Quantcast

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
A group of us will be present shuttling. We'll have some spare room in the truck if you want...of course you have to do the truffle shuffle first.

Jun 18, 2004
So, is all the snow gone?
Jerry said yes on the phone the other day.

Have you been working at the Colanade lately? Mike W said your there from time to time... but we've never crossed paths...

I hear your the guy that built the big gap... let me know when your gonna do it; (when it's ready etc.), I would like to take a picture...

hopefully I won't have to work then.

Last edited:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
So, is all the snow gone?
not sure about tippytop but all the lower trails are clear. A couple of the less traveled trails have random crap on them (computer monitors for example) as well as downed trees (bringing a saw next time to fix that).

The trails were running PERFECT the last two weekends. Get some!

The rangers and forest service trucks were out on Saturday but could care less about us as they had other issues to worry about.

Jun 18, 2004
Me thinks that place and another before it Mon in the AM... get back in the City around 7pm... maybe bring 2 bikes 8" and 6"

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
So I was up at 38 today, people were riding. Someone has done WAY too much work up there... Things have been cut away and chicken wire has been put in places not needed. I've been riding there a while and am not stoked about what I saw. Yes, there were some downed trees and things that needed clearing. But no cutting or chicken wire should have been done... Those trails are illegal and DNR hates us enough as it is... we don't need to be up there cutting out roots and moving dozens of rocks that are keeping the hillside and trails together and the way they were supposed to be.

38 is supposed to be a great natural place to ride... Not another flow park that is groomed to be easy smooth riding.

That's my $0.02... I know there are a bunch of people who feel the same way about it as me and probably a bunch of people who feel differently. If you want a smooth trail that's not as hard as 38, go find something that is easier, there are tons of other options available for you that are a ton of fun but still somewhat challenging. If 38 is too hard for you, don't ride there. Don't dumb down the trails to meet your needs. The trails are how they are and that's how they should be with very little up keep.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wow, that really sucks. Nothing I hate more then when people go in and sanitize trails, that's just unacceptable.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
wow thats what makes 38 great; the natural and difficult lines!
anyways, whats the plan?! thunder storms and such are happening tonight but that shouldn't stop anyone tomorrow...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Where ya at?
I've never ridden out there, so I need a guide.

Someone let me know.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
So I was up at 38 today, people were riding. Someone has done WAY too much work up there... Things have been cut away and chicken wire has been put in places not needed. I've been riding there a while and am not stoked about what I saw. Yes, there were some downed trees and things that needed clearing. But no cutting or chicken wire should have been done... Those trails are illegal and DNR hates us enough as it is... we don't need to be up there cutting out roots and moving dozens of rocks that are keeping the hillside and trails together and the way they were supposed to be.

38 is supposed to be a great natural place to ride... Not another flow park that is groomed to be easy smooth riding.

That's my $0.02... I know there are a bunch of people who feel the same way about it as me and probably a bunch of people who feel differently. If you want a smooth trail that's not as hard as 38, go find something that is easier, there are tons of other options available for you that are a ton of fun but still somewhat challenging. If 38 is too hard for you, don't ride there. Don't dumb down the trails to meet your needs. The trails are how they are and that's how they should be with very little up keep.
:ban: :banana: :cheers:

4 or 5 years ago a couple of us took the warm-up trail and attempted to remove all the rocks to make it a faster and smoother trail. We got mixed reviews (at best) for our efforts. Lessons were learned and we just got better instead of altering what was there.

Fast forward...

I was a tad shocked to see how much work was done out there. Some of it was welcomed and needed but most of it just made it feel paved and less "38". Leave the paving to CBC please!

On a side note...be sure to wear your seatbelts while shuttling. I got pulled over yesterday while driving down. Thankfully the dudes who pulled me over were more interested in how I had my bike setup than giving me a ticket :)

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA

what trail was messed with?:disgust1: