Quantcast

45' Creek Gap, It did go off & will continue!

Silverton Mt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Here's the proof and fuel for the fire. 4 riders killed it all day on the big hit. No need to be a player hater here. Either you have the skills or you don't. Most don't. But we were all impressed with their skills. 3 out of 4 are unknown soldiers and unsponsored. Either way, we feel like giving them a place to test their skills. No place including Crankworx gives the unknown rider a place to hit jumps like these at a lift served event. Butter. Hope to see you soon in Silverton! plenty of good shots will be posted in next few days at silvertonmountain.com

Attachments

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
narlus said:
so did we ever find out if self-professed freerider gonzostrike has done a 10' gap?

on the other hand (re: photo) - HOT DAMN.
lmao....not possible for him...his man boobs would flop too much on the landing...but he can borrow one of my bras if he wants to try...

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
that is pretty big, so was this a big air exposition? cool idea, props to the first guy to hit it! lemming of the year award

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i must say, as for someone whose not into the bender-sized drops and jumps, i am thouroughly impressed with those guys hitting that gap.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Transcend said:
Good to see no one got hurt. Now Take it to the freeride forum, that is what it is here for.
You're either lying or have over analyzed your bike riding/racing to the point of complete staleness if you can't appreciate those pictures........racer or not. Who gives a fvck what forum it's in......it's worthy to anyone who rides.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
kidwoo said:
You're either lying or have over analyzed your bike riding/racing to the point of complete staleness if you can't appreciate those pictures........racer or not. Who gives a fvck what forum it's in......it's worthy to anyone who rides.
couldn't have said it better.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
are we still making negative comments about this gap??? We (racers, freeriders, xc, road, etc...) constantly fight with each other even though we all ride....sometmes I wonder if we even deserve to ride bikes...D

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
BMXman said:
are we still making negative comments about this gap??? We (racers, freeriders, xc, road, etc...) constantly fight with each other even though we all ride....sometmes I wonder if we even deserve to ride bikes...D
Me and my crew, wich includes Kidwoo, WestCoastHucker, and the whole L.O.D. ride with racers everyday. We never here a negative word from any of the racers. They are all super cool with us, and the fact that we like to send huge gaps and airs on a regular basis. It's only on Ridemonkey where you here this crap. We get nothing but respect from the real racer jonnys. We give nothing but respect back to them. The real deal racers rock hardcore. Props to them and their mad skeelz.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I'm not judging you or you spelling but the fact that we classify riders is part of the problem....is there really a need for labels? If you ride, great!! I'm happy, the more the merrier I'm just gald you're on 2 wheels. The problems start to arise when folks feel the need to specify who, what, when, etc....but hey it's JMO...D

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
BMXman said:
I'm not judging you or you spelling but the fact that we classify riders is part of the problem....is there really a need for labels? If you ride, great!! I'm happy, the more the merrier I'm just gald you're on 2 wheels. The problems start to arise when folks feel the need to specify who, what, when, etc....but hey it's JMO...D
i hear ya, and i feel ya. I'm a mountain biker

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I think labels like freeriders, dhers, xcers are fine. It just explains their riding style. There is nothing wrong with that. It is fine if someone only races dh and another only freerides as long as they accept each style of riding. THey don't have to like all riding styles, they should just accept each others riding style as a style of biking and not bitch and talk negatively about the different styles. Thats my opinion.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
That is pretty wicked! good going.

I prefer to call it "got balls" not "skills"
But to each his own, I would never attempt as I have no balls for that...impressive none the less.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
that rider in the first shot is of course eliot hoover. boulders best. way to go man. i have ridden with that guy many times and he is sick.