Quantcast

32 holed hub on 36 holed rim....

pillete

Monkey
Mar 25, 2005
I am pretty sure that you can't do it.
you can lace a 32 holes rim to a 36 hole hub, but not the way around.

Oct 14, 2007
who needs spokes. i use duct tape.
funny story...I took an intense phys ed. class [bike touring] as a complementary...and my teacher was giving a bike seminar on quick fixes in case we get stranded on the road...he told us basically that in the event we break a spoke, we should duck tape it to retain its strength and to be able to continue riding....WOW :clapping:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
chill y'all, its easier than you think. it definitely won't create as strong of a wheel, but you just need to leave out gaps for 4 spokes:
-drive side leading
-drive side trailing
-non-drive side leading
-non-drive side trailing

that is, providing you're doing a standard 3/4 cross lacing. try to space them as evenly as possibly. but good luck calculating your spoke length.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
here come the weight weenies buying 36 hole hubs (more holes) and 32 hole rims, or vise versa (36 hole rim w/ 32 hole hub)

Oct 14, 2007
chill y'all, its easier than you think. it definitely won't create as strong of a wheel, but you just need to leave out gaps for 4 spokes:
-drive side leading
-drive side trailing
-non-drive side leading
-non-drive side trailing

that is, providing you're doing a standard 3/4 cross lacing. try to space them as evenly as possibly. but good luck calculating your spoke length.
you would just calculate it by assuming the rim is 32 holed...but then again the cross will be different...actually longer...so youd most likely have to add 2mm per spokes

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
your looking about 3-4 mm added per spoke over a 3x length, it sucks, its flexy and doesnt hold up, looks kinda cool but thats about it, also its a little bit of a pain to get it laced without screwing up, but its doable, and no bike shop will do it for you, unless you know someone personally who will do it for a twelve pack or so.