Quantcast

+/- 4", slack, longish FS frame ... what fits the bill?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm thinking about a FS frame to (sigh) replace my Sovereign. I've been half-assed looking, mostly at late model Spesh SX frames, a Commencial and a bunch of other crap.

What I'm looking for is ...
- about 4" travel
- longish TT (24"?) or 17"ish reach
- 'relaxed' HA ... maybe 68d.

Anything out there with these specs I should check out?

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Santa Cruz 5010?

It seems I read somewhere that it's a 4x bike turned trail bike 130/125mm travel.

I just bought one, should have it in a rideable state soon, but it checked off the longish, lowish, 4ish, funish boxes for me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Not open to 29ers. I ride my Sovereign primarily at jumps and street. A 29er wouldn't do. Besides I've got a great, inefficient, antiquated 26" trail bike!

I was thinking more along the lines of a "slopestyle type" bike. I found an SX which could be a good fit.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'd say skip the squishy bike for DJ and street and just go with a hardtail. The Evil Sovereign looks like a good fit for you, Nick... might wanna look at one of those.

DirtMerchant

Chimp
Apr 17, 2014
GT Distortion! It's been my trail ripper for the past two seasons. Unfortunately, I'm 6'4" so it's pretty tight on me. McCaul and Strait used the bike for SS...as it was meant to be.

There kinda difficult to get a hold of...oh wait, mines for sale.
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1664227/

Last edited:

SDet

Monkey
Nov 19, 2014
Boulder Co
GT Distortion! It's been my trail ripper for the past two seasons. Unfortunately, I'm 6'4" so it's pretty tight on me. McCaul and Strait used the bike for SS...as it was meant to be.

There kinda difficult to get a hold of...oh wait, mines for sale.
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1664227/
Dang, I wanted one of those, but the no frame only option steered me away. Still looks fun and not a bad price.