Quantcast

40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
im aware which is why i did not directly state the number. but your right i gave it away. which is the same thing.

each thing you just said is 100% true. i just dislike people calling me spoiled, yes i know its true, but its because my family can afford it. and thats poor form saying that as well.

i do all that im expected to do from my parents and for that the reward me, which they dont need to do, tey just like to. so you could say, im like a dog, get treats for doing the right thing
if you don't like people calling you spoiled, then don't spread the word that you don't have a job and do hw and ride all day. i still don't understand how any of this response justifies your previous statements or makes them sound any less asshole-ish. you say that you do all your parents ask you to do, but that doesn't make anything sound better since they don't want you to do much in the first place. don't use your gpa to justify it either, i guarantee you there are other people on this board that have a better gpa than you. if the only reason you are trying in school is because you're just doing what your parents tell you to do so you can get rewarded, you have some serious self re-evaluation to do.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
nice ride, i almost bought that same seat in whistler, eastern was trying to get rid of it for like $10 or $15. i should have gotten it.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
wow this devolved fast. nice bike eren, don't get so defensive, but also, seriously guys, calling somebody a spoiled peice of **** because their parents help them pay for their bikes or whatever is totally uncalled for.

pretty much every subsequent thing that people in this thread said made things worse, maybe chill out.

back on topic....

i heard that the new ironhorse race downhill bike will be a singlepivot with 11 inches of travel with a 2.25in stroke shock, and the frame will weight 16 lbs. It will be called "Crusher"

lets see some sub 40 lb builds of THAT baby!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
if you don't like people calling you spoiled, then don't spread the word that you don't have a job and do hw and ride all day. i still don't understand how any of this response justifies your previous statements or makes them sound any less asshole-ish. you say that you do all your parents ask you to do, but that doesn't make anything sound better since they don't want you to do much in the first place. don't use your gpa to justify it either, i guarantee you there are other people on this board that have a better gpa than you. if the only reason you are trying in school is because you're just doing what your parents tell you to do so you can get rewarded, you have some serious self re-evaluation to do.
first of all
i DO! have a job and i stated that. i work at a cycle shop

and second
i said, about all i pay for is my bikes.

and cool, i know people have higher gpa's, i was just saying what they want. and i dont do it for them, i do it for myself, so i ca graduate from a good college, and so i can make enough money someday to be able to afford the expensive lifestyle of mountain biking. Its for me not them.

read my posts in this thread before you read the one bad one and go off on me. everything you stated was false, i have a job, pay for my bikes, and get good grades for myself and my future

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
first of all
i DO! have a job and i stated that. i work at a cycle shop

and second
i said, about all i pay for is my bikes.

and cool, i know people have higher gpa's, i was just saying what they want. and i dont do it for them, i do it for myself, so i ca graduate from a good college, and so i can make enough money someday to be able to afford the expensive lifestyle of mountain biking. Its for me not them.

read my posts in this thread before you read the one bad one and go off on me. everything you stated was false, i have a job, pay for my bikes, and get good grades for myself and my future
sorry for ripping on you about the job part, my bad, that and paying for your bikes will kind of go hand in hand (at least in most cases). just the way you had phrased things earlier made it seem to me like you were just trying to appeal to your parents so they'll buy you stuff. if you do pay for your own bikes, then how did your parents get involved in this sh!tstorm?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
why can't you just leave him well enough alone. most of the misunderstanding, with exception of one comment Eren himself admitted was in poor taste, was because you an a few others, in your haste to call him a spoiled brat, completely missed the part were he said he works in a shop and gets a deal from turner. He wouldn't seem so spoiled if you did a better job reading his posts in the first place.:disgust1:

in short: go back to posting pictures.

i've never weighed it, but it's not heavy.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Poonster wins the award for posting a picture of his bike in the greatest number of different threads in less than a week:busted:

But that's okay, not everyone is fortunate enough to experience Sunday pride.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
poonstar- does your bike have a dhx on it or is my eye sight going?

i dont quite understand the need for the vivid link if there isn't going to be a vivid along with it.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC

i dont quite understand the need for the vivid link if there isn't going to be a vivid along with it.
Factory frames come with a DHX, World Cup completes come with a Vivid. Hence the need to have a Vivid compatible lower link.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

i don't see the need for them to make 2 links if they can make one that's compatible with both shocks:lighten:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i though all the new sundays came with vivids, so i was wondering where it was. i though the factory frames comes with a vivid? the couple i have seen here came with a dhx and the old lower link, go ride states that the factory frame comes with a vivid. typo?

yea, probably a typo, ih web site says dhx.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
Poonster wins the award for posting a picture of his bike in the greatest number of different threads in less than a week:busted:

But that's okay, not everyone is fortunate enough to experience Sunday pride.
General !...I just wanted to thank everyone who has made this dream build possible...I'd like to thank ; Go-Ride, Jesus, Ironhorse, Mom and Dad for making this dream possible...thank you everyone LOL :imstupid:

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008

My sunday factory came with a Fox DHX 5...but i'm waiting on delivery for a Vivid and CCDB...not that there is anything wrong with DHX...but i would have liked it with the vivid as I have a Kona Stab with a FOX. I was told that all the factory frame sets where spec with DHX's and only the world cup complete bikes had Vivids...but it wouldn't suprise me if that were to change later in the year.

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
35.9 pounds. Cane Creek is a nice upgrade from last years Fox, if you have the time to tune it. E13 chain guide seems noisier in white. New 2008 Boxxer feels improved, maybe only cuz its new. Will the Xt cranks handle rocks?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
that is very true poonstar, but the only problem is that the early production sunday framesets will not accept a vivid. they need a special recces in the link to accomodate on of the adjuster knobs. although i do hear that will be available.:clapping:

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
35.9 pounds. Cane Creek is a nice upgrade from last years Fox, if you have the time to tune it. E13 chain guide seems noisier in white. New 2008 Boxxer feels improved, maybe only cuz its new. Will the Xt cranks handle rocks?
:clapping:HOT ride! 35.9 is sick...maybe one day my sunday will loose some fat and get there too lol.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
that is very true poonstar, but the only problem is that the early production sunday framesets will not accept a vivid. they need a special recces in the link to accomodate on of the adjuster knobs. although i do hear that will be available.:clapping:
The Official Iron Horse Sunday/DW-Link Tech. & Tuning Section p. 75, courtesy of Acadian:

it will fit but you need to bust out the dremel and hand files and mod the lower link. you just need to file a bit of material to clear the resi.

Obviously IH does not officially recommend this modification, but it would take someone special to mess it up.

Jase76

Monkey
Aug 10, 2007
Australia

That is sofaking nice man! :)

As for the XT cranks its all up to how you ride. I have been riding some rocky tracks down here and haven't had a problem yet, if I do Gravity Lights fit the bill for a replacement pretty nicely.

How different is the CCDB to the DHX on that frame?

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
Within 10 meters I could tell a difference. The Cane Creek shock felt glued to the ground. A little hard to get used to really. I am used to hopping the Socom over most obstacles. For the first couple days I made adjustments every run and dialed the shock in to be a little more lively. I can't imagine anybody being unsatisfied with a Cane Creek, as you can adjust it to do anything and the damping is so amazing. Even running a lighter spring than the Fox it almost never bottoms.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Within 10 meters I could tell a difference. The Cane Creek shock felt glued to the ground. A little hard to get used to really. I am used to hopping the Socom over most obstacles. For the first couple days I made adjustments every run and dialed the shock in to be a little more lively. I can't imagine anybody being unsatisfied with a Cane Creek, as you can adjust it to do anything and the damping is so amazing. Even running a lighter spring than the Fox it almost never bottoms.
more pictures please :monkeydance:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
What in the hell how whould a white lg-1 be louder then a black. Very nice bike though.
Many plastics show a noticable difference in durometer and durability with changing amounts (colors) of pigments. You will a lot of times see a 'sales sample' of some product in clear, yet that product would never last without pigment.

Ski/snowboard boots and bindings are shown with clear outers....but NEVER sold as such due to the lack of pigment. Skateboard wheels are are significantly harder in lighter colors, and softer/more durable in darker colors...etc.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007

Crappy action shots, mate was playing with new camera. Anyways- 40.2lb as it sits with high rollers. Plenty to come.