Quantcast

>>> 4 More Years Wednesday GTM >>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So America how are you doing at the moment? Personally I have brewed some coffee and I am watching the show from a safe distance.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I think Biden is going to win this ultimately as the cities and absentee ballots all get tallied. But sweet jeebus, what a rollercoaster.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I think Biden is going to win this ultimately as the cities and absentee ballots all get tallied. But sweet jeebus, what a rollercoaster.
Yeah, he was also supposed to take it by 8% some days ago, and look where we are now!
I guess the 'rona was not taking out enough of POTUS' supporters in Florida. ;)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My FTS is about 12. Wifey actually made her first comment ever about leaving. She's been really adamant about not leaving because her family is here, but she actually said "I can't believe we live somewhere with so many people that think this is all okay." Then asked a few questions about whether I do or don't actually have dual citizenship because of my stepmom. Beyond that, I think we said all of 10 words to each other last night.

At least CO resoundingly said 'fuck you' to the Republican party and Cory Gardner. All my Trumper neighbors can eat a dick knowing that the majority of our state, by a lot, told them to fuck off.

Oh, and I'm here with not much to do today. Looking forward to my new mask showing up and pissing off Trumpers, because I'm feeling particularly surly.

I'm frustrated by not having detailed results for Vermont. At the top end, we retained the incompetent Scott as governor, and the Democratic candidate won the lieutenant governor slot, but at this point I can't see results for local state representatives.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends. I hope you are all well this morning (no bullshitting, for real). I managed about five hours of sleep in 20 minute blocks, which I am actually happy about. I've done Ironman races on less sleep. Getting up at 5:00 for an hour swim was no problem since I was already awake.

I tend to agree with Toshi's statement above, and the more outstanding votes to be counted, the better. Even the Republican talking heads on CNN think this is Biden's to lose at this point.

Good morning, friends. I hope you are all well this morning (no bullshitting, for real). I managed about five hours of sleep in 20 minute blocks, which I am actually happy about. I've done Ironman races on less sleep. Getting up at 5:00 for an hour swim was no problem since I was already awake.

I tend to agree with Toshi's statement above, and the more outstanding votes to be counted, the better. Even the Republican talking heads on CNN think this is Biden's to lose at this point.
Intellectually I hold with that, but my gut's squirming.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@StiHacka my family has plans at 2 on saturday, so sunday is a better fit for me (wide open). I may be able to arrange and early-as-shit ride on saturday, but would prefer to take our time if possible. Otherwise, I am probably out for a saturday ride.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I enjoy watching the TV as all this unfolds, as Australian I don't get to feel that I'm smarter than many all that often, but wen dem durrr Trumpians are on ma movie box I feel pretty damn good about my intellergence.

1604495546191.gif

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@StiHacka my family has plans at 2 on saturday, so sunday is a better fit for me (wide open). I may be able to arrange and early-as-shit ride on saturday, but would prefer to take our time if possible. Otherwise, I am probably out for a saturday ride.
How about 9AM-ish on Sat? I would prefer being back home before 1PM as well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no one interested in getting the money out of politics this go around.....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Peaced out from watching the election last night around 8pm, got caught up on the latest Nat's What I Reckon cooking videos. Like the majority on this forum, I can't stand Trump and have a lot of angst towards the GOP. But I think I've come to some sort of "peace" with whatever is gonna happen... kinda like IRB. I honestly believe Trump has assaulted our Democracy, and would stop at nearly nothing to retain autocratic power... and that's not okay. I'm more concerned that the Senate majority will remain with the R's. I think @stoney said this somewhere... I'm happy that Colorado gave a pretty resounding FUCK YOU to the GOP. But to be fair, I do hope Dems in this state continue to fairly address the rural and ranching population's concerns, namely property rights. Guns and abortion? Nah go fuck yourself. Your livelihood? Okay, let's talk.

Peaced out from watching the election last night around 8pm, got caught up on the latest Nat's What I Reckon cooking videos. Like the majority on this forum, I can't stand Trump and have a lot of angst towards the GOP. But I think I've come to some sort of "peace" with whatever is gonna happen... kinda like IRB. I honestly believe Trump has assaulted our Democracy, and would stop at nearly nothing to retain autocratic power... and that's not okay. I'm more concerned that the Senate majority will remain with the R's. I think @stoney said this somewhere... I'm happy that Colorado gave a pretty resounding FUCK YOU to the GOP. But to be fair, I do hope Dems in this state continue to fairly address the rural and ranching population's concerns, namely property rights. Guns and abortion? Nah go fuck yourself. Your livelihood? Okay, let's talk.

What, in particular, are the property rights concerns?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Beyond having an understanding that ranchers, farmers, and other people who depend on land for their livelihood have concerns about property rights, I don't know specifics about those concerns, TBH. Agricultural tax rates, fencing and trespass laws, mineral/oil/gas rights, and water rights might be some things.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm more concerned that the Senate majority will remain with the R's
This. This isn't good even if Biden wins.

Me last night :/
Me this morning :/ :/

Not quite sure how people think you can have a fully functioning economy when the federal government is trying to ignore a pandemic. Similarly for the remainder of my lifespan I like having a vaguely functioning planet.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Taxing business vs. residential property. Most rural property is farm related, so business. That being said, the Gallager Amendment was passed, so that should alleviate a lot of their issues.

The big second one is water rights. There is only so much water in the state and there are a lot of fights about getting it back into the hands of urban residents. Wifey's company has looked at a few larger developments that would need water access and have had to factor purchasing a farm property for its water rights. They would end up just turning it into a wilderness area, but would still need the water rights to build anything large in Denver-metro.

Lastly are mineral rights. A lot of the non-metro plains have oil and fracking. As metro expands, those with mineral rights want to keep drilling (rightfully), but it puts them onto surface level conflict with residential areas. There was already one home that blew up because of a well that wasn't capped properly, so it's a real touch point the farther north you go.

edit: with fracking/drilling, one of the major conflicts has to do with well shut down. Every company (llc) has to pay into the state well insurance fund for abandoned wells. It's a relatively small amount; far less than the actual cost of capping a well (thank you R's). It's become an accepted expense for smaller rig operators to tap, pump dry, leave, then bankrupt the LLC after taking all the capital out of it, leaving the state to clean up the mess. Similar to construction and home builders going bankrupt to walk away from a project, only to start a new company with 100% of the same business structure but a new name.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Taxing business vs. residential property. Most rural property is farm related, so business. That being said, the Gallager Amendment was passed, so that should alleviate a lot of their issues.

The big second one is water rights. There is only so much water in the state and there are a lot of fights about getting it back into the hands of urban residents. Wifey's company has looked at a few larger developments that would need water access and have had to factor purchasing a farm property for its water rights. They would end up just turning it into a wilderness area, but would still need the water rights to build anything large in Denver-metro.

Lastly are mineral rights. A lot of the non-metro plains have oil and fracking. As metro expands, those with mineral rights want to keep drilling (rightfully), but it puts them onto surface level conflict with residential areas. There was already one home that blew up because of a well that wasn't capped properly, so it's a real touch point the farther north you go.
And I think/feel like a lot of what you're pointing out here shows the difference in how land use objectives are different for urban vs. rural concerns and needs. Though I don't know, I'd suspect land use is one a big thing that keeps rural CO red... well that and churches and babies and guns and shit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And I think/feel like a lot of what you're pointing out here shows the difference in how land use objectives are different for urban vs. rural concerns and needs. Though I don't know, I'd suspect land use is one a big thing that keeps rural CO red... well that and churches and babies and guns and shit.
I'd say the latter more than anything, actually. As metro encroaches into the plains, the beliefs of those who live in metro, come with them. The conflicts are much greater on the eastern side of the Front Range than Western slope. The Western Slope think we're all baby killers trying to take their guns.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'd say the latter more than anything, actually. As metro encroaches into the plains, the beliefs of those who live in metro, come with them. The conflicts are much greater on the eastern side of the Front Range than Western slope. The Western Slope think we're all baby killers trying to take their guns.
that, plus the fear of "the other"

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Meh.

Not feeling it today. I guess it's a good thing then I can zone out and spend the whole day downloading files from our QMS so I can make changes to them.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Today has started out le suck. My pickup schedule is really tight. first 2 came out of their home late so I was running behind on the first 4. That also means that they will come out of dialysis later which will screw up the first 2/3 of my day

Add on the wanna be dictator spew and I am in a fucking bad mood