teh goods in the other pisgah tomorrow afternoon before sending him on his way to brevard. i think no matter what we do, it will be his new truck's first shuttle run.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
interesting. i'm 2/2 for lunch beers this week, myself.

got woken up by crazy thunder around 5:30 this am. couldn't get back to sleep. kind of dragging.

figuring a plan so that i can show @rideit teh goods in the other pisgah tomorrow afternoon before sending him on his way to brevard. i think no matter what we do, it will be his new truck's first shuttle run.
fill the back of the truck with beer cans

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
From a quick scan it looks like everything runs through a main circuit board. My guess is that if nothing is working that board shit the bed, You may see if there is a fuse on it but probably not. I assume there is nothing on the diagnostic display? If it was just the compressor it would probably give you an alarm code.

View attachment 164568

Yeah - and the circuit board was the part they replaced back in July to fix a defrost issue... there's no power to *anything* - no interior lights, no display panel power... no nuthin'. I suspect your hunch is correct that the circuit board just completely shit the bed. Which is irritating... being that it's new.

Ah, well - so it goes.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Friday for me today. Moved 2 days of vacation a while ago to Thur-Fri this week. Could not have known that this will be in a period of time where summer returned to DK. :banana:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Anybody remember how much oil you're supposed to put into the old Z1 Bomber's? 55mm from top, with the fork compressed sounds familiar, but I can't remember.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anybody remember how much oil you're supposed to put into the old Z1 Bomber's? 55mm from top, with the fork compressed sounds familiar, but I can't remember.

google says 45 or 50 depending on the exact model

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
can show @rideit teh goods in the other pisgah tomorrow afternoon before sending him on his way to brevard. i think no matter what we do, it will be his new truck's first shuttle run.
Jelly
Yeah - and the circuit board was the part they replaced back in July to fix a defrost issue... there's no power to *anything* - no interior lights, no display panel power... no nuthin'. I suspect your hunch is correct that the circuit board just completely shit the bed. Which is irritating... being that it's new.

Ah, well - so it goes.
The work under warranty?

We had to get something repaired on our FF last year and it shit the bed a month later so they had to fix it again.