Quantcast

38 Sunday

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Snacks said:
Okay, but there has never been a sign on 38 saying biking were allowed and the DNR has know about the riding up there for years.

Oh, VG you deleted your post.
Hehe...yea, I did delete it. I reconsidered joining this mongolian goat rodeo of a thread....but now that I've been called out on it :p

Individuals have been arguing that it's not illegal and if it's true that those rules oly posted apply to 38 then it is trully illegal. Just because they've looked the other way for so many years doesn't mean that if someone over there gets a wild hair up there a** they couldn't start cracking down. Weather or not they will...who knows....but it gives them to option to.

Similar to jaywalking in my opinion....some cities/cops look the other way....then you get the dude who's had a bad day and you're busted. Everyone decides for themselves if it's worth taking the risk I guess.

Jun 18, 2004
So we need to do allot research to decide if we can or can't ride? I'm glad people care... but my motto is be polite but do what you want until they tell you otherwise... no DNR,Forest Ranger, or FishnGame person has ever told me that I can't ride there...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Velocity Girl said:
Hehe...yea, I did delete it. I reconsidered joining this mongolian goat rodeo of a thread....but now that I've been called out on it :p

Individuals have been arguing that it's not illegal and if it's true that those rules oly posted apply to 38 then it is trully illegal. Just because they've looked the other way for so many years doesn't mean that if someone over there gets a wild hair up there a** they couldn't start cracking down. Weather or not they will...who knows....but it gives them to option to.

Similar to jaywalking in my opinion....some cities/cops look the other way....then you get the dude who's had a bad day and you're busted. Everyone decides for themselves if it's worth taking the risk I guess.
Oh, I"m not calling you out at all...I was just surprised it was gone :)

I just think that the DNR should make a decision on the numerous riding areas and stick with it, good or bad. It's hard when you have one ranger be all cool about the trails and one ready to hand out fines to riders. COMMUNICATION!!!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Str8OutaBallard said:
So we need to do allot research to decide if we can or can't ride? I'm glad people care... but my motto is be polite but do what you want until they tell you otherwise... no DNR,Forest Ranger, or FishnGame person has ever told me that I can't ride there...
And to be honest, I don't see a huge problem with that attitude (because you added the polite :) ) with a place like 38....we have all known there was an elemet of risk involved with the trails.

I was one of the unfortunate ones though who did have a DNR person tell me directly we couldn't so my face is now on someone's radar (except my helmet doesn't have the powerpuff girls on it anymore so maybe that might help??? :) ) So now I have to weight the risks for myself if I should still ride up there or not .... sucks :(

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Snacks said:
Oh, I"m not calling you out at all...I was just surprised it was gone :)

I just think that the DNR should make a decision on the numerous riding areas and stick with it, good or bad. It's hard when you have one ranger be all cool about the trails and one ready to hand out fines to riders. COMMUNICATION!!!
Totally agreed!!!

(See, we girls get along much better than the boys in this thread ;) )

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Velocity Girl said:
Was he in any rodeos?

He was the mongolian champion 9 years straight. No Mongolian goat cowboy could break him....

But sadly he perished in a tragic milking misunderstanding. We had him stuffed and now serves and an end table. Quite the conversation piece.