Quantcast

32mm Boxxer Solo Air Rebuild Kit

infamous24

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
I'm looking for a Solo air rebuild kit for my 2009 32mm Boxxer WC but it looks like I have to buy the entire rebuild kit. I have an Avy cartridge so I'd basically be wasting half the kit. Does anyone that rebuilt their team/race still have the Solo Air parts? I'm willing to buy them if you do, PM me or post here.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The only things that would go on the motion control cartridge would be a few o-rings and maybe a rebound piston glide ring. If the kit comes with stanchion seals / wipers then you can use them anyway.

If money is the issue, you can just get the solo air o-rings matched at a good seal shop and the whole ordeal will only cost you a few dollars.

In my experience the only seal that fails is the small o-ring under the solo air piston. It gets squished rather than sliding, and is thus prone to failure. But YMMV, and in any case the whole lot of o-rings would cost you <$10. Just make sure they are correctly matched.

infamous24

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Udi- My fork seems to be leaking air pressure into the lower leg, and I have to loosen the foot bolt to bleed off the air every couple weeks. I'm guessing replacing the o- rings would resolve this, but what is your opinion?

infamous24

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Udi- My fork seems to be leaking air pressure into the lower leg, and I have to loosen the foot bolt to bleed off the air every couple weeks. I'm guessing replacing the o- rings would resolve this, but what is your opinion?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
In that case replace all solo air o-rings.

There is one inside the seal head (that the air shaft slides in) and one outside it I believe. Just pull out all the ones you can find and match/replace them. Sounds like they might be the culprits.

infamous24

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Found a place to get all the o- rings, but I pulled apart the fork today and found that the small spring washer at the top of the solo air assembly (directly beneath the circlip and on top of the main piston) was broken! Does anyone know where I can buy these spring washers?

EDIT: I found them on Mcmaster- Carr, but since mine is broken I cannot get the dimensions of it. Does anyone know the dimensions of this part?

Last edited:

infamous24

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
I just got the o- rings sized and I thought I would post it since it will probably help someone else down the line. The main positive and negative piston o- rings are -117 and the small one inside the negative piston is a 10mm. Hope this helps.