Quantcast

$400.00 Cycling jacket

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
ok am I just outta touch. I ride a pretty decent set of bikes(1 road, 1 FR, 1 bmx,all three worth a pretty penny) I know tings are generally expensive. I worked in shops and sold goods, saw the mark ups and margins. But WTF. I do give a sh*t what the "technology" is , as my ex would say "That's some bullshti".

Castelli Quantum Radiation Jacket

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Italian clothes, great materials, great durability, supreme comfort.... then the castelli name. It all costs money. I have some shorts and stuff form them, love them to death.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
They have a flexible tv screen in the sleeves for watching vids?
Makes you coffee in the mornings?

I can understand spend that and more on a ski jacket, but cycling?

roaddog

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Cloud City, USA
slowly I am jumpn on the wagon. I like my Craft clothing alot, and they were high $$ for me. Love my Santini bib shorts. Gosh the $$ but I was still comfy after a 3 hour fast road ride. But my plaid shirt and trucker vest still work pretty good for the dirt jump park.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
On of our riders has that Castelli jacket on bro deal. It is, in fact, really nice, but if it's $400 worth of nice is debatable, but not totally out of the question if you have the scratch.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
If you are a roadie doing stage races, on your bike 6 hours a day for a week straight, high end clothing that will keep you warm and dry is worth every cent you pay for it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Castelli? Paying for the name.

You might convince me Assos is worth it, but that's it.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
If you are a roadie doing stage races, on your bike 6 hours a day for a week straight, high end clothing that will keep you warm and dry is worth every cent you pay for it.
But even those guys just grab a newspaper at the top of the climbs and shove it down the front of their jersey...

By the same token, those guys are all totally crazy masochists.

(Disclaimer...I have Castelli bibs and jerseys. The cheap ones...and they are nice.)