Quantcast

^* 3rds dei *^

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Now to do all today because it's raining fuck

after 18 years of night riding, I'm beginning to agree. No matter how great my setup is, it's still not as much fun as riding in daylight. Still, it's better than not riding at all.
Have you poached any steep groomed cross country ski trails yet? That's pretty damn fun...we were hitting over 60km/h on those sketch tires.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I have noticed a recent trend among young women lately of wearing Mommy Jeans. I don't get it. The look is completely unflattering and anachronistic in a way. Too young to be wearing their Mom's pants. Most perplexing to me as a designer and disappointing as a dirty old man.

I saw that, too....wasn't sure if it was just a few fashion-dinosaurs roaming around, but it's a thing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Have you poached any steep groomed cross country ski trails yet? That's pretty damn fun...we were hitting over 60km/h on those sketch tires.
In the winter? yeah, that's pretty much all we ride. Even better than the groomed runs are the ungroomed singletrack high-speed runs. Usually those are packed down by snowshoers, so they go really close to trees. whipping by within mms of trees at 60km is exciting... equally exciting is the potential to drift off the beaten path, and endo at speed into the "softer" snow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Usually those are packed down by snowshoers,
Lucky. There seems to be a huge population of dorks here who like to go post hole hiking in the winter, for some strange reason. :confused:

Makes it almost impossible to ride down some trails. And it really makes your taint take a beating.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
With my sincerest apologies to @KenW449
I feel like I've read this on another GMT... DeJa vu
I'm also trying to figure out how to get my bike to Ecuador in November. It's a three-flight trip, so luggage will change planes twice: once in Washington, once in Panama.
Also found out that the first leg of my flight to Ecuador is run by Mesa airlines, flying a Bombardier Regional Jet 700 series. I called yesterday to clarify whether my bike bag will fit, and was told that the door to the baggage compartment is too small (43"x33"), and I can't bring a bike (my Evoc bag is 14"x33.5").
I just got off the phone with United. again. Seems that the restriction only applies to bikes. If I tell them the contents of my Evoc case are anything else (I'm thinking maybe "tradeshow booth") it will be fine. I'll still have to pay oversize luggae fee, but at least it can fly with me.

Now the question is do I risk it? If they say "eff you" at the airport, I'm either fuckered, or I'll have to do a quick bit of luggage reorganizing at the airport... I'm thinking I'll be fuckered. gah.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
after 18 years of night riding, I'm beginning to agree. No matter how great my setup is, it's still not as much fun as riding in daylight. Still, it's better than not riding at all.
We do a group ride here called TNL, Tuesday Night Lights. As you guess, a group of us will go to one of the trails and ride/ drink beer. Occasionally, it will be an in town hop shop run to a local brewery. We used to do a ride every other Wednesday to a place called Black Rock Brewery, get pizza, drink and they would occasionally have a desert cart out there that had alcohol infused desserts. :drool:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Whatever I had for lunch is giving me ass that is soul crushingly bad. I pity my cube neighbors.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got in a few short km in the fading sunlight after work. But god damn, no energy and my lungs are burning from this cold. Ugh.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Piglets are getting big. They do not realize their own strength. They knock me over to lick my face. I gave them apples. They went crazy. It was fun. I have to expand their pen. More fun with the Bobcat. Post Hole digger is awesome also. Making it out of Barn wood planks in a alternating shingle pattern. Got a work out unloading all the sand mix bags. Moved my Oven trailer out there. Loo Too the sow gets dispatched on the 8th. I will miss her.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ride night. it's gloomy and rainy. it rained pretty heavily for about 3 days this week. going back to the flat and sandy place I rode at on the weekend, but I'm bringing my Humuhumu this time: rigid, steel, singlespeed, 29r, bottle cage, under-saddle pack. Is this the "everything that's wrong with the industry" thread?! :D I'm actually kinda stoked to give it a go.
that was fucking fun. way funner than on the big bike. perfect soil, perfect weather, following someone faster than me that knows the trails. beers in teh parking lot, then beers and brisket on a bun at a brewery. :drool: