Quantcast

4/29 Stewart MonkeyRide

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
On Saturday, Bluebug and I met Stosh, Hooples and Tame Ape for a ride at Stewart Buffer zone. Hell of a nice day and a great ride too!

At the parking lot (no I didn't fall this time)

First food break about 3 miles in

Tame Ape (singlespeeding it no less) on the singletrack.

Hooples on the same track

Some guy riding Stosh's bike on the same track.

Stopping at the finish line of the Darkhorse 40 track (brutal long climb)

Bluebug playing around in the shale pits

Tame Ape being king of the world.

Hooples with some air

Tame Ape in the shale again

Myself off the ground for a moment

Hooples getting even more air

Myself, trackstanding on the piles (or attempting to)

Tame Ape like totally dropped off this ledge 25 feet to flat, with just a singlespeed hardtail with 4" of front travel. He's like, da northshore bomb man.

Some guy hitting a roller on Stosh's bike

Tame Ape, same roller

Hooples, same roller

Bluebug, yet again, same roller

Tame Ape could huck 25 foot drops but fell over in the weeds trying to ride over a stick

Some guy lugging around Stosh's bike

Meanwhile, back at the (stosh) ranch, Tame Ape makes a friend.

Tame Ape riding a bike that's claimed to be Stosh's

From left to right: Aubrey, Hooples, our new friend Bernie or Ernie (depends) and bluebug32

While Stosh was cooking Bubba burgers, another picture: Aubrey. Hooples, Tame Ape, Bluebug and myself

Great day was had by all. Great bar-b-q, great ride, great people. Thanks everyone, and thanks to Stosh for hosting!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Thanks for taking some great pics Rob... I had a great time this weekend and it was awesome to meet you, beth and tame-ape!!!!
Looking forward to doing it all again!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sweet, cool ride pics!

rob, I can still see the remnants of your spill in that last pic.

you guys drinkin Yuengling?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
If you guys come down to the burgh you can ride some more sweeeeeet singletrack. :thumb: drink more good beer:thumb: :thumb: and eat some more good food:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

J

JRB

Cool stuff. I like. Those cranks on stosh's bike rock the vote. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Cool stuff. I like. Those cranks on stosh's bike rock the vote. :thumb:
Many thanks!!

I made sure I told all the other monkeys how cool I thought you were and how much stuff you've hooked me up with in the past.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Nice pics - how does that guy riding stosh's bike like the feel of the Reynolds 853 steel tubing?
Well that guy said his a$$ lasted till the last mile of the ride so his a$$ give it the seal of approval.

The bike climbs like an f'ing billy goat. I think god shined down apon me when I built this bike.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
Well that guy said his a$$ lasted till the last mile of the ride so his a$$ give it the seal of approval.

The bike climbs like an f'ing billy goat. I think god shined down apon me when I built this bike.
Gonna sell the Iron Horse?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
bluebug32 said:
I would love to do that. I wonder how long of a trip it is?
where exactly would you be coming from? if you do venture down, I can see if the folks from DirtRag are around and we could do a ride! we have a bazillion places to ride, it all depends on what type of riding you want to do! but if you come down, and Manhattan and I have the trail we have been working on done no matter what you have to ride it! its saweeet already and we only have about 3/4 to 1 mile done... and we have like 4 to 5 miles planned! it should be rockin though!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Gonna sell the Iron Horse?
Probably not... I'm sure one day I'll want to switch back. Unless of course someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody know how many hours we were out for? It was like 3.5 I think and we did 13miles correct?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Anybody know how many hours we were out for? It was like 3.5 I think and we did 13miles correct?
Hooples and I pegged it at close to 4hours on the car clock. In the end, it couldn't have been much better riding, only I'll pack more water next time.:rolleyes:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Probably not... I'm sure one day I'll want to switch back. Unless of course someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.
So all I have to do to get your bike is break into your house and shoot you in the face? Brother, you got yourself a deal!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
brungeman said:
where exactly would you be coming from? if you do venture down, I can see if the folks from DirtRag are around and we could do a ride! we have a bazillion places to ride, it all depends on what type of riding you want to do! but if you come down, and Manhattan and I have the trail we have been working on done no matter what you have to ride it! its saweeet already and we only have about 3/4 to 1 mile done... and we have like 4 to 5 miles planned! it should be rockin though!
Poughkeepsie/New Paltz area