Quantcast

4 Wednesday 4

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
actually slept through the night,...win

for once I don't have the 0440 pick up I start at 0620. such the treat, I get to have coffee and oatmeal before heading off to work. Bonus points: all my runs are in town so maybe 90 miles of driving vs the 210 I did yesterday

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have been chasing a vibration in the front end of my suburban for the last couple weeks.

Has gotten new wheel bearings, definitely needed, new brakes, also needed, and new axles.... All the time the vibration has become more apparent and definitive....... Like foot massager in the gas pedal..... Turns out, in a 97 suburban, the rear ujoint will make the front end shake.....

Also....... Developed a trans leak... Was chasing that, and found a crack....... New transmission in my future...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A good Wednesday to you all.
I met SS yesterday for a beer and got a BIG ol bag of veggies from his garden. :drool:

Lots of work today, still shopping for new pedals. It seems like everything is out of stock.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well shucks, it would appear that plans for hunting season are now up in the air. Travel restrictions mean my pops and I can't continue the yearly tradition hunting with my bro in VT. Sad. :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I met SS yesterday for a beer and got a BIG ol bag of veggies from his garden. :drool:

Lots of work today, still shopping for new pedals. It seems like everything is out of stock.
Prolly gonna have to meet @Nick again next week to drink beer and get rid of a bunch more veggies. :homer:

So any of you :monkey: fools have a 26" 20mm wheel that you might want to get rid of? Looking for one to mate with Nick's old fork that he has for me... checking locally, but figured I may as well check here as well.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did not meet @Nick and @SkaredShtles for a beer yesterday, opted to prioritize getting the camper I sold delivered to its new owners and out of my driveway. Still wound up with a giant bag o’ veggies from SS. Hopefully the wasps didn’t get him.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Prolly gonna have to meet @Nick again next week to drink beer and get rid of a bunch more veggies. :homer:

So any of you :monkey: fools have a 26" 20mm wheel that you might want to get rid of? Looking for one to mate with Nick's old fork that he has for me... checking locally, but figured I may as well check here as well.
I may have one...disc combatible qr. Need to see if I still have it

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Universal has Race Face Atlases in stock. Cheaper if you can deal with red. I really liked mine.

i have a hope pro2 20mm hub if you want to build something up

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This may work if I can't find an already-built wheel. Checking to see if @stoney perhaps has one kicking around Chez Stone.
They should all be gone by now. What I do have will be shit parts though and not 20mm. You can pillage it for a rim though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
that dump i did not take monday now has a title...

there will be blood...

british guy on ebay unwilling to ship frame to states.....it would go w/rigid fork i has....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I had to clean up and vacate the Idaho shitbox for some random couple from the ridemonkey equivalent on the MD / Terps basketball forum I lurk on, who were in need of last minute Yellowstone housing

I scored one of the lucky 6 spots on Cliff Point, the only one with (the occasional) cell service thereby obviating the 5 min drive to top of the nearest hill to check in with my clients / "internet aquaintances...

IMG_20200902_120039.jpg

Winning

So this is my home office for the next luxurious 8 nights with a handful of days on both side without the family.

IMG_20200902_115752.jpg

Short commute from the office to the beach for a dusk kayak when the wind dies down...

IMG_20200902_115830.jpg

There was a burly looking rope already wedged in the crook of the hammock tree...

IMG_20200902_115814.jpg

I may even break my month+ dirt hiatus after a bit of work...

And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I'll have one more for dessert...
IMG_20200902_121405.jpg

Attachments

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Welp.....I think I'm done with solo night rides for......forever.

I was riding the trails behind my house, and wound up on a trail I hadn't found yet, that was as far away as my house as you could get. I was following it (barely) until I wound up in a parking lot for the camp that owns the land. Knowing I had to head in the opposite direction, I start back up the trail on foot as I had to go over some downed trees to get to the lot. About 100 yards into the woods, for seemingly no reason, I decide to look up the hill and to the left, to see 2 pairs of eyes glowing, staring straight at me about 75 yards away. I kept the light on them, hoping to make out what they were, but couldn't. I turned my helmet a bit to shine not-so-directly at them, only to tell they are definitely not deer, and both the fuckers start slowly moving towards me.

I immediately shine my lights back towards them, stick my bike in front of me and nope the fuck out of there, walking backward all the way to the lot, and riding the rode home.

Fuck. that. noise.