Quantcast

$4/gas... coming this summer to a station near you...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
jet A and 100LL count too!

I've been buying gas in nevada. California priced me out again. About the only gas I've burned in the last year is my dirtbike. Working from home has probably saved me a few thousand in gas. It's fucking awesome.
Had an '81 Toyota 4x4 that ran fan-fucking-tastic on 100LL. Catalytic converter didn't last long though. No clue if it passed CA smog inspection after I got rid of it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lEt tHeM bUy a tEsLa
let them wait for public transportation if their time is worth that little

(and if they live out in the boonies yet are so precisely on the knife's edge that a few dozen extra dollars per month will bankrupt them then that's just unsustainable on many fronts.)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

(and if they live out in the boonies yet are so precisely on the knife's edge that a few dozen extra dollars per month will bankrupt them then that's just unsustainable on many fronts.)
What's that? Can't hear you all the way down here. That ivory tower have an elevator you can come down in? :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

All that city livin' must make your horse pretty high

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Poor people don't deserve to even work.

They should live in cities so they don't have to travel, the same cities that are astronomically unaffordable as a long term outcome of muh investments, and muh business improvement districts. And they should definitely use non-existent public transportation that I can't be bothered to look for any evidence of.

Fucking people over who definitely aren't me, even into homelessness as a vehicle for change is always the best approach.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Where's my thread on Joe Sixpack driving a F-150 needlessly again?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Same place as my thread about arrogant neolibs buying $80k cars twice a year because a different color came out while they decry wastefulness.

Fascinating to know that f150s are the only things that run on gas. I'm so important and better than their owners though, that if a few people with beat down sedans suffer collateral damage, it's worth it to show that guy in the muscle shirt who's boss.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I mean, I guess we could continue to subsidize fossil fuels to insure $2 gas forever, but that seems a little short-sighted, IMO. :shrug:
No, it's horseshit and we should absolutely stop doing that.........

AFTER WE HAVE A REPLACEMENT SYSTEM IN PLACE AS EQUALLY ACCESSIBLE AS GASOLINE IS NOW

This dumbass mArKeT sOlUtIoNs to everything completely leaves out everyone who was never in tHeMaRkEt™

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Whilst I agree with the immorality of pricing people out of their only transport option, the bigger picture is that we urgently need to stop burning stuff and that the US super really urgently needs to invest in public transport and a cleaner fleet anyway. All of this needs to be happening at once. Gas absolutely should be super expensive, but cheap, clean PT also needs to be in place for urban and extra-urban users. In Denmark you can still get a bus to a town or railway station even if you live on a farm miles from anywhere, granted it is still smaller and denser than the US but there you go. For people who live far away, the government could subsidise or offer low interest loans for EVs or whatever whilst building out a charging (when I type that my autocorrect suggests ChargeNet, our local one) network. You are of course eye-rolling at how impossible this sounds. Of course it’s not, and actually pretty easy compared to say, building four more nuclear powered aircraft carriers.

Short version, your legislative systems are totally fucked, you are so deep in I don’t think you even see how bad it is; you need a revolution.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You're not wrong...

All blowing up gas prices is going to to is

1: Nothing to deter rich people who are proven to be the biggest polluters anyway, but can afford it and will
2: Make everyone else poorer because it doesn't magically present an alternative that isn't there

Gas is tickling 6 bucks a gallon here. You think that's deterred traffic or something? It's worse now than it ever has been. 8, 9, 10 ain't gonna change that. If your goal is less combustion, the SYSTEM needs to change. Not just making a resource that everyone depends on more expensive. And not subsidizing expensive shitty ass electric cars.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We have a restaurant here called Liberty Burgers, maybe you could butcher them, and sell the meat as premium grade A us MEAT?

Just trying to help here.
Let's be real, that posh Jackson way of life is far more likely to result in some A5 wagyu people meat.

Last edited: