Quantcast

3am is a good time

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
ride done. legs smoked. trying to get back into shape; not sure how it's going.
It's going better than me sitting at this desk. I've tried and this method just isn't effective.
Y’all should come hike with me. Throwing 28 pounds on your back and grinding up some rawks n’ roots for 3 or 4 hours will get you in damn good shape quickly. You’ll laugh at how easy it is to climb on the bike. Muhahaha…

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I can't speak for everyone, but even when I have to let someone go for cause it completely sucks.
It sucks! I hate firing people too in which I've only had to do it a few times even if they are a total douche. What's worse is when the have kids/families. Didn't sleep well last night because of the stress. Seemed like it went ok and reassured them once things pick up their job is there waiting for them and wasn't going to anyone else. Its almost cocktail time which is a good thing!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Y’all should come hike with me. Throwing 28 pounds on your back and grinding up some rawks n’ roots for 3 or 4 hours will get you in damn good shape quickly. You’ll laugh at how easy it is to climb on the bike. Muhahaha…
hiking drives me crazy. i am literally thinking about riding the trail the entire time. would rather just punish myself on the bike until i get my legs back...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
65 freedums in the house.
It only reached 45 freedums outside today.

Considering the need to turn on some heat.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
hiking drives me crazy. i am literally thinking about riding the trail the entire time. would rather just punish myself on the bike until i get my legs back...

I absolutely do the same. Looking at rocks/roots/ruts etc. “I’d drop that “.

That being said I enjoy it from time to time (it’s been several years). Totally different vibe.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I absolutely do the same. Looking at rocks/roots/ruts etc. “I’d drop that “.

That being said I enjoy it from time to time (it’s been several years). Totally different vibe.
I spot tons of good lines all the time hiking. Fortunately I live close enough to some actual mountain terrain that it's easy to hike regularly.

Also IMBA is not allowed on the hiking trails so you get actual rocks and roots to walk on and not a freakin bobsled run through the woods. So there is that. :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I spot tons of good lines all the time hiking. Fortunately I live close enough to some actual mountain terrain that it's easy to hike regularly.

Also IMBA is not allowed on the hiking trails so you get actual rocks and roots to walk on and not a freakin bobsled run through the woods. So there is that. :D
hah! well...you know my preferred trails are not imba approved (or even bike legal :D). you'll be sad when you see what they've done to schoolhouse and the end of yancey though. we've been using the new end of yancey to climb up to ride back down the old ending recently for a short loop at the end of rides. :dirol:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I reserve hiking for when it's dark and crappy weather in the winter.
That's pretty much how I got the thru hiking bug. We had one summer where it rained nearly constantly. Entire trail systems were shut down for weeks at a time. And those that were open were unridable. Started taking a day pack with me in case of inclement weather. Hiked in many thunderstorms that summer.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
hah! well...you know my preferred trails are not imba approved (or even bike legal :D). you'll be sad when you see what they've done to schoolhouse and the end of yancey though. we've been using the new end of yancey to climb up to ride back down the old ending recently for a short loop at the end of rides. :dirol:
CLIMB UP YANCEY ?...CLIMB UP YANCEY ?...CLIMB UP YANCEY ?

:mad:

Back in the day that was damn steep drop onto the road. No one went up it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
CLIMB UP YANCEY ?...CLIMB UP YANCEY ?...CLIMB UP YANCEY ?

:mad:

Back in the day that was damn steep drop onto the road. No one went up it.
the new exit turns off to the right before the last fun part (just after the long slanty rock with the grandfather view) and drops you a bunch higher on roseboro. it's smooth and flowy and imba style. so we go up that and then back down the old, most excellent, ending. then we have beers on my buddy derek's porch, who lives behind the white church at the roseboro/90 intersection.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Electrical Contractors showed up on time did great work and everything is installed. 2 sets of lights for the back yard , 4 can lights and a remote controlled ceiling fan in the master bedroom and new exhaust fans in both bathrooms and replaced the old exposed aluminum wiring in the original 1975 construction portion of the house with romex

20221007_163202.jpg
20221007_164547.jpg
20221007_165005.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Tried watching She-Hulk last night, what an abomination, so painful to watch.

How did Marvel/Disney ever move forward with this or let alone have someone like Jessica Gao be even close to it.
a lack of female led superhero tv shows....they have the money to waste.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'd be happy going back to linda carter as wonder wornan reruns from the 80s...ah, to be a young boy in the 80s...between that and charlie's angels...
the writing was a hell of alot better i imagine...

i have heard nothing positive of she hulk...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today has merged into a work on bikes day. Spent most of the afternoon doing the parts swap between the Nukeproof and the Yeti, now I'm working on rebuilding Haley's pink bike. Her around town 20" is way too small now, so she needs a bike to ride. I'm going to have to rebuild the fork with the less sticky Push seals and proper fork oil (because I did it wrong before), and rebuild a set of XT brakes. Figure it's gonna take a few days to work through all this stuff.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
sight is dialed. now was that $10 or $20 in arrows gone in a second? And while that was a field tip what's your choice in broadheads?
Just broke the one on that shot, but followed it up with another broken arrow (another field point to shaft hit), and sent one through another's fletching. So I was down a total of 3 from today's 25 shots. Back to the bow shop I go for more arrows, a target, and maybe a different sight.

That was at 33 yards too. And I'm currently running some Muzzy fixed broadheads, though never actually had occasion to shoot one, even in practice.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just broke the one on that shot, but followed it up with another broken arrow (another field point to shaft hit), and sent one through another's fletching. So I was down a total of 3 from today's 25 shots. Back to the bow shop I go for more arrows, a target, and maybe a different sight.

That was at 33 yards too. And I'm currently running some Muzzy fixed broadheads, though never actually had occasion to shoot one, even in practice.
You will fin that the broadheads fly different from the field points. I have the 3 blade fixed Muzzy's and they fly 4" up and to the right from my field points. I scribed my field point setting in one color then dialed in the broad head and scribed that in in a different color so I can switch the sight quick and easy.