Quantcast

3am is a good time

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Speaking of which, you see the controversy the dude behind Medford Knife & Tool finds himself in?

View attachment 182922

He droppes those shirts at the Blade Show, then launched into the typical frothing mouth "Im not a racist everyone who says so is lying and a snowflake and trying to cancel me" speech. So yea, never buying from them (not that they made anything to my taste anyway). Or Hinderer. Or Strider. Or Microtech. Buncha douches the lot of em.
No idea this was happening. I follow 3-4 individual knife makers, that's it. I understand the frustration of US businesses who invest in R&D only to have their designs stolen and manufactured in non-regulated chinese factories, but the execution of the protest seems a bit unfortunate.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No idea this was happening. I follow 3-4 individual knife makers, that's it. I understand the frustration of US businesses who invest in R&D only to have their designs stolen and manufactured in non-regulated chinese factories, but the execution of the protest seems a bit unfortunate.
the problem isn't so much the factories are unregulated, china has pretty lax IP laws, and even laxer enforcement.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Made smash burgers on the new griddle last night, did not disappoint. Still suffering a burger hang-over.

I am thankful that even though I am considered part of "management" where I work, I am not involved in the firing process.
Same, I'm usually consulted on such decisions but make it a point to never say anything negative about the person in question, argue to keep them or say nothing. Purposely positioned myself to never have to fire/lay-off anybody, I'll take a bit less money to not have to do it.

We lost some good and a couple worthless employees when they moved production out of state, but at least I was able to help a couple find new jobs, and I have a mole in other companies to put in a good word for me if/when I'm on the hunt again.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1. don't be a fucking racist. this should be easy to understand.
B. can't focus today. too much coffee the likely suspect.
3. it's quite chilly out. time to change the avatar.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
1. don't be a fucking racist. this should be easy to understand.
I have a trail building friend who has complained to me via texting that his wife calls him racist. Which is quite frustrating for him. Known this dude since the 90s. But lately, I have to agree with her. He’s not only sent me a couple overtly racist texts but also a very homophobic one as well. Mostly I ignore it but the dude seems to be getting worse.
[/QUOTE]

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
“Since we don’t control the air, our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air, so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we got we to clean that back up.”
I bet half of Trump supporters at this point believe that the global elites (Jews) do, in fact, control the air.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
“Since we don’t control the air, our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air, so when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we got we to clean that back up.”

I'd appreciate some Chinese air at this point

Screenshot_20221007-102415~2.png

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hopefully its fog and not wildfire smoke.

Still dark outside because the fog is so thick.
Still feel crap after Sunday's easy ride.
Stupid COVID.

Was late for breakfast meeting. Thankfully the guy was OK with that. The hashbrowns were exceptional in my opinion.

Onto the next meeting where I'll be helping the local land conservancy on-board the mtb trails I've been building. We are working on the kiosk map and the trail sign designs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hopefully its fog and not wildfire smoke.

Was late for breakfast meeting. Thankfully the guy was OK with that. The hashbrowns were exceptional in my opinion.

Onto the next meeting where I'll be helping the local land conservancy on-board the mtb trails I've been building. We are working on the kiosk map and the trail sign designs.

Smoke. Stagnant winds have it just settling in all the valleys.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I bet half of Trump supporters at this point believe that the global elites (Jews) do, in fact, control the air.
I am not Jewish, but I can attest to controlling the movement (albeit on a small scale) of air. Typically, it is heavily polluted and not fit for human consumption.