Quantcast

40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle

Current setup weighs about 38.5 lbs.

I was, admittedly, a bit skeptical about the air shock at first. But all my inhibitions pretty much disappeared after getting it dialled-in and some trail time. Some might consider it a "compromise" compared to a coil shock, and while for some places/terrain, I definitely agree -- but for all-around riding, I'm very satisfied with how it performs.

Huge thanks to dw/Philip/e*thirteen for the "custom" chainguide!! It's way sturdier than my former Gamut guide held on by 1 bolt...

Tires are: single-ply High Roller rear, one-and-a-half-ply Chunder SX front. Running bulk (Kenda?) tubes. I usually run dual-ply's tubeless for rougher terrain (read: NOT the Bay Area...).

The Risse top crown looks totally out've place, but I got it for [way] cheaper than what the stock Fox one sells for at dealer cost.

I've been in love with this frame since the day I got it (a long, long time ago). I wanted a bike that could withstand the regular abuse that comes with DH and to be honest, I'm pretty amazed it's lasted this long without any catastrophic problems. *knocks on wood* I don't know what I'll replace it with when it does finally break beyond repair, but I can only hope that whatever that frame is, it lasts just as long and keeps me smiling like this one does.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
i weighed it in at 40.56. hopefully that's accurate. 105 cassette/Derailer soon as well as hunting for a ti sping. Also a single track wheel set is being built for it

Jase76

Monkey
Aug 10, 2007
Australia
Rotec RL9 Medium, Ano Black.
Vivid with 425Lb Obtanium spring
2010 Boxxer Team fork
Holzfeller DM stem with Ti bolts
Burgtec RideWide 750mm bars
823's on Hadley with revo spokes
09 Saint cranks and brakes
Dura-Ace Derailleur, Saint shifter
19KG / 41Lb

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
Here's mine too, coming in at just under 40lbs on my scales.....

Much like those above, Fox 40 rc2 Ti sprung, Pushed Roco WC-Ti spring, 823 on hadley hubs, Fli XXL bars etc etc...

I love it.

nenjarickard

Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Gothenburg, Sweden.
Took some time to get the money but now my bike is completely race ready except titanium springs. Pretty sure it is at or very close 17.9kg, getting real weight asap.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Rotec RL9 Medium, Ano Black.
Vivid with 425Lb Obtanium spring
2010 Boxxer Team fork
Holzfeller DM stem with Ti bolts
Burgtec RideWide 750mm bars
823's on Hadley with revo spokes
09 Saint cranks and brakes
Dura-Ace Derailleur, Saint shifter
19KG / 41Lb

Dude, I am one of those guys that really deosnt get impressed over the look of a bike....But god damn, that is straight pimpness right there. Very, Very nice!!! I would be scared to **** to put that beutifal machine on the shuttle bus.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj

sorry for the crappy picture! its from my cellphone. after the first day of riding it

the site say its 40.70 lbs but i cut my seat post and put on my time pedals and lighter tubes so its around 40... ill get it on the scale soon...

Last edited:

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Just a quick 'nearly finished' picture of the Socom since its recent freshen up (appologies for very poor quality picture - phone) after the fitment of the -1.5 cups. Gives us a 65.1deg head angle from 66.6deg. - Finished build & better pictures soon to come.

Weight i expect is at or around the 40pound mark - likely under.

Spec:

- Intense Socom, Medium, Works Components -1.5deg offset headcups, RS Vivid shock, Mirror polished.
- Boxxer WC
- Point One Racing Stem
- KCNC Scandium Bar, 710mm
- Formula Oro Brakes with 203 / 180mm Alligator gold 'saw' rotors. (To be replaced by new cirrus)
- 09 Saint shifter with Dura Ace rear derailleur fitted with gold KCNC jockey wheels
- Titanium Cassette & Tinitride KCNC chain.
- 165mm XT Chainset with 36t ring & E13 LG1.
- KCNC Post (to be replaced with a more heavy duty model) & Ti SLR saddle.
- Hope Pro 2 Rear, Syncros front, odd mavic rims with 2.5 highroller's - XC / Unbranded tubes.
- Shimano DX pedals (To be replaced with HT components flats when they arrive)

Ti spring, Stans Rims, Alligator Gold cable housing, Cirrus rotors & some of our own brand bars / seatpost are soon to come to complete - Ill get better pictures uploaded soon and try and show the change in head angle in more detail.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Beautiful bike, but how did you manage to build such heavy bike with this frame and such components?

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Thankyou, im sure it probably is under 40lbs at the moment but having not weighed it i dont know what it will come in at - finished build and a weight to come soon.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Just got few upgrades from las posting so i though i give it a go. The bike is just as how it was raced this weekend on the world cup in vallnord, only difference is I raced with a RC4 and here is a DHX5, all the other is same, even number plate on it and some mud, hehe!

Final weight is 15.8kg (34.83lbs) that should drop 300gr to 15.5kg (34.17lbs) once i get the world cup boxxer, here is with a Race one(rock shox claims 317gr difference) and some almost 200gr more with new prototype the one's 15.3kg (33.73lbs).

Frame: Mondraker ZERO prototype (3.04kg no shock, with head cups, CS adjusters, shock bolts,...)
Fork: Boxxer race 2010
Cranks: XTR 165mm
Pedals: Mallet 3
Brakes: The one 200mm front and rear
Spring: Obtanium 300lbs
Shock: Fox DHX5
Chainguide: e13 LG1
Chain: Shimano
Derrelleur: XTR with saint short cage
Wheels: Deetracks hubs, dt spokes and 321 rims
Tires: Minion Fr 2.5 front and rear
Tubes: Kenda 2.5"
Sproket: XTR 7 speed
Seat post: On Off carbon
Seat: Selle italia SLR
Stem: Prototype (109gr with all Ti hardware).
Handlebar: Mondraker decline 740mm
Grips: Odi Rufian
Trigger: XTR

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Just got few upgrades from las posting so i though i give it a go. The bike is just as how it was raced this weekend on the world cup in vallnord, only difference is I raced with a RC4 and here is a DHX5, all the other is same, even number plate on it and some mud, hehe!

Final weight is 15.8kg (34.83lbs) that should drop 300gr to 15.5kg (34.17lbs) once i get the world cup boxxer, here is with a Race one(rock shox claims 317gr difference) and some almost 200gr more with new prototype the one's 15.3kg (33.73lbs).

Frame: Mondraker ZERO prototype (3.04kg no shock, with head cups, CS adjusters, shock bolts,...)
Fork: Boxxer race 2010
Cranks: XTR 165mm
Pedals: Mallet 3
Brakes: The one 200mm front and rear
Spring: Obtanium 300lbs
Shock: Fox DHX5
Chainguide: e13 LG1
Chain: Shimano
Derrelleur: XTR with saint short cage
Wheels: Deetracks hubs, dt spokes and 321 rims
Tires: Minion Fr 2.5 front and rear
Tubes: Kenda 2.5"
Sproket: XTR 7 speed
Seat post: On Off carbon
Seat: Selle italia SLR
Stem: Prototype (109gr with all Ti hardware).
Handlebar: Mondraker decline 740mm
Grips: Odi Rufian
Trigger: XTR
cesar cuando vamos a ver ese marco en produccion?

Nilsson

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
Sweden
My new ride. :) the weight is 17,8 KG

-09 Trek Session 88
-08 Boxxer Team
MRP G2
Shimano Saint -09
Avid Juicy 5
Mavic EX721 rims on Hope Pro II hubs
Maxxis Minion DHF 26 x 2.5 3C

Jase76

Monkey
Aug 10, 2007
Australia
Dude, I am one of those guys that really deosnt get impressed over the look of a bike....But god damn, that is straight pimpness right there. Very, Very nice!!! I would be scared to **** to put that beutifal machine on the shuttle bus.
Thanks. Don't worry, straight after these shots were taken it was a full day of runs and shuttles. She's there to get ridden.:brows: