Quantcast

4" of snow in my yard on Skyline Blvd

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
You accelerate every time you push the gas pedal down, not just from a stop: coming out of a turn, uphill, passing...It is true that different AWD systems affect braking differently, but it can even be a detriment sometimes. People think that AWD or 4WD will keep their car from sliding sideways on a slippery surface (like off the side of an icy road). AWD does nothing in that instance. It's all tires.
basically
thats very dumb, its not all tires, in the case of you sliding off a raod in rain, ice or mud, just like in traditional offroading, all 4 tires spinning would give you a much better advatage to pull your self out of that situation
(sorry the wording of that sucked)

Edit: Also as I read farther, its not that there going to be "powering through snow banks" even in a mild a slip situation, awd would keep the car from going into a spin or out of control with little effort, as opposed to almost anything rear wheel drive.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
only thing scarier then soccer mom in suvs driving in the snow, is all the dumb ass Californian college students in Daddy's RWD BMW with high performance street tires
Fixed. Seriously. I'm in a central NY college town, and the driving skills, or lack thereof, among the campus populations is appalling. Hell, they can't even walk decently. Looking before crossing roads seems to be beyond many of them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The day I graduated college we got about a foot of snow. All the students had been there long enough to know how to drive in the snow. Visiting family did not.
The town looked like a junk yard with all the smashed up cars.