Quantcast

36 hole 3/8" rear hub

Pat

Chimp
Mar 2, 2002
Anyone know of a decently priced (under 150$ canadian) 36 hole, 3/8" axle rear hub? Doesn't matter if its cassette or freewheel.
Pat

Pat

Chimp
Mar 2, 2002
I'd be using them for street (no pegs though). According to danscomp.com there those are 48 hole, while I'm looking for 36 hole

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
crap. they are 48's. I should learn to read.....

I know that suzue used to make 36's as they were making hubs way before 48's were available. but I don't know if they sell them anymore.

I would ask some racers. I don't know any so your on your own with that. most of the hubs sold at the mailorder places are super duper sturdy but SOMEONE makes 36's. just keep looking. or call one of the mailorder places.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Primo's Pro rear hub is available in 36 and 3/8" axle. For that matter, they make a lightweight short-flange model that meets those needs as well.

The pro hub only allows 16T freewheels, and the short flange model requires 14T.

I reccommend that you go to empirebmx.com and look for them there.

Assuming that the Canadian dollar is worth more than 50 cents American these days, they both meet your needs afaik.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'm running a 3/8th 36 hole specialized hub on my P.1 It's singlespeed cassette specific, and sealed. I'm not sure they sell them aftermarket but give them a call. It's preety sweet, too.

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
Originally posted by HRDTLBRO
I'm running a 3/8th 36 hole specialized hub on my P.1 It's singlespeed cassette specific, and sealed. I'm not sure they sell them aftermarket but give them a call. It's preety sweet, too.
Thats a mountain bike hub. He was looking for a BMX hub I think. They use completely different spacing.