45' Creek Gap, It's about to go off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
DHCorky said:
I know I wouldn't hit it. That is just because I don't see any point in hitting it. I would not get any personal satisfaction out of that. This is how I view large gaps and drops, Whats the point? Others, that is all they do so to each his own.
What's the point you ask? Have you ever thought that people are different and some folks like variety? I personally love the adrenaline rush that comes with hitting gaps and drops. Here's a pic so you all don't think I'm just another contributer to the touchy topic this thread turned into...
Mild 40' gap w/ 6' stepdown,

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
chicodude01 said:
WCH would own you. Plain and simple.

Sheesh, Eveyone is damn tochy around here
agreed. mike would own and monkies get all snatchy real quick. i for one will meet wch at silverton and go for that gap too. just needs a little dial in on the landing. elliot hoover is there right now and i bet he hits it this weekend. wch im off aug. 17-23 and thinking of heading down there. pm me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
looks pretty freakin awesome to me.
We have some WAY smaller jumps with relatively small trannys ... I call them "targets". I prefer a downhill runout so you can overshoot and not go to flat until you get your speed dialed in.

45' is out of my league (this year!) but I'll be watching for pics. :thumb:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I'm all for some gaps but not psyched on the seemingly peaked and concave landing tranny. Maybe it's just the angle but it looks like at the required speed it'd be hard to catch backside with your front wheel. Either way, let's see some action footage!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
agreed on the hatorade and flamage.

mach 1 down a snot slick, off camber, supah rocky race course

gap jumping across the zip code

both work the adrenal gland hard so its all good

so

BOTH sides STFU and RIDE damnit :thumb:

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
WestCoastHucker said:
just the kind of responses i expected to read from a bunch of scared monkeys......

good stuff. i can't wait to hit it and show the weak racer johnnies how easy it actually is.....
oh now YOU're a genius aren't you?

"racer johnnies" happen to ride better than "freeride monkey cocks" every day, every trail.

so sorry to harsh on your little mellow, to burst your happy bubble.

yeah, you sure could show Gee Atherton, Greg Minaar or Nathan Rennie a thing or two.

right.

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
DHCorky said:
I know I wouldn't hit it. That is just because I don't see any point in hitting it. I would not get any personal satisfaction out of that. This is how I view large gaps and drops, Whats the point? Others, that is all they do so to each his own.
exactly.

if you can't do that kind of huge gap as part of your ride, as an INTEGRAL part of your ride, what are you?

a showman?

an entertainer?

surely not a bike RIDER, but maybe a bike STUNTMAN.

I suggest the freeride monkey cocks try pedalling a little, it might actually get some blood flowing to those meathead cement filled skulls.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
WestCoastHucker said:
you monkeys are so sensitive and predictible. one racer comment is all it takes to wad up all of your panties.....
It's so true, the racers boyz get very cranky when you do anything non race oriented.

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
on the other hand,

anyone who sticks that POLLUTED CREEK gap and doesnt fall into the POLLUTED CREEK deserves stuntman props.

nice stunt.

stunts are fun.

but please don't say that a 45-foot gap makes you "better than" a DH racer, because that's stupid and silly, like my two posts above. all it shows is how little you know about how HARD it is, how MUCH skill it takes, to rip it down a techie DH course in a competitive time. the skill is a bigger component in DH racing than in hucking. hucking is 75% balls, 25% skill. flip it for DH racing. ;)

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
gonzostrike said:
oh now YOU're a genius aren't you?

"racer johnnies" happen to ride better than "freeride monkey cocks" every day, every trail.
Thank you for showing us that racer boy elitist attitude I've come to love.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
gonzostrike said:
I suggest the freeride monkey cocks try pedalling a little, it might actually get some blood flowing to those meathead cement filled skulls.
:thumb:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
sweet jump. cant wait to see someone hit it. wch just has a bad case of the freeriders. its been inflicting alotta people lately. no big deal. let him huck his heart out and hell be cured in no time. but if worst comes to worst we will haveto switch to an antibiotic known as pinkbike.
~Dr. Love~

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
WestCoastHucker said:
when you stick that jump, then you can tell me it was only 25% skill......
Man, you talk yourself up more than anyone I've ever seen. Rennie and co don't feel the need to talk themselves up and I can pretty much guarantee he goes bigger and faster than you or I ever will. Just shut the hell up and ride, get over this internet turdball.

i never claimed to better than the big dogs. i simply made a comment about how everytime something gets posted here that isn't specifically racer oriented, all the little scared monkeys start saying things like "why would anyone do that", or "that's stupid" and things of the like. just because something it out of your realm, dosen't make it dumb or lame. now i understand that it's natural in life to just play along with the "sour grapes" thoery, but it really shows your narrowminded mentality.
i fully appreciate racing, as i had done it for years and have decided it's just not my thing anymore (the reason being for the same elitest mentality that is shown in this thread.) now i just ride for the love and try to push it onto others, not exclude and shun them because they don't ride just like me........

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
WestCoastHucker said:
yeah, just like thr RBR and crankworx......
ah, you miss the point. go back to Pinkbike and post pics of you doing a neighborhood 12" curb drop photoshopped onto a 60-foot cliff drop.

Crankworks is BMXers riding MTBs. That's fine. but it's way more interesting done on a fully rigid 20" BMX. it's a shame that Berrecloth and Basagoitia couldn't hack competing against Hoffman, Miron & company and had to switch to MTBs.

sorta like those roadies who lost every race in Cat IV and then switched to MTB where the competition was less aggressive, which started changing the complexion of NORBA XC classes. ;)

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
Lexx D said:
Thank you for showing us that racer boy elitist attitude I've come to love.
ain't it grand. I don't even race DH. I'm much more a freerider than a DH racer. but at least I know where and what the facts are, unlike the freeride monkey cocks who think that Berrecloth is more skilled than Rennie or Minaar or Hill or Atherton.

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
come on, WCH.

there's a huge diff between DH racing on MTBs and riding MTBs on butt-smooth BMX jump courses.

I'm sure you have Earthed 2, eh? now how about the footage of the BMX crazy phoques riding the UCI DH BMX course? they don't need suspension or 26" or 24" wheels.

if UCI and NORBA DH courses were baby butt smooth, the DH racers could do them on 20" too.

finally,

not all the top World Cup DH racers are ex-BMX. Marla Streb didn't start riding until her 20s and began as a bike courier. Sam Hill is an ex-moto guy. jeez, even Super T got his start in motocross!

come on, dude, you troll much better than this on MTBR.com :D

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
We're all on bikes and that's a good thing. Get out and ride. If hucking is your thing, huck. If racing get's you going, race. Do the bikepath if you wish. Just realize biking takes all kinds and each one has it's own unique skills. Do what you enjoy but no matter what, don't get off the saddle because of what others think.

Dogwonder...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
gonzostrike said:
ain't it grand. I don't even race DH. I'm much more a freerider than a DH racer. but at least I know where and what the facts are, unlike the freeride monkey cocks who think that Berrecloth is more skilled than Rennie or Minaar or Hill or Atherton.
Wow you really showed me :think: , good to see you know the "Facts" of whos better than who. I always thought it was was hard to gauge since different people bring different things to the table. Shows what i know.

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
mcA896 said:
technically that is a jump and not a huck
The Freeride Thesaurus disagrees with you. "Huck" basically means "throw" or "hurl" and you surely could hurl yourself across the creek.

The Freeride Thesaurus thanks you for your attention and urges you to remember, not every intuitive thought is correct.

Footnote: Please watch Earthed 2 for the intro to Kovarik's section riding on home turf in Oz, and read the spray painted message inside Kovarik's van.

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
Lexx D said:
Wow you really showed me :think: , good to see you know the "Facts" of whos better than who. I always thought it was was hard to gauge since different people bring different things to the table. Shows what i know.
or maybe what you do NOT know. the overconfidence of youth gives way to wisdom and knowledge that you DO NOT know everything.

time to grow up, padawan.

please list the "skills" that Berrecloth possesses but top UCI DH racers lack.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
lovebunny said:
sweet jump. cant wait to see someone hit it. ..............
~Dr. Love~
HAHA! Lovebunny is signing out as Dr. Love! Bahaha.....ha...haha...gasping for air.....haaha...ponding fist on table...haha.... man that's classic. Good stuff TJ. :thumb:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
gonzostrike said:
or maybe what you do NOT know. the overconfidence of youth gives way to wisdom and knowledge that you DO NOT know everything.

time to grow up, padawan.

please list the "skills" that Berrecloth possesses but top UCI DH racers lack.
And your overconfidence in age = knowledge has led you to sound like an a$$hole.

Don't you die in one of the episodes Obi-Wan.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
gonzostrike said:
The Freeride Thesaurus disagrees with you. "Huck" basically means "throw" or "hurl" and you surely could hurl yourself across the creek.

The Freeride Thesaurus thanks you for your attention and urges you to remember, not every intuitive thought is correct.

Footnote: Please watch Earthed 2 for the intro to Kovarik's section riding on home turf in Oz, and read the spray painted message inside Kovarik's van.
i disagree. a thesaurus is a book for looking up alternate words with the same meaning (throw hurl) but you said that huck MEANS to throw or hurl, so you should have said the freeride DICTIONARY :p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow, this certainly is one of the dumbest threads i have ever read.

first i think the jump looks badass. its huge. it takes balls/confidence and skill to make a gap that big.

as for the lander, it aint too small ya just have to pin it.

as for the freerider/racer/bmxer debate i dont think any of them are better than any of the others because they all focus on different skills in riding. they have found their joy and they try to attain that be it a podium finish or some huge drop or going to the park and ripping it up.

as for gonzos last comment, bearclaw posesses many skills that top UCI racers dont posess. i dont see them pulling fufanus on the top of pick up trucks from a quarter pipe or ripping 360's off of 15-20 foot drops or anything like that. however conversely i dont see bearclaw killing downhill courses or racing at all for that matter. its just different strokes for different folks.

freeriders are not dumb racers may be arrogant at times and whatever but what is dumb is a bunch of kids in a thread flaming each other because of what they prefer to ride. if you are going to continue posting crap like this i suggest you take it elsewhere because a thread that started out as someone posting a big ass creek jump turned into one of the dumbest things i have read in a long time.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
This should have not been posted in a DOWNHILL forum. Its a freeride stunt and should have been posted in FREERIDE. People in this forum like to race.

I for one think the stunt is awesome. I wish I had the balls to try it. DH racing and freeriding all take skill. Everyone needs to relax a little and go ride.

"Do watcha like and like watcha do" ;):)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
WestCoastHucker said:
just the kind of responses i expected to read from a bunch of scared monkeys......

good stuff. i can't wait to hit it and show the weak racer johnnies how easy it actually is.....
WestCoastHucker said:
yeah, just like thr RBR and crankworx......

westcoasthucker, you bitch about everyone being uptight and elitist and you were the first one to start the whole flaming war on this thread. what really spurred you to call a lot of us scared and call racers weak. you really need to start thinking about the things you post. gracia is a racer and he rips freeride as do Kyle straight and many many others. i think your ignorance and self doubt shows through greatly alomst every time you post. i hope that you find whatever it is you are looking for.

as well as you called it easy but you are defending how much of freeride is skill oriented. maybe you should think about that as well.

another helpfull thing would be to not post this in the DH forum but instead in the freeride forum. most racers dont really visit that forum to begin with.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
freightGOD said:
5 pages of this b.s and not the first pic of anyone hitting that monstrosity.....

Classic!!

they are supposed to be hitting it today.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
that gap is sssssssick. I just wish i had the balls to hit it. :(
if you think a racer will hit that your kidding yourself. No racer will ever jump that gap. As for Gonzostrike, he has never hit anything bigger than a 10 foot gap, and that's for real. Oh yeah, he is also the biggest Josh Bender groupie to ever walkn the face of the intraweb. Hey Gonzo, what is the biggest gap you have ever hit? Be honest. I'll bet it's not 1/4 of the size as that picture of the river gap.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
biggins said:
westcoasthucker, you bitch about everyone being uptight and elitist and you were the first one to start the whole flaming war on this thread. what really spurred you to call a lot of us scared and call racers weak. you really need to start thinking about the things you post. gracia is a racer and he rips freeride as do Kyle straight and many many others. i think your ignorance and self doubt shows through greatly alomst every time you post. i hope that you find whatever it is you are looking for.

as well as you called it easy but you are defending how much of freeride is skill oriented. maybe you should think about that as well.

another helpfull thing would be to not post this in the DH forum but instead in the freeride forum. most racers dont really visit that forum to begin with.
WCH, I do believe you just got pwn3d.

I think everyone should just remember this:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Toshi said:
and we can largely thank WCH for that. :nope:
Lets not forget about gonzos comments

gonzostrike said:
gonzostrike said:
surely not a bike RIDER, but maybe a bike STUNTMAN.

Don't blame it all on one person. While I don't agree with his approach, all WCH was doing was responding to the stupid comments about the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.