Quantcast

$4/gas... coming this summer to a station near you...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Only used a few gallons of gas getting to/from Beaver Creek this past weekend thanks to the PHEVness of the wife's minivan. Started out Sunday at 0% state of charge so all that regen is via physics/descending down the passes.

But it'll be nicer yet to use no gas at all. Soon. Or maybe not so soon.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah, but you live in a touristy place. It's expected that you'll pay higher gas prices.
By who?

Is that written in the bible somewhere?

We are literally on the way from california refineries to NV where gas is consistently 2-3 bucks cheaper (and where I buy it).

I know I live in a community that exists solely for other people (who then bitch about the lack of 'service') but that's not some rule or anything. Besides, tourists drive teslas from I can tell.

I actually do want to come to where you are. Cheaper gas I hear.

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
By who?

Is that written in the bible somewhere?

We are literally on the way from california refineries to NV where gas is consistently 2-3 bucks cheaper (and where I buy it).

I know I live in a community that exists solely for other people (who then bitch about the lack of 'service') but that's not some rule or anything. Besides, tourists drive teslas from I can tell.

I actually do want to come to where you are. Cheaper gas I hear.
It's written in the Petroconsumerapitalist bible, in the chapter about opportunism.

You don't want to come here. But if you do, beers are on me.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Price has dropped here in NZ over recent weeks, it's now about $7.23 a gallon in your currency and obsolete measuring system.
In case you were wondering (you weren't but I'm inflicting this factoid on you anyway....HA!).
At it's peak about a month ago NZ pricing was around $9 USD per gallon of freedumb juice.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Read a story from a supposed "retired oil industry worker", they were claiming in COVID times they were swimming in excess product that no one was using, extreme over-supply, because no one was traveling, cars, planes, etc. Said the companies are trying to pad their checkbooks to make up for that extreme dip...whether they are far over now on the other side seems to be the main question.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
"“This is crazy. This is absolutely crazy,” explained Chris Lemieux, who had no idea how much he was paying for gasoline until it was too late."

No idea how much he was paying? I mean... :confused:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"“This is crazy. This is absolutely crazy,” explained Chris Lemieux, who had no idea how much he was paying for gasoline until it was too late."

No idea how much he was paying? I mean... :confused:
The price is on the pump and you aren't allowed to pump yourself, so unless you look at the pump and there isn't a sign.

The wife and I were just talking about how easy it is to not see the price and assume it's at least reasonable, especially being Arco (I don't put Arco gas in my vehicles). There was a station in town that got busted for not updating the street sign that was cheaper than the pump price.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The price is on the pump and you aren't allowed to pump yourself, so unless you look at the pump and there isn't a sign.

The wife and I were just talking about how easy it is to not see the price and assume it's at least reasonable, especially being Arco (I don't put Arco gas in my vehicles). There was a station in town that got busted for not updating the street sign that was cheaper than the pump price.
Lol
We do not hide or ‘cover up’ our fuel prices and we are not trying to deceive anyone. We show our current fuel prices as required by law,” wrote Arco am/pm management in an unsigned letter to the Oregon Department of Justice on December 7.