Quantcast

4" rise 2-piece bmx bars..........?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i was looking and couldn't find any either.

I guess stick with 3-3.5" new school DJ bars (NSBikes, etc) or phone Solid about custom ones. Maybe S&M will do custom bars even. Or get S&M 5" cruisers and run a drop stem if you like the S&M bends.

-r

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i was looking and couldn't find any either.

I guess stick with 3-3.5" new school DJ bars (NSBikes, etc) or phone Solid about custom ones. Maybe S&M will do custom bars even. Or get S&M 5" cruisers and run a drop stem if you like the S&M bends.

-r
Did S&M stop making the 5" ? All I see are 5.75" cruiser bars:

Our most popular sized cruiser bar made from straight guage .065" cro-mo for a little more strength than the super light 5.75" Race version. Both bars have the same dimensions, the Slam is better for larger/stronger riders or guys that do more than race on their cruisers.

Available in Black and Chrome

Width: 27"
Rise: 5.75"
Sweep: 10 degree
Up Sweep: 2.5 degree

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
someone at Eastern told me these are 2.5" rise (not sold separately) :

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
supercross makes a 5" bar...
thanks, just found it.

http://smartbikeparts.com/search_details.php?itm=HB9102
Supercross Pro Cruiser Bars Heat Treated 5" Rise Black
Part Number: HB9102
Category: BMX Handlebars
Manufacturer: Supercross
Model: Pro Cruiser
Manufacturer Part Number: PC-5-BLK
Retail Unit: 1

Supercross 5" Pro Cruiser bars

Item Specifications
Bar Clamp Diameter 22.2 mm
Bar Rise 127 mm
Color Black
Material CroMoly
Width 710 mm

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i just e-mailed kris gack to see what has been going on.....

and....supercrosss...

weird what you can find on google:

http://www.supercrossbmx.com/news03.html
5-12-03

Our new 2pc Heat Treated Pro Bars have been going great guns, currently they have only been available in the 8" rise, but we sent tubing to bend this monign for the new 4" rise Pro Cruiser bars and a few sets of 2.5" rise MTB Dirt Jump bars. Pic will be posted shortly.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
yeah S&M 5" are still made. check their site:
"This is our lowest cruiser bar.

Available in Black.

Width: 27"
Rise: 5"
Sweep: 10 degree
Up Sweep:2 degree
Cross Bar: 3/4"
Weight: 1 lb 9 oz (1.6 lbs) : 726 grams"

That gack webpage is 6 years old. I heard they were out of business a long time back.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
i just e-mailed kris gack to see what has been going on.....

and....supercrosss...

weird what you can find on google:

http://www.supercrossbmx.com/news03.html
5-12-03

Our new 2pc Heat Treated Pro Bars have been going great guns, currently they have only been available in the 8" rise, but we sent tubing to bend this monign for the new 4" rise Pro Cruiser bars and a few sets of 2.5" rise MTB Dirt Jump bars. Pic will be posted shortly.

I think Bill R @ Supercross made the 4" and 2.5" a few years ago and they might be gone. The 2.5's are just like the Atomlab Trailkings.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
I'm looking for a cruiser bar that is 29" wide. Im riding a 28 inch wide bar now but would like to go just a little wider. While searching, i found this site

http://immortisbmx.bigcartel.com/

and also stumbled onto this ridemonkey thread.

anyone have any experience with these guys. The Faust bars look good but i dont like only 7 degrees of back sweep.

the bucket bars look good if you're into a 4-piece set.

but both bars have only a 4 inch rise which is what cmc stated at the start of this thread so thought I'd post up here.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I'm looking for a cruiser bar that is 29" wide. Im riding a 28 inch wide bar now but would like to go just a little wider. While searching, i found this site

http://immortisbmx.bigcartel.com/

and also stumbled onto this ridemonkey thread.

anyone have any experience with these guys. The Faust bars look good but i dont like only 7 degrees of back sweep.

the bucket bars look good if you're into a 4-piece set.

but both bars have only a 4 inch rise which is what cmc stated at the start of this thread so thought I'd post up here.
this dude Seth from Immortis seems pretty cool based on BMXMuseum feedback http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/reputation.php?uid=24988 so i think i'll give them a shot....

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
a little experiment... swapped out Nemesis 3.25" weezy's (1/2" spacered up), for IMMORTIS 4" rise 4 piece, with OG KINK top loader flipped down and slammed, with 80mm travel Manitou Gold Label.... shape is reminiscent of hacked down S&M Castillo bars which are f-ing classic --i like 'em. we'll see....

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
ha, that IS f'in sweet dude. My setup requires a 5.5 or 6 inch rise but i might have to look into these!!!

Faust

Chimp
Oct 20, 2009
I have bought several bars from Seth at Immortis. They are tough as hell! I had been trying to get the "Faust" bar made for a long time to satisfy my demand for a very strong, wide, flat and slightly tall bar for 26" bikes. I am 6'3" with wide shoulders so I prefer less backsweep and a flatter feel. I had this Atomlab Trailpimp for several years before the Immortis bars brought the whole build together... with Seth's help, this bike turned out better than I could have ever imagined! All the other bars I tried were either too narrow or too low etc... these bars made it happen for me!

He also makes 8" rise bars with 32" width (so you can custom cut to your own desired width)... and 6" rise "Bucket Bars" are in the works now!

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
a little experiment... swapped out Nemesis 3.25" weezy's (1/2" spacered up), for IMMORTIS 4" rise 4 piece, with OG KINK top loader flipped down and slammed, with 80mm travel Manitou Gold Label.... shape is reminiscent of hacked down S&M Castillo bars which are f-ing classic --i like 'em. we'll see....
Cool, they look pretty good too. This something I am in need of as well. What is the width, backsweep/upsweep?

A 2 piece w/ those dimensions would be perfect for me.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
I have bought several bars from Seth at Immortis. They are tough as hell! I had been trying to get the "Faust" bar made for a long time to satisfy my demand for a very strong, wide, flat and slightly tall bar for 26" bikes. I am 6'3" with wide shoulders so I prefer less backsweep and a flatter feel. I had this Atomlab Trailpimp for several years before the Immortis bars brought the whole build together... with Seth's help, this bike turned out better than I could have ever imagined! All the other bars I tried were either too narrow or too low etc... these bars made it happen for me!

He also makes 8" rise bars with 32" width (so you can custom cut to your own desired width)... and 6" rise "Bucket Bars" are in the works now!

nice dude!!!!!! glad you found yur set up, looks good!!!!!!!

yes, yes, 6" rise buckets!!!!!!! how do you find out about these and when they're finished?!?!?!

Immortis

Chimp
Oct 21, 2009
Hey guys!!

Thanks for the excitement for our stuff. I have more 4" rise Bucket Bars in production as well as a 6" rise Bucket Bar. These should be done soon... not sure of the exact date yet though.

Immortis

Chimp
Oct 21, 2009
nice dude!!!!!! glad you found yur set up, looks good!!!!!!!

yes, yes, 6" rise buckets!!!!!!! how do you find out about these and when they're finished?!?!?!

The new 6" rise Bucket Bars will be available next week. We can also get them chromed as well since I found a plater here locally that I'm working with.

:thumb:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
stoked on the IMMORTIS bars on my MOLLY. still gotta get a better fork though. looking at getting a X-Fusion Velvet dropped to 60mm.

kremecheze

Chimp
Dec 20, 2009
i'm 6'4 and ride an eastern thunderbid with a 21.9 inch top tube,the bike is made to be small and have a bmx feel,but i just picked up a set of supercross bars with a 6' rise,since i have a 2.5 rise already with a .75 inch spacer on the stem,so i figure i can remove the spacer and have 5.25 rise or run an inverted stem setup if its still too high,i'll post some pics next week

kremecheze

Chimp
Dec 20, 2009
heres my setup,ran my stem inverted,the bars are a 5.5 rise,i'm 6'4 they are super comfotable,but i'm wondering if they are to high?they feel realy good but i could always go with some immortis 4' bucket bars if these are to high

kremecheze

Chimp
Dec 20, 2009
keep in mind that this bike is pretty much meant to have a bmx feel,comes with a 21.9 top tube,bmx stem and 2.75 rise stock,but i am just way to tall for the stock short bars,so i realy moved them up about 2.5 inches with almost no upsweep which which feels great,but you guys let me know if you think i should go a little lower,when i stand on the ground the bars come up to about the sack,pretty much where the shaft enter my pelvis,is that good?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
^
measure the end of your bars to the ground; measure the center of the BB to the ground. Subtract. Then compare that number to your other bikes and friend's bikes to see how much different this set-up is.

As far as whether it's "right": that is up to you. Does it feel good? Does it hop right and manual right?

I'm 6' and can't say I've ever tried a set-up that was way too high in front, so I'm not sure how it would feel. I'm guessing it would loop out too easily on manuals and bunnyhops would feel wrong as the front end came up too fast and/or you couldn't get the right pull on the bars.

Hope this helps.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
keep in mind that this bike is pretty much meant to have a bmx feel,comes with a 21.9 top tube,bmx stem and 2.75 rise stock,but i am just way to tall for the stock short bars,so i realy moved them up about 2.5 inches with almost no upsweep which which feels great,but you guys let me know if you think i should go a little lower,when i stand on the ground the bars come up to about the sack,pretty much where the shaft enter my pelvis,is that good?
i've noticed that sometimes extra-tall setups can feel good just cruising on the street, bunnyhopping etc. but then you realize is too tall when you start riding it on a bmx track, pump track, dirt jumps....

like rpet said, you need it in that middle area--where your bars are low enough to have some leverage to pull back on manualing through rollers and not loop out too easily, and low enough to be stable in the air and nosedive properly . . . but tall enough where you're not killing your lower back.

i can't really say what would be right for you, you'll just have to try some different setups and see what you like the best.... but i would guess your setup is a little too tall--i think the 4" rise Immortis bars would work really well for you, or put some spacers under some 3" rise bars....

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
just saw some of these . . . 4" rise Profile cruiser bars. . . great for a 26" bmx...

tootall

Chimp
Apr 14, 2011
About to get my first 26" jumpbike and am preparing for the possibility that the bars will be too low (I'm 6'6"). I have a 5" option (bars off my cruiser or other cruiser bars), a couple of 3" options (Atomlab General Issue 1pc. and DMR Wingbar 2pc.) Looking for a 4" option, would like to stay 22.2 clamp. I see the Immortis 4pc above but would also like a 1pc option. I like the NS Bikes District 1pc. bars, they look good, but does anybody know where to find them? Their website lists BTI as their US distributor but they don't have the District bar listed.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
this dude's bike looks pretty sick with 4 piece 4"s and rigid fork. with the stem slammed and inverted it's probably like riding 3.25" bars set up different ...
Hey! I've seen that bike before :D

Actually, I copied you when I saw your bike on this thread. The stem in the picture broke last summer and I have since replaced it w/ a black inverted Snap Products top loader. Otherwise it's the same and these bars are holding up fine.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
About to get my first 26" jumpbike and am preparing for the possibility that the bars will be too low (I'm 6'6"). I have a 5" option (bars off my cruiser or other cruiser bars), a couple of 3" options (Atomlab General Issue 1pc. and DMR Wingbar 2pc.) Looking for a 4" option, would like to stay 22.2 clamp. I see the Immortis 4pc above but would also like a 1pc option. I like the NS Bikes District 1pc. bars, they look good, but does anybody know where to find them? Their website lists BTI as their US distributor but they don't have the District bar listed.
I think I read somewhere that the NS District 4"s are not really 4" in the way that bmx'ers measure (center of bottom tube to center of grip tube); rather they are 4" from lowest point to highest point. So that would make them 7/8" lower or 3.125". Don't know if that's true or not, you may want to check.

Hey! I've seen that bike before :D

Actually, I copied you when I saw your bike on this thread. The stem in the picture broke last summer and I have since replaced it w/ a black inverted Snap Products top loader. Otherwise it's the same and these bars are holding up fine.
Heh heh, yeah, how come your Mob looks sweeter than mine then !? The rigids look rad with the bars for sure.

I didn't know if yours were S&M or Immortis. I've met the guy Seth from Immortis a couple of times since then, and he's stoked about 26" riders using them.

Pic from his booth at the Texas Vintage BMX Roundup at Empire a few weeks ago--he has them in raw as well:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
I think I read somewhere that the NS District 4"s are not really 4" in the way that bmx'ers measure (center of bottom tube to center of grip tube); rather they are 4" from lowest point to highest point. So that would make them 7/8" lower or 3.125". Don't know if that's true or not, you may want to check.

Heh heh, yeah, how come your Mob looks sweeter than mine then !? The rigids look rad with the bars for sure.

I didn't know if yours were S&M or Immortis. I've met the guy Seth from Immortis a couple of times since then, and he's stoked about 26" riders using them.

Pic from his booth at the Texas Vintage BMX Roundup at Empire a few weeks ago--he has them in raw as well:

Bought a old Trek bike a couple Months ago ,and made it into a free style mountain bike then hit it.off by adding some Gt handle bars.

Attachments