Quantcast

48 hole 24" rims . . . .

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Does anyone know where I can score a good aftermarket 24" 48H rim? I have spent a lotta time looking and not finding. Gone through the whole BTI website, googled, ebay, etc.

I know 48's have always been rare with 24" rims because most cruisers have been bmx race-oriented. But some stock bikes, like the General Lee 24" come with 48's like the Alex Y303 48h.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
the only ones im familiar with are halo. other than that the only brands that might do a 24in 48h are sun and alex.

now im curious. what for are you in need of a 24in 48h rim?

edit: alex makes the supra b rim in 20 and 24in with either 36 or 48h. which leads me to think they make a 24in 48h alex supra b.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
funn used to do them, im not so sure anymore.

arrow racing site says they can do custom drillings. their rims are sick, i've been on them for years.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
can i ask why?

heh heh.

ROOTS, man, roots. 48's were the standard in bmx (except bmx racing) until the recent lightness trend.

i'd rather have a stiff solid rear wheel that stays in true than save the weight of 12 spokes and 12 nipples.

i know 36's stay in true also.... so i'm not saying 48's are "better." i just like em.

this is gonna be for a freecoaster wheel for my flatland cruiser. i think with lateral strain/flexing on wheels from tricks like time machines . . . it's better to have a 48.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
need a wheel? got a like new babied geisha on rhino xl perfectly straight
i already bought a Federal Freecoaster (made by KHE).

is yours the mtb spaced one or the bmx spaced ? i need the bmx one.

thanks...

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
arrow racing site says they can do custom drillings. their rims are sick, i've been on them for years.
Good to know, as my cruiser has 40 (not 48) hole hubs! Rare fo sho. Their only rim for rim brakes is the XCL but I'm sure I could make that work in a pinch. And I've been on DHX's and FRX's for 5 years or more now. Support Gus!