Quantcast

3rd time for a bent '01 bullit hanger. how long til it fails for good?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
after messing with the shifting for 1/2 an hr, i took it to my LBS, where they said i have a bent der hanger. this is the 3rd time it's getting re-aligned, and i'm suspicious it's going to fail for good soon. is there an after-market stiffener to reinforce it? i've heard rumors of one-offs, but never seen one in a catalog.

i've googled & searched here, but nothing.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
an extra what? i believe bullits have non-replaceable derailleur hangers (,aybe the new ones are replaceable).... One option could be running saint when it breaks, saint stuff should be going on sale soon too

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I actually do keep an extra Derailer Hanger handy for my bike, Mine happens to be replaceable. I dont remember if the 01 bullit was replaceable or not, it not then I would suggest moving to a Saint derailer system.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I actually do keep an extra Derailer Hanger handy for my bike, Mine happens to be replaceable. I dont remember if the 01 bullit was replaceable or not, it not then I would suggest moving to a Saint derailer system.
seem to recall it is replaceable, but i was hoping to find something to install just once & forget about it.