Quantcast

40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well how much would one be complete haha. I'm getting a super deal on the dhr, same with the Wildcard so that's why there my main two options.
Btw I don't want a transition (br is what you probably meant) and Intense is too $$$.
How much would a Jedi frame run?
They are $3100 this year frame only!!!
If you can find a used one theyd be cheaper but thats next to impossible. Hell I search canfields for sale all the time and its near non existance. Call Chris he might be selling his from what he told me. Hes in maui right now and in a super good mood so it might be a goood time to hit him up! He calls to rub it in :mad:. His co. # goes to his cell and hes always down to chat. Its 4:30 pm there right now!
801-548-2556 Chris #

-fysh-

Chimp
Jan 7, 2009
Gnarcal
If you can find a used one theyd be cheaper but thats next to impossible. Hell I search canfields for sale all the time and its near non existance. Call Chris he might be selling his from what he told me. Hes in maui right now and in a super good mood so it might be a goood time to hit him up! He calls to rub it in :mad:. His co. # goes to his cell and hes always down to chat. Its 4:30 pm there right now!
801-548-2556 Chris #
Thanks a lot for that info! I don't think I could afford anywhere CLOSE to that price.
I'm getting the full dhr with boxxer wc, x0, thompson, dt swiss wheels for under $3000.
That or the Wildcard! I hate making decisions.

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
801-548-2556 Chris #
Where did you hear 3100$/frame? Still says 2700 w/DHX on their website. Chris is awesome, he gave me 200$ off one because it got a small dent during shipping on the tube connecting the seat tube to the top tube.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004

It's a pretty sturdy build actually
  • 2007 Orange 224
  • Fox DHX 5 with Obtanium Ti spring
  • Boxxer WC
  • Avid Juicy 5 brakes with Straitline levers 8" front, 6" rear
  • Sunline V One bar, grips and stem
  • SDG I beam post and I-fly saddle
  • Crank Bros Opium C headset
  • X9 shifter, X0 derailleur
  • Shimano SLX Cranks
  • Wellgo MG-1 pedals
  • Gamut P30 guide, E13 36 tooth chainring
  • Sram 970 11-23 cassette, Sram 970 chain
  • Mavic 823/Hope Pro II
  • Maxxis Minion UST

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
No it doesn't.
Who cares? They're still in mark 1 prototype testing phase, you guys have been very clear about that, and you're one of the few companies I've seen to do that right. I've heard of several issues that would be issues on a production bike, but from the sounds of it you've been great at getting them sorted quickly and everybody is pumped on the final bike!

builttoride

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
Who cares? They're still in mark 1 prototype testing phase, you guys have been very clear about that, and you're one of the few companies I've seen to do that right. I've heard of several issues that would be issues on a production bike, but from the sounds of it you've been great at getting them sorted quickly and everybody is pumped on the final bike!
Ah...It sounds like you are getting confused with the legend, thats completely different.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Fyck me I'm an idiot.

Norbar, I wouldn't stress. The only one I heard of is that a couple of the CS's have cracked in the same place. I think they've already fixed it, and unless they say otherwise, plan for that release.

builttoride

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
The small issues with the legend will all be sorted before release, don't worry. None of the issues are big enough to make the bikes unrideable by any means, just a few things need tweaked as expected with a pre production frame.

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
Did I already post mine here? It is 40,3 lbs and I love the ride! the weight was reached when I changed to race face Atlas FR instead of Saint

Last edited:

cubebiker

Chimp
Apr 9, 2008
Yes the 5.9 Kilos is the large frame with the shipped Roco shock equipped with a 400 steel spring.
A heavy thing...

alaska

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
Thanks, I'm happy how it turned out and pumped to ride it. That Jedi you have is sweet lookin btw.

tahoetoad

Chimp
Jul 21, 2007
Ok here is my ride. Polished Socom w/ Fox 40, Azonic Outlaws, Hayes Stroker Ace's, MRP G2, Saint Cranks, XT drive train, blah blah. Weight...well...about 42 lbs. Hey I am not the skinny kid on the block, so either is my bike.

Attachments

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ok here is my ride. Polished Socom w/ Fox 40, Azonic Outlaws, Hayes Stroker Ace's, MRP G2, Saint Cranks, XT drive train, blah blah. Weight...well...about 42 lbs. Hey I am not the skinny kid on the block, so either is my bike.
Nice, 42 is good anyhting between 34-43 is good 44 and above theres just too many areas to shave a lb or 2 and do it easily as well as keep it stout!
Looks good! :thumb: Alot of work in the polishing.

tahoetoad

Chimp
Jul 21, 2007
Thanks. I could get it down in the weight, but hey it all works so why change it. Had to increase the spring in the fork and that sucker is most of the weight on the bike.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thanks. I could get it down in the weight, but hey it all works so why change it. Had to increase the spring in the fork and that sucker is most of the weight on the bike.
If it works dont change it, I think everyone has a weight which they like best and or feel comfortable. So the lightest bike isnt always the best option, theres things I like when my bikes at 38lbs and theres stuff I like at 35lb +.
I do appreciate a 2.5 or 2.7 DH front and 2.5 dh rear at bootleg which increases the weight significantly but also handles the moon rocks there. Most of the time its 2.35/2.35 or 2.35/2.5 DH or UST.
Did the drop at the bike park and overshot to atleast 10' down (almost flat with bumps) and still managed to rail the berm out at the bottom. New line proved to be faster and overshot it. I can say at the light weight now it handled faster out of the berm! :D
Note: wrists stung pretty bad!

Last edited: