Quantcast

360's

C

CQB

How would you practice to try 360's ?
Maybe try 180's first to an uphill lander/stall.
A foam pit would be nice.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
It's been hard for me to break thru 3's. I can pull off fatty 180's. It'll just take some more time I figure. practice, practice, practice...

C

CQB

I heard it's one of the hardest tricks cause the gyroscopic forces of the wheels.? But i like the idea of not taking my hands or feet off the bike...!

Well-no need in talking about it any further..Gotta go practice..
thanks..

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Find a big steep table top where you can land on the deck. Thats how I learned them, it was about a 16 foot long table, and I'd just try over and over again at a comfortable speed and land on the top of the table. The trick is to really use the lip a lot and get your bars/shoulders/head turned into it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Lead with your head and shoulders. I learned them out of a recessed concrete cigar/bowl onto flat. Sound like most people here did the same . They're actually pretty easy once you ge the hang of the spin.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yup, basically i learned how to 360 on a dirt lip that flew out onto a flat surface that was level with the lip. First i tried to just turn at the lip, then 180 to the top. After i had that down, it was all up to turning my head into the 360 looking for the landing. If i didnt turn my head i'd just hit a 180 or so and chunk it

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
How much of the turning comes from the takeoff? I've been working on getting past 180 and I usually put a bit of turn in at the lip. Not enough to change where I'll be landing, but you know. . .

This no suspension thing is strange though. I used to ride BMX, but I completely forgot how to land soft for these things. i think I had to true me wheels each time I've spent some time at the skatepark trying this gig.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yo, personally I have no problems doing mad flyout 360s to the deck on pretty much any skatepark quarter.

Trouble is, flyout anythings are lame. How much of a step is it to take the 3 to a proper box-jump or something?

I reckon I just haven't found the right jump yet, but when I do it's game on.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i learned on a short, popy hip. wrecked a lot but eventualy i got it. now i've moved up to doing them on to tables. have yet to do them over a double...
learn 180's perfectly first. find a bank beside a quater-pipe and alley-oop yer *** off. then start over rotating, then build a short hip/table with about a 45* offset landing, then a table. natural safe progression.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
when i want to learn b-flips i'm taking an old frame and going on my nwe trampoline!!

just go on a trampoline, or go to woodward for a week in the summer and take advantage of the foam pits, resi's and everything else..
campwoodward.com

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Yo, personally I have no problems doing mad flyout 360s to the deck on pretty much any skatepark quarter.

Trouble is, flyout anythings are lame. How much of a step is it to take the 3 to a proper box-jump or something?

I reckon I just haven't found the right jump yet, but when I do it's game on.
I learned 3's on this big table. One day my friend was taking pics of me doing them and I was 1 foot off the fround. That looked stupid, so I kept going faster and faster, and ended up with this:

not quite there but pretty close

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Thanks, that was the scaryies thing I have ever (intentionally) done on a bicycle. Riding at a jump that big (even a table) with that much speed and saying to yourself "allright self, as soon as you leave the ground start spinning" is absolutely horrifying.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
hmmm... an alley-oop on a quarter is all kinds of different. You have to pop back off the ramp.

spacemanspiff06 said:
i learned on a short, popy hip. wrecked a lot but eventualy i got it. now i've moved up to doing them on to tables. have yet to do them over a double...
learn 180's perfectly first. find a bank beside a quater-pipe and alley-oop yer *** off. then start over rotating, then build a short hip/table with about a 45* offset landing, then a table. natural safe progression.

C

CQB

Yeah, i'll try to do 180's first to a table or something....

Here is my just built today newest ride...I can lock the fork down to 110mm if i want..
Only needs grips..
Haro Werks DSR frame in medium.
Wodman hub-Sun mtx
Marzocchi hub-Singletrack
HayesNine- 8" brakes
Azonic DW bars
Roach TT pad--Cobra 8mm seat--Salsa post--Azonic clamp
XTR derailer--LX pod--FSA cranks --MRP 42t..

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
dexter said:
chomps its not that hard. just take more speed into the jump than you normally would and spin and spot your landing
Man. I found the perfect jump to learn. It's basically a good steep 5 foot lip with a pile of soft dirt to land on. I was all riled up do do some crashing today and it dumped rain all night. :mumble:

C

CQB

Is it friggin hot there in Austrailia now..?
It' was 98* here today....

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
hmmm... an alley-oop on a quarter is all kinds of different. You have to pop back off the ramp.
gives you the feel for the rotation tho. teaches you how to wind up, lead with your head, all that good stuff.
oh and pack in your landing. if you come up short on the rotation on soft dirt you get slamed! worse then bailing on hard dirt, trust me i got put out for a while because of that. same as chatching an edge on a snowboard, your wheels stop and all your forward momentum drives you into the ground, plus your so disorented for spining you can't think to bail right. not fun.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i forgot his name, but the dude that rides red bull rampage with a f/s pulls 360s like they ar enothing..he turns the wheel and nose endos it first, like skateboarding and a "nollie" not an "ollie" he whips the tail out its amazing

C

CQB

Darrin Berrencloth i think his name is...
aka ."Bearclaw" ?? NO doubt,he's sick.Some vid he does a 360 to the left & then next jump right after a 360 to the right.It looked sooo smooth !