Quantcast

37t ring on 36t Supercharger

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There's a ton of room on my 36t + 36t Supercharger. My guess is you could get a 38+ tooth ring in there without any trouble.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There's a ton of room on my 36t + 36t Supercharger. My guess is you could get a 38+ tooth ring in there without any trouble.

Not sure if I want to go that big or not. I just know that the 34t I have on there isn't big enough. Need moar speed.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh, and if it matters, it's an older one, old enough to be Evil branded.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
I remember reading somewhere that this works. True?
:busted:
:wave:

The extra material is required due to the impact flexure design as well as for material displacement should the bash ring contact an object hard enough. Using a larger ring will compromise the turbochargers ability to adequately protect your ring and chain.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
:busted:
:wave:

The extra material is required due to the impact flexure design as well as for material displacement should the bash ring contact an object hard enough. Using a larger ring will compromise the turbochargers ability to adequately protect your ring and chain.
The Supercharger and our original LG1 taco should be fine with a 37T max however. I personally would err on the side of more protection...

Cheers,
philip @ the Hive/e*thirteen