Quantcast

4 wheel downhill thing-a-ma-bobs

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
anyone have info on these 4 wheel downhill "things"? there are a few short clips of them in earthed. i guess they are designed for people who dont have the use of their legs? WELL F THAT!, I wanna freakin try one! are they manufactured en-mass? or are they one off things? more info!

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
They're spendy $$$! I'm not sure of any places that have em in Wash. but A buddy of mine (Kevin Bramble) is building them in Tahoe. I guess Big Bear CA is going to have a program this summer so you may have access to them if you get down this way.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by SebringMGB
anyone have info on these 4 wheel downhill "things"? there are a few short clips of them in earthed. i guess they are designed for people who dont have the use of their legs? WELL F THAT!, I wanna freakin try one! are they manufactured en-mass? or are they one off things? more info!

my condolences to your kineys

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Damn True
Jan Karpiel has built a couple of them as well. They look SICK!
Preconcieved opinions on the man aside, he's finishing one right now that is freakin awesome. I've seen it now in a couple of stages in development and I seriously want to ride it. He was talking about taking it out this week to test it out but I think I'll be working. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it. He's setting up the brakes to all work independently as well as both front/both back like most designs. Full carbon fiber bucket seat....purty

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
I work with a guy who rides one. Supposedly has 8 inches of independent travel on each wheel or something sick like that. I have yet to ride it :( .