Quantcast

35mm Bars for Road?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm a road newb and I need a new stem. 100mm is too short and 120 is too long. There are some great deals on carbon bars out there, and my current bars don't have ports for cables, so they're kind of uncomfortable under my hands.

I've been pretty interested in the deda 35mm setup as it should limit the flex I feel in virtually all of the road bars I've tried. I was scared of the first set of road bars I ever had, some ultralight alloy jobbers. 35mm carbon jams should solve that.

Any input? I can get easton carbon slx90 and a generic stem for roughly the same price as deda carbon 35s.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
the Deda's could solve your problem. the eastons might be flexy like your current bars are. when I had my Wojcik roadie I switched over to an Alpha Q fork and went threadless. before that I had a steel fork Ted built for the frame with a 3TTT bars and quill stem. I went with a Deda setup and it was real flexy. my older setup was a lot more stable. if you can check out those eastons out first in person, I'd check the flex on them first.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i ended up going for it. It came out to be like 165 with a new stem (which I wanted) and the carbon bars (upgraditis). The bars are certainly more comfortable, and flex is reduced but not as dramatically as I would have imagined. They are super light tho, and the internal routing is very clean.