Quantcast

31.8 Bars w/ more than 2" of rise?

Dethklok

Monkey
Jul 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
So as the title states, Im having trouble finding a set of 31.8 handlebars that have more than 2" of rise.

Ideally Im looking for a handle bar with 31.8 diameter, 2.5"-3" rise, 0-6 degree backsweep, 0-6 degree upsweep, with a raw or polished finish, with a narrower bend area.

Ok dokay so now that everyone knows Im open to options because that handle bar doesnt exist lol

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
i think...
titec el norte - 2.25" rise
azonic ultracross - 2.5"
azonic world force - 3"

no idea on the sweeps...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i remember seeing some of the slopestlye riders using 2.5-3" rise bars, but never anyone else really.....10 years ago maybe

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
if u look at greg minnaar's stacked, shimmed, high clamped cockpit, makes one wonder if a more elegant solution wouldn't a higher rise bar. Since boobar only goes to 30mm, that probably explains the shims and super stack. Not everyone swoons at the thought of a flatter bar. Should be rider and course dependant, not falling victim to fashion.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
if u look at greg minnaar's stacked, shimmed, high clamped cockpit, makes one wonder if a more elegant solution wouldn't a higher rise bar. Since boobar only goes to 30mm, that probably explains the shims and super stack. Not everyone swoons at the thought of a flatter bar. Should be rider and course dependant, not falling victim to fashion.
Yeah but lower bar + shims gives you more adjustability than a high bar and no shims. Im pretty sure for flatter tracks they want the bars lower

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
dont disagree norbar, just saying flatter bars aint a panacea.
I ride flats, I know something about it ;) Ive been lowering my cockpit consistently for the last 2 years as many of the local tracks are flattish but when I was doing that they went a bit steeper and I went a bit abroad ;)
Thinking of 20mm risers now (though im really tempted to try some flats with over 9deg of backsweep).

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
i went flat and wide as well, but since hitting the steeper stuff, i've wanted something with more rise, so going with the 30mm rise Boobar. In my instance, the HA on my frame is not very slack to begin with, so going for a pseudo-slackness ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i went flat and wide as well, but since hitting the steeper stuff, i've wanted something with more rise, so going with the 30mm rise Boobar. In my instance, the HA on my frame is not very slack to begin with, so going for a pseudo-slackness ;)
Personally I liked my bars as low as possible with steepr ha due to the fact that it meant a higher cockpit anyway (though that was also with a higher fork). Though we should stop taking this off the topic.

As for high rise 31.8 bars - spank makes them up to 50 or 70mm I think.

Dethklok

Monkey
Jul 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Ok I wont lie its not going on a DH bike of anysort, but this was the most busy sub-forum so I figured post it here haha thanks for the suggestions guys