Quantcast

45' Creek Gap, It did go off & will continue!

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Let's hear it for the Silverton Mt team. Damn good job. They said they were gonna make Silverton a world class freeride destination, and, damn if they aren't out to a good start

I don't know where the jump Mikes talking about is. But, I can guarantee things are getting bigger in NC. Why just a couple weeks ago Murphy dropped over 23'. This weekend we're gonna see a new gap hit that promices over 25' and could drop 20'.

Those ain't pink bike figures, and certainly big by East Coast standards.

I'm just happy to be responsible for them happening. And, as long as peeps keep cleaning 'em safely, I'll keep pushing the window. Got a 35' road gap up my sleeve. And Big Huckin' Rock is callin' me out.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
TM1 said:
Let's hear it for the Silverton Mt team. Damn good job. They said they were gonna make Silverton a world class freeride destination, and, damn if they aren't out to a good start

I don't know where the jump Mikes talking about is. But, I can guarantee things are getting bigger in NC. Why just a couple weeks ago Murphy dropped over 23'. This weekend we're gonna see a new gap hit that promices over 25' and could drop 20'.

Those ain't pink bike figures, and certainly big by East Coast standards.

I'm just happy to be responsible for them happening. And, as long as peeps keep cleaning 'em safely, I'll keep pushing the window. Got a 35' road gap up my sleeve. And Big Huckin' Rock is callin' me out.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
What can I say. There are pics posted on trianglemtb.com

Big Mike you had your invite months ago to check this stuff out. Not my fault you didn't come down with a camera.

Well I have been away.....
I have a couple of questions.
Is this gap available for anyone to hit?.. What are the restrictions?.. Is there an additional athelete waiver to sign?
I am Curious as this may provide impetus for making Silverton a destination on our filming trips this season.
My final question is will this gap be open/available late in the season?
Please PM me with answers if they are known.

pugslybell

Chimp
Jan 23, 2002
Durango Colorado
Was there wed closed, Call erin brill if you want to shoot it he owns the resort. Aslo they are closing the lift on sept 6th. Snow is likely starting mid too late sept.
steve

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I wouldn't be ANXIOUS to, but I would probably hit it. That's kind of a small issue within our crew... we haven't really backed down from anything we've come across, and that is NOT bragging, I have a lot of injuries from the old "just give it a go, you never know!" And I'm really not that fond of booters off ladders! At ALL! Nothing like being up in the air and then hitting a jump! Yuck. But, I've smeared myself all over worse landings, so why not that beauty?
Here's a quick shot of me doing my best Bender impression over our local Gully Gap. And for you guys questioning the 45' distance of the Silverton Creek Jump, the gully pictured is only like 26' from end of ramp to the "gotta-make-it-to-this-point-to-survive" point on the other side. We land at about 30' or so. My first attempt was ENTIRELY too fast, the jump didn't "boot" like I expected, and I left the ramp all wrong and landed on my damn face! Broke both pinkies in the process. This was immediately afterwards...broken fingers and all. Out of fear of another faceplant I looped out on this one and then did the butt-slide since I couldn't reach any brakes with two broken fingers left to try to hold grips. Whatever, I made it atleast, and was still smiling!

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
THRILLSEEKA said:
I wouldn't be ANXIOUS to, but I would probably hit it. That's kind of a small issue within our crew... we haven't really backed down from anything we've come across, and that is NOT bragging, I have a lot of injuries from the old "just give it a go, you never know!" And I'm really not that fond of booters off ladders! At ALL! Nothing like being up in the air and then hitting a jump! Yuck. But, I've smeared myself all over worse landings, so why not that beauty?
Here's a quick shot of me doing my best Bender impression over our local Gully Gap. And for you guys questioning the 45' distance of the Silverton Creek Jump, the gully pictured is only like 26' from end of ramp to the "gotta-make-it-to-this-point-to-survive" point on the other side. We land at about 30' or so. My first attempt was ENTIRELY too fast, the jump didn't "boot" like I expected, and I left the ramp all wrong and landed on my damn face! Broke both pinkies in the process. This was immediately afterwards...broken fingers and all. Out of fear of another faceplant I looped out on this one and then did the butt-slide since I couldn't reach any brakes with two broken fingers left to try to hold grips. Whatever, I made it atleast, and was still smiling!

that pic should be in the barhump thread. :eek:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Zach Dank said:
that pic should be in the barhump thread. :eek:
Yeah...but I didn't want to put everyone else to shame. I am the Hump Master. Actually, I have no in-between, it's either humped or I'm trying to like the tranny before putting tires on it! I'm a hack...but it's still fun!