Quantcast

39 > 38

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Many of you were asking for it and we’ve heard you loud and clear. After months of R&D and testing we can finally announce it.
Today we are presenting not one but TWO new products.
The team at BOS SUSPENSION is proud to present you the Idylle 39FCV and the Idylle 39SC
The name remains but the technology evolved.
- Idylle 39 FCV 29”: The new DH triple clamp fork with 208mm of travel. Made to attack the roughest and steepest tracks.
- Idylle 39SC 29”: Our newest ENDURO single crown with 170-190mm of travel available in increments of 10mm. The fork made to improve your time on any tracks.

Both Idylle use 39mm stanchion for extra control with the option of 15 or 20 x110 boost. Available in deep black or concrete gray.
Impeccable finishes, innovative design, maximum control and the latest technology from BOS SUSPENSION.
⚠
The new Idylle are available for pre order on the website starting today for delivery starting on Friday 02 July
⚠

✅
Please visit www.bos-suspension.com for more information.
as always proper infos only in baguette because who speaks english anyways

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
I´ll stick with suspension products that don´t require me to become a french citizen before letting me buy any spare parts or show me some sort of customer service.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Bos great if they work, absolutely dreadful when they don’t work and you can’t yet any support to fix them

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Customer service from the head office has been improved during the last few months according to what I have seen in the french forum I follow. I don't know the situation for the rest of the world... here in Sweden we have a dealer / service center focusing mainly on rally / mx stuff but he does mtb as well for Bos and Öhlins.

I like that Bos offers a clamped 20mm axle on their single crown.
Only one option for offset is kind of strange specially considering that it's rather long at 52mm for the SC and 53,5mm for the DH

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
It really is a shame that BOS support in North America is lacking. The Idylle Rare I had on my Sunday is still my favorite suspension product from a feel and performance perspective.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Let me rephrase......

I just want a lighter totem
Rock Shox made a 180 mm version of the 26" Lyrik. They pop up once in a while in the classifieds of PB. As far as I know the only difference is a longer air shaft, so spares can be had or you can mod an existing fork if you can get your hands on the spare part(s).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Rock Shox made a 180 mm version of the 26" Lyrik. They pop up once in a while in the classifieds of PB. As far as I know the only difference is a longer air shaft, so spares can be had or you can mod an existing fork if you can get your hands on the spare part(s).
perhaps I wasn't clear so let me reiterate: I just want a lighter totem

Not a flexy ass lyric, not a modern day disposable two year lifespan fork al la rockshox, a burly ass 40mm stanchion, 180mm travel fork with a reasonable wheel offset

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Not a flexy ass lyric, not a modern day disposable two year lifespan fork al la rockshox, a burly ass 40mm stanchion, 180mm travel fork with a reasonable wheel offset
You think a Lyrik is flexy? Are you tubby?
Mezzer maybe? No 20 mm axle though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I like the way you think. Bring back the totem!

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

Got a bike you can run 1.5 on? Looks like you can still get the steerer/upper assemblies - https://www.ebay.com/itm/303649887374. Could be the start of a frankenfork project.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Got a bike you can run 1.5 on? Looks like you can still get the steerer/upper assemblies - https://www.ebay.com/itm/303649887374. Could be the start of a frankenfork project.
they made tapered steerer ones. I had two of them.

I did start looking for a few used ones to mess with a while back (mainly change the damper). The wheel clearance with a 27.5 was a deal breaker from what I could tell based on pics with 26s and decent sized tires

They really were heavy as hell too......

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I like Woovision for those glasses -- "Can't see the haters if you are the hater!"

The Totem was a great fork, that thing felt bottomless

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
IIRC, the Totem had impressive crown overlap on the stanchions as well which helped contribute to a burly chassis. A mate of mine ran one on a Sunday for a couple of year and sent it huge.

I know it doesn't tick the axle requirement, but if you get a chance to do a lap on a Zeb Ultimate give it a go. They're available in 38 or 44mm offset, Torque Cap compatible (yeah yeah, I know), and Vorsprung does both the Smashpot and Secus options if you want moar betterer springs. I didn't expect it to be anything but a heavier Lyrik but it is definitely not the same.

Actually be curious to see if Fox releases a coil 38 under the Marzocchi name eventually.