Quantcast

$3000 for a seat that you can't sit in.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Sucks that you won't get to see the game that you came to see, but why the hell would you pay $3000 for a hard plastic seat to see a game???

The league is offering that guy $9000 as a refund and he is going to bitch about traveling expenses?

Others said they had paid up to $3,000 for their seats and were not happy about the NFL’s offer to give them three times the amount in a refund.

“What about our travel and hotel expenses,” one man shouted.
ARLINGTON, Texas – Angry fans outside a Cowboys Stadium fence chanted “Let us in,” “Jerry sucks,” and “We want seats” while being denied inside access for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday.

The ticketed fans, estimated between 200-400, were denied entry inside the stadium because temporary seating sections to be installed for the game had not been completed. In the meantime, the NFL has moved the fans to the Party Plaza area – the stadium’s standing room only section.

Denied fans stand outside of a fence at Cowboys Stadium.
(Courtesy of Y! Dallas)

For fans who don’t eventually get granted seats, the league will issue refunds “triple the cost of the face value of their ticket.”

Ron Soncini, a Steelers fan from Reno, Nev., wasn’t happy with the NFL’s offer.

“The game is what I came here to see, not to be rejected,” he said about 90 minutes before kickoff. “I don’t understand this. This is ridiculous.”

While the league didn’t explain the nature of the delay in its release, fan Amanda Saldana of San Antonio says they were told that “stuff was blocking our seats.”

Many of the rejected fans said they were skeptical of the unofficial refund letter given to them at the gate. They also were opposed to watching the game in a hospitality area.

Phil McCollough of Orlando, Fla., thought he would be attending his 13th Super Bowl. He paid $1,700 for his ticket. “I could have been home playing with my grandchildren instead of this.”

Others said they had paid up to $3,000 for their seats and were not happy about the NFL’s offer to give them three times the amount in a refund.

“What about our travel and hotel expenses,” one man shouted.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
The NFL is offering 3x the face value of the ticket. I somehow doubt that the seats in the temporary section were $3000. The guy is probably going to be out some money still. But I could be wrong.

Also, this stadium has had FOREVER to prepare for this. They find out the night of the game that the seats don't work? WTF!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Sounds like the airline industry.
exactly.

i would be pretty damn pissed too. they quickly showed the people outside huddling around the 8 heat lamps they had. i feel sorry for them since they probably paid a lot for those tickets.

why they didnt have the seats ready is ridiculous.
their main section's seat mounts were designed around having the super bowl there. they could slide the seats closer together to fit more people in a row for bigger events.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
exactly.

i would be pretty damn pissed too. they quickly showed the people outside huddling around the 8 heat lamps they had. i feel sorry for them since they probably paid a lot for those tickets.

why they didnt have the seats ready is ridiculous.
their main section's seat mounts were designed around having the super bowl there. they could slide the seats closer together to fit more people in a row for bigger events.
That wasn't them. That was the section that you could pay $200 to watch the game outside the stadium on a big screen.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That wasn't them. That was the section that you could pay $200 to watch the game outside the stadium on a big screen.
ouch. im guessing the people who got screwed outta their seats didnt get heaters then too.
$200 to watch the game outside. sweet