Quantcast

40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Definately 09 deemax would look better with this bike. Also 0.5pound less is quite usefull ;)

Still it looks pretty nice.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia

My Trek Session 88. Weighing in at 40 and a bit pounds with Intense 4 ply rubber in the rear. Looking for 38 ish with my DH16's run tubeless.
Will also be putting new style Saint cranks on when the 165's become available.
Tempted by some 09 Deemax wheels in pimpy silver too ;)
How does it ride? Are you sponsored or did you buy it outright? I can't imagine it being as good as it has been hyped, with such a low pivot. I bet it feels like it turns fast though. How is it on the brakes? Any squat? Rough tracks(square edge hits)does it buck and bounce a lot? Does look great.

Last edited:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland

Not sure if I posted this in here or not, oh well.

2009 Commencal Team DH- 40.89lbs
Boxxer Team
dhx 5.0
Funn Integ Stem
Bontrager Bars
2.5 Kenda Nevegals (not in picture)
FSA Gravity Cranks
e13 lg1 guide
xt shifter
105 short cage
DH tubes
mavic 721's

gixme

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Maine
2005 Turner DHR, 41 lbs. on bathroom scale
Boxxer Team
Avy DHS w/Ti spring 450lb.
Atlas AM crank, Gamut chain guide
823 rims w/Ringle fron/Hadley rear hubs
Diabolus bar
Thompson seatpost
Sunline DM stem
Formula Mega brakes 203/185, G2 rotors
X9 der./shifter
Selle San Marco seat
Mich. DH24 tires UST
SRAM 990 cassette 11-26
Odi Rogue grips
Atomlab Aircorps pedals

Attachments

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
2008 turner dhr w. fox dhx 5.0
RockShock boxxer WC
chris king headset
sunline bar/stem
juicy 7s
truvativ holzfellor OCTs
gamut p40
crank bros. 5050xx
x9 shifter & der.
dura ace 11-23 cassette
thompson post w. SDG ti fly saddle
823s on dt swiss 440fr hubs
maxxis minion dhf 2.5 UST front & rear

currently weighing in at 38.7 pounds, very respectable for a solid and durable build. this bike absolutely rips.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Go-ride has them from like a month.
I think there was also painted exactly like this one in the classfields section ;)
I have the 09 frame with 08 paint, it was a preproduction thing as far as I know, maybe my 'contact' can clear that up if I'm incorrect. I got mine through one of their 'preferred east coast distributors'.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
2008 turner dhr w. fox dhx 5.0
RockShock boxxer WC
chris king headset
sunline bar/stem
juicy 7s
truvativ holzfellor OCTs
gamut p40
crank bros. 5050xx
x9 shifter & der.
dura ace 11-23 cassette
thompson post w. SDG ti fly saddle
823s on dt swiss 440fr hubs
maxxis minion dhf 2.5 UST front & rear

currently weighing in at 38.7 pounds, very respectable for a solid and durable build. this bike absolutely rips.
nice turner ! that's a good set up also .

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
I have the 09 frame with 08 paint, it was a preproduction thing as far as I know, maybe my 'contact' can clear that up if I'm incorrect. I got mine through one of their 'preferred east coast distributors'.
i've heard it's team only, weird. got mine coming in january though :) friend got his from commencal a week ago and it was white, but talked to my bike shop and they said its pre production. strange

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
As far as I know the frames that we have (all 3 of us from the baltimore area) are what they're calling preproduction, meaning they have the 08' team style paint job as well as swingarms that have a problem that needed to be fixed before the general release.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Nothing serious as of yet, but there was a rumour there may be some cracking in the welds around the dropouts due to a problem during heat treating. They've since remedied this.

I've personally have had some problems with the pivots loosening up, though thats more than likely due to normal break in of the bearings. Plus, if the bike is being taken care of its not a stretch to do a bolt check before every ride.

The bike is rad, and I love the hell out of mine. This thing is the real deal as far as dh race bikes goes.

ktm379

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007

FRAME/SIZE : 08 Turner DHR, Medium
BIKE WEIGHT: 37.4
FORK: Boxxer WC ( with some special sauce)
SHOCK: Fox DHX 5.0 W/ DHX ti spring
Brakes: Formula K24
Rims: DeeMax Tubless ( race wheels DT SWISS 5.0)
Hubs: DeeMax ( race hubs Hadley)
Tires: Michelin
Tubes: None
Shifter: SRAM X.0
Derailleur: SRAM X.0
Cogset: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-21
Cranks and BB: Gravity Lites
Pedals: Syncross Mags
Ring: 37t E-thirteen
Guide: E13 LG1
Seatpost: Thompson Masterpiece 27.2
Seat: Selle Italia Slr
Grips: sunline
Stem: Sunline direct mount
Handlebar: Sunline V-One 31.5in wide

ktm379

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007
yeah i took some ti conduite and cut them to length and put them in the bar about 1 in and cut some old bars and put them over the conduite

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008

New Demo 7 - 2008 frame, with a lot of the stuff from my Norco Team DH (from earlier in this thread). 38.82 as she sits.
New lowers on the forks
SLX cranks
E13 ring
Hope Pro 2 hub

I have some Ashima rotors to fit which will drop 1/4 of a pound, and a Ti spring in the works which will do a similar lightening.
It would be nice to match a Hope hub on the front with the same rim, which would save me another 1/3 pound, but that will have to weight (<< ;-) )

Super low and nice and light. This is my third Demo (05 and 06), i didn't like the weight in the back end feel to the previous bikes, but didn't realise until i was able to ride one of the pre prod Bighit 3s with the 26" rear wheel. That design felt much more lively than the Demo, hence the Brodie Devo in 07 and the Norco TDH in 08. Hopefully the new design keeps the faith, but is more lively due to lower weight..

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
Yes. Look at the saddle, post, tires, and cranks. He also has Juicy Carbon levers and a Sunline V1 bar, which only weighs what, 238 grams? The e13 guide ring only weighs 38 grams too.

richy_a2r

Chimp
Dec 26, 2007
New Demo 7 - 2008 frame, with a lot of the stuff from my Norco Team DH (from earlier in this thread). 38.82 as she sits.
New lowers on the forks
SLX cranks
E13 ring
Hope Pro 2 hub

I have some Ashima rotors to fit which will drop 1/4 of a pound, and a Ti spring in the works which will do a similar lightening.
It would be nice to match a Hope hub on the front with the same rim, which would save me another 1/3 pound, but that will have to weight (<< ;-) )

Super low and nice and light. This is my third Demo (05 and 06), i didn't like the weight in the back end feel to the previous bikes, but didn't realise until i was able to ride one of the pre prod Bighit 3s with the 26" rear wheel. That design felt much more lively than the Demo, hence the Brodie Devo in 07 and the Norco TDH in 08. Hopefully the new design keeps the faith, but is more lively due to lower weight..
your front rotor is installed backwards

Last edited:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I just bought these super light-weight 30 inch bars this guy machined. He said he would machine anything for you as long as you give him the money.

He has a video of his shop. It has a weird intro to it.

Last edited: