Quantcast

40 table tops a row ?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Any of yall been to Woodward MTB park, Fresno?

THE MAP OF THE PARK:
http://www.woodwardmtbpark.com/Map__files/Woodward%20Mountain%20Bike%20Park%20Final%20Plan.pdf

City of Fresno, California - Woodward Mountain Bike Skills Progression Park Design and Development

Hilride was hired to design, plan and oversee the construction of a 10-acre progression based mountain bike park at Fresno’s popular recreation destination Woodward Regional Park. Hilride’s design of the Woodward Mountain Bike Skills Progression Park is dubbed “The most progressive mountain bike park in California”. Hilride’s services also included the development of a risk management and signage program, a park website www.woodwardmtbpark.com and photo and video media development.

The ten acre mountain bike park provides progression based riding opportunities for beginner, intermediate and expert level riders. The park includes an “Air Downhill Trail” with 40 progressive table top jumps in a row, a cross country singletrack time trial course, a “North and South Shore” elevated progression trail with more than 1/4-mile of continuously elevated trail, five World Cup Trials zones, a pump track and more.

Links: www.woodwardmtbpark.com.

http://www.ccorc.com/06/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=37

Woodward Mountain Bike Park, Fresno, California

The City of Fresno is redesigning sections of Woodward Park to provide new and improved cycling opportunities. The City of Fresno hired HILRIDE to design a progression based mountain bike skills park at Woodward Park. HILRIDE is also developing a risk management plan, signage program and providing construction oversight.

The mountain bike skills progression park will be in a four acre area. In addition to the mountain bike skills park, a bmx park will also be built. The park will include jump progressions, turn progressions, pump progressions, rock progressions, balance features, a Super-D course, Trial courses, and more.

Nat and Rachael Lopes of HILRIDE Progression Development Group are dedicated to realizing the potential of the global mountain biking movement as a force for economic development, environmental conservation and the promotion of healthy, active communities. They provide progression based consulting services for the development of destinations, riding areas and mountain bike parks through integrated master planning and design, product and marketing media development and environmental resource consulting.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
We actually own a house across the street from it (now a long-term rental), but they built the park after we left Fresno. I have a buddy there who's ridden it; he says the tables are a bit short and ill-conceived, except for the massive pro BMX track. But sounds like there is some really fun stuff out there; I'd love to come back to check it out someday soon.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
ok heres the low down, riden this park a couple times and have talked to the builders as well.

these '40' tables are correct in #. however there on perrty much flat ground. spaced out WAY to far, u have to pedal like crazy between each to get speed to clear them, the transitions are not very good. the BMX is TITs. they have a sweet trials(yes trials) area. The jumps are defantly not worth it if u have to travel to it. there is about 10 or so that u can easily have enough speed to hit. they are bigger.

When i was last there i talked to the builders, i found them at a set of 3 VERY nice spaced/transitioned and size jumps. talked to them and they said that the desginers for the park made them do it like such. they plan on rebuilding it this spring. I will be out there again for Easter(family) and will check them out agian and get back to you to see how there doing.