Quantcast

^* 3rds dei *^

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh yeah, since you all like MAKING FUN OF ME

I'm thinking about flying out to ohio to buy a car and drive it back to boston. whoopee doo!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Jaw is still sore from having a few mm of bone ground off. Soft food diet should help with weight loss. With any luck I’ll be at the same weight I was in 1994 when I quit racing xc, by my birthday next week. Cannot imagine going back to being 60 plus pounds heavier.

@I Are Baboon and @canadmos, you guys have inspired me to do other activities like hiking. Especialy when trails are too wet to ride. Been helping my old, beat up knees and overall fitness. Sometimes I ride and hike in the same day. Current target is a 2 hour ride followed by a 2.5 hour hike all on Pisgah like terrrain. Last attempt, ran out of daylight with an hour of hiking left. Good Pisgah conditioning because everyone hikes at some point.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Jaw is still sore from having a few mm of bone ground off. Soft food diet should help with weight loss. With any luck I’ll be at the same weight I was in 1994 when I quit racing xc, by my birthday next week. Cannot imagine going back to being 60 plus pounds heavier.

@I Are Baboon and @canadmos, you guys have inspired me to do other activities like hiking. Especialy when trails are too wet to ride. Been helping my old, beat up knees and overall fitness. Sometimes I ride and hike in the same day. Current target is a 2 hour ride followed by a 2.5 hour hike all on Pisgah like terrrain. Last attempt, ran out of daylight with an hour of hiking left. Good Pisgah conditioning because everyone hikes at some point.
For the record, I'd never suggest someone go hiking when quality biking is available. :crazy::busted:

I only do it when I'm lazy and/or hurt and otherwise can't ride a bike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
For the record, I'd never suggest someone go hiking when quality biking is available. :crazy::busted:

I only do it when I'm lazy and/or hurt and otherwise can't ride a bike.
whenever i go hiking with the family, it's really hard for me to enjoy it because literally 99% of what i'm thinking about is what it would be like to be riding the trail instead of walking on it. the other 1% is beer.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
You sure ? Seen any mice ?

I got a mouse problem, can you mail one of the owls to me ?
Turns out i dont have any owls. Thank @FSM . They are burrowing owls and are protected in their breeding season. Its not breeding season. They love eating mice and stealing the homes of squirrels.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I’m on owl eviction duty today
you just reminded me ...

A week or so ago I walked into town for dinner. Walking back well after dark I noticed something weird on top of a neighbor's car, on the roof rack cross bars specifically. I thought it was a bunched up jacket until I got closer. It was the biggest owl I'd ever seen, claws around the cross bar, eyes closed and still. This thing was the size of a t-day turkey. I watched it for a minute while it rested/slept and walked home.

Owls are fucking cool.

/coolstorybro

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
you just reminded me ...

A week or so ago I walked into town for dinner. Walking back well after dark I noticed something weird on top of a neighbor's car, on the roof rack cross bars specifically. I thought it was a bunched up jacket until I got closer. It was the biggest owl I'd ever seen, claws around the cross bar, eyes closed and still. This thing was the size of a t-day turkey. I watched it for a minute while it rested/slept and walked home.

Owls are fucking cool.

/coolstorybro
Yeah they are. Once, while night riding several years ago, an owl swooped down, snatched a mouse, and perched on a branch. By the time it landed it had killed and skinned the mouse. It was just sitting there with a tiny fur coat hanging out of it's mouth. Ultra efficient killing machine that makes me grateful owls are not the size of Volkswagens.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Afternoon!!

My day started before the sunz did. Gross. Upshot was spending the afternoon on the campus at Elon College for an install in one of their cafeterias. Apparently, the new trend for ladies is old school Umbro shorts - pulled waaaay up high. I see very little wrong with this.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Good Afternoon!!

My day started before the sunz did. Gross. Upshot was spending the afternoon on the campus at Elon College for an install in one of their cafeterias. Apparently, the new trend for ladies is old school Umbro shorts - pulled waaaay up high. I see very little wrong with this.
I have noticed a recent trend among young women lately of wearing Mommy Jeans. I don't get it. The look is completely unflattering and anachronistic in a way. Too young to be wearing their Mom's pants. Most perplexing to me as a designer and disappointing as a dirty old man.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have noticed a recent trend among young women lately of wearing Mommy Jeans. I don't get it. The look is completely unflattering and anachronistic in a way. Too young to be wearing their Mom's pants. Most perplexing to me as a designer and disappointing as a dirty old man.
High wasited jeans. the CU students ruin their hot little bodies by wearing them. Prolly why millennials don't have sex

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
For the record I like owls a lot. One day during a santa ana I found a barn owl outside my fence along the road. Its claws were like needles. We tried to save it but I think it was too far gone. I see them around my house all the time. The burrowing owls are neat but when they get on your property it fucks your shit up with the environmentalist. They say they are a species of interest. The owls dont care about anything like little rodent owls. Then you gotta buy mitigating land and try and make squirrels dig holes and then make owls steal them. Nightmare.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here's the deal, you dirty old fucker - they're not wearing them to attract YOU.

:busted:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@jonKranked - did you ever sort out that mysterious water on the floor?

I now have water on the floor in my sun room and no obvious reason for it.

:tinfoil:
I used to have mysterious water in the basement. Then I got a de-humidifier that maintains the dew point well below the temperature of the walls and the floor and I haven't seen a droplet of water since.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Now to do fuck all today because it's raining..,
i wish i had this option, but alas...
I could always partake in the fruits of your line of work.,,
Now to do all today because it's raining fuck
I fucking hate riding with lights
after 18 years of night riding, I'm beginning to agree. No matter how great my setup is, it's still not as much fun as riding in daylight. Still, it's better than not riding at all.