Quantcast

$4/gas... coming this summer to a station near you...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That’s how you know the President is working.
I thought we had to measure his performance on tweet likes per day?

Much like each of our annual appraisals is based on how many of the "useful" ratings our Ridemonkey posts get across the year??

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I thought we had to measure his performance on tweet likes per day?

Much like each of our annual appraisals is based on how many of the "useful" ratings our Ridemonkey posts get across the year??
When my boss tells my I’m lagging on my KPI, I make sure to rebuttal with an update on my RM reaction stats.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Part of the gas prices rising is kind of amusing, kind of not...

On top of every Nissan and Camry owner not knowing how to merge on to freeways here, now every other 'tard in a pickup truck is taking ten minutes to get to up to speed, after merging. I assume to save gas. COME ON BRO SPEED UP, even my 15 year old shitty Toyota with 102.63hp can move faster than you!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
now every other 'tard in a pickup truck is taking ten minutes to get to up to speed, after merging. I assume to save gas
Although lowering velocity area under the time curve will help, in general highway BSFC efficiency will be at high load and low rpm. Lug that beast.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Although lowering velocity area under the time curve will help, in general highway BSFC efficiency will be at high load and low rpm. Lug that beast.
Except automatic transmission, of which every modern iteration I have driven downshifts wildly and unnecessarily at any hint of throttle input.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Except automatic transmission, of which every modern iteration I have driven downshifts wildly and unnecessarily at any hint of throttle input.
Got to feather the throttle to not make it kick down.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
canadamos complains people are accelerating really slow
toshi suggests they should maintain a high load and low rpm for efficiency
I say that automatic transmissions prevent you from doing that as under high load they will downshift give you high rpm
toshi suggests drivers go light on the throttle which describes the original condition canadmos was complaining about
I facepalm

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
there's a medium in there, of some load, some acceleration, and no kickdown

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It’s called a fucking EV you infuriating dinosaurs! :banghead:
Check out this torque pipe I just put on.

fmftorque.jpg

It's a narrower overall expansion chamber which increases exhaust gas scavenging providing more fueling for a given combustion cycle. It's two stroke obviously so scavenging is an important process in maintaining the best possible compression and fuel delivery. Of the cylinder. Which is being moved by combustion. Of gas. And oil.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Jesus, like every auto trans these days keeps the rpm low and there’s a sport mode when you don’t want that.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

View attachment 173551

It's a narrower overall expansion chamber which increases exhaust gas scavenging providing more fueling for a given combustion cycle. It's two stroke obviously so scavenging is an important process in maintaining the best possible compression and fuel delivery. Of the cylinder. Which is being moved by combustion. Of gas. And oil.
You chain looks a bit dry.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis

View attachment 173551

Had a street legal one I should have never sold.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It’s called a fucking EV you infuriating dinosaurs! :banghead:
they really are the gift that keeps on giving.

one week, over a thousand gallons of water (because environment) and still going strong!

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@kidwoo i'm generally with you on things, but your tesla hate is stupid.
You're not surrounded by them. You have no idea.

And apparently you're not familiar with the uh.....let's call it build 'quality' of the things?

You also thought people making fun of crooked and fragile intense frames was stupid until you learned how many of us had one ;)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You're not surrounded by them. You have no idea.

And apparently you're not familiar with the uh.....let's call it build 'quality' of the things?

You also thought people making fun of crooked and fragile intense frames was stupid until you learned how many of us had one ;)
dude i live in banker city...i can't throw a pebble without hitting one. zero problems with them in general other than the boss is an asshat. i'd rather be surrounded by them than squatted pickemups and blinged out tacos with toppers and hitch racks...

i also have zero problems making fun of intense frames. but my uzzi served me well for 8 years of stupid abuse, and the company hooked me up when it failed until they no longer had the parts.

gonna take my crabon bars up into the hills tomorrow. if you never hear from me again it was a good run.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
zero problems with them
Like you emotionally, personally have zero problems with them or they are mechanically sound?

Because if its the former you certainly havent looked into the latter.

Dont forget Im 3-4 hours from where they were developed. And I live where they were 'tested' for a lot of things. I dont know what bankers city is but 40% of all teslas sold are in this state. Those cars are trash. And theyre expensive so theyre an absolute smug douche magnet.

You cant even tow the things and have to maintain a subscriotion service to get the fucking brakes bled. Its a membership lifestyle service, not a car.

Didnt realize there was such deep love for never ending lithium fires, something tesla has proven exceptionally good at generating.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I really don’t get the Tesla hate either. You justifiably might not like the guy personally; he is a slightly autistic borderline extremist who plays a troll on twitter, but seriously:

1647578921387.gif

He has unarguably done a huge amount to do what he has always said he wanted to achieve: To speed the adoption of electric vehicles to help slow climate change. Literally no other entity before him has achieved anything like this (in the consumer transport space at least). As a fairly progressive hypocritical greeny tree hugging cunt myself, I don’t like how he conducts himself personally, but actions are significantly more important than words.

I’m trying to think of things that America can be proud of in 2022. All I got is Nasa, Tesla and SpaceX. What else?