Quantcast

30 to 50 foot flipwhip? the kagy!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i can't figure out how to link to it, but go to www.dcshoes.com and roll over "video" in the menu, go down to the "videos" right above podcast. choose bmx and then watch the kagy at the mega-ramp in mexico in the "footage" section...holy cowmungas! his roll-in ramp looks like the stuff they'd skid down in kranked I

i don't have audio on my computer so if they say how far it is, i'd love to know...ludicrous speed!

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
That was somewhat large.

Mad props for bringing up kranked 1. Those were the days before anyone had popped a BMX video in their VCR and realized that they were not gnar.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
dude that maga ramp vid is so sick! it did come to mind watching th x-games last year that it would be fun to hit that.......the small one, but thats still pretty damn huge!

ya that go-cart/ramp vid, they need to build a table top jump around a car!

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
That looks like the same ramp Danny Way used to gap The Great Wall of China last year. Although this gap looks smaller. Still huge.

edit: oh, I listened to the sound, they don't say how big of a gap it is.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
yeah, the quarterpipe airs were so crazy!

as for the go-cart jump...that's colin winkelmann (RIP) - he and nate wessel took the idea and moved it onto a big van, but the first attempt was awful. colin went too fast, the van went too fast and colin go severely hurt...it's in a few vids and is not fun to watch.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Retarded.

I just saw that on a forum I frequent, it blew my mind.

Stoked for Chagy, he's really come back well from breaking his neck.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i am looking at it now...that is so ****ing big i never thought they could do that on a bmx and take that landing...those tailwhip backflips were rediclous..straight out of a video game, seriously..and the reasn you can't link is because the whole site is in flash web design format..which means..everybutton redirects to a movie..and you can't change to a different section of a movie..give me a minute i might be able to hotlink it

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
yea that is sick, why dont they have that in the x games? and pastrana is killing it in WRC, its good to see DC putting him up on there