Quantcast

33 Three bots, thirty three posts 33

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should encourage him moving to 27.5". The longer he's on 26", the more parts that will get broken, and the less that will be available for the rest of us who still have 26" bikes.
i've got enough of a stockpile of rims and tires to ride things out while i wait for the lawsuit to settle.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had a headache since last night and am feeling a bit clammy. Took my temp and it was in the normal range for average humans but one degree higher than my normal 96.8. Took a couple Tylenol extra strength and will crash out momentarily. Could be the flu, Lyme Disease or Covid. I are scared.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not all of us are built like Gumby and ride like a little bitch:p
definitely not built like gumby. still tipping the scales at 210.

then again i've at least got my bikes built for how i ride and what i ride. i'd have no qualms taking my megatrail on DH trails, but if I was going somewhere with a lift, i'd just take my DH bike.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
definitely not built like gumby. still tipping the scales at 210.

then again i've at least got my bikes built for how i ride and what i ride. i'd have no qualms taking my megatrail on DH trails, but if I was going somewhere with a lift, i'd just take my DH bike.
Hence me building up a new bike, numbnuts....I haven't had a freeride/dh bike since 2010ish

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to get my oil changed today, and asked them to check wheel alignment too because there's been a lot of noise coming from the tires. The garage had a look and said was the two front bearings that were bad. This makes sense to me, it's a 2013 CX-5. But now I'm staring at a $1,300 (Cndn) job. boooo. going to have another garage take a look and give me a second opinion on Thursday.
Definitely get that double checked. That cost is probably just labour, or it should be. It looks like a quality bearing and hub for the front of your car is about $100-150 each. I don't see bare bearings listed on rockauto ((link here) so maybe its just standard to replace the whole hub and bearing (hub itself would probably be only $50).

So $300 for the bearing/hub assembly and maybe $60 for two new sway bar links (they are probably rusted on there good :D ). Rest is labour. But if they are not pressing out the bearing and dealing with that mumbo jumbo, the labour itself should be a tiny bit less.

You can usually tell if its a bearing by listening to the noise as you go around a corner. It'll get louder the harder you turn. If only one is bad, its usually the one opposite the direction you are turning.

Or if they are really bad, do a bunch of driving and turning and then check if they are glowing with a thermal camera gun. :nerd:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a headache since last night and am feeling a bit clammy. Took my temp and it was in the normal range for average humans but one degree higher than my normal 96.8. Took a couple Tylenol extra strength and will crash out momentarily. Could be the flu, Lyme Disease or Covid. I are scared.
Or bad mexican food?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wonder how many other people on bike forums will give you crap for building a new bike?

jonkranked is the Al Bundy of RM, where everything was the best when he was young.
I'm busting his balls as he has previously - and recently - stated that he intended to ride what he had into the ground. Also he just had his second kid.

I'm only riding the old shit i already have while I wait out the lawsuit settlement. I'd rather ride my old stuff than nothing at all.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm busting his balls as he has previously - and recently - stated that he intended to ride what he had into the ground. Also he just had his second kid.

I'm only riding the old shit i already have while I wait out the lawsuit settlement. I'd rather ride my old stuff than nothing at all.
Assuming once the lawsuit is settled, it's gonna be new bike day?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

I am doing what I said... I won't build an XC or trail bike anytime soon, so long as both my existing bikes stay alive.

What I don't have is a strong, longer travel bike to ride some of the bigger stuff and go back to highland and thunder mountain again. And building something up in 26" would be ridiculous these days, despite it making you happy. Which is also a top priority for me, I assure you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am doing what I said... I won't build an XC or trail bike anytime soon, so long as both my existing bikes stay alive.
1603140654024.png

What I don't have is a strong, longer travel bike to ride some of the bigger stuff and go back to highland and thunder mountain again. And building something up in 26" would be ridiculous these days, despite it making you happy. Which is also a top priority for me, I assure you.
ridiculous yes, ridiculously cheap. i've given up on wheel size, the lizards have won. only reason i'm still on 26" is because its cheap, i have a good stockpile of it, and did i mention its cheap? and did i mention my wife lost her job as the result of a car accident so we're getting by on just my income?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Entertainment value of this thread has been subpar

I would like my money back pls

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hah.....I'll let @Adventurous speak to that.

At 240lbs and starting to ride big shit again....a carbon all mtn hardtail and a 140mm 5spot with carbon steerer fork aren't going to hold up. I'd rather not break my 15th frame testing that theory and lose out on perfectly good bikes.
Well, at 260# the Yeti held up just fine. Just saying...