Quantcast

40 Inverted damper Question

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Just picked up a 2011 40 used. Going to swap over to kashima stanchions and SKF seals but Im not really ultra familiar with the damper. Would I be correct in asserting that Ill only have to add lower lube oil since the damper is an enclosed bladder?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
If you look hard enough on fox's site. There's a tutorial on rebuilding a 40s dampner. And while you have it apart you should rebuild it, its not hard and the full kit with a bladder seal head and all o rings is 25 bucks. Who knows if the guy before ever changed the cart oil?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I was planning on doing the damper at the end of the season but right now I just want to get the kashima stanchions on and get it running. More time for overhaul when its snowy.

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Dont think so, although if you live in DC you should know me
I'm in dupont, used to live in adam's morgan and ride my black XL nomad all over the place.
I thought I had already met the 3 or 4 folks that ride DH in the area. Where do you live and where do you ride?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Live in silver spring and ride in either Frederick of go up to PA and ride. You can somtimes find me riding a blue STP around DC.